Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Main Sector > Anything Goes > Anything Goes

Notices

Anything Goes You can post anything and everything here, as long as its within the rules.

Old 01-22-2010   #1
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(5012 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Why does it take a natural disaster to get people to care?

So you all know about that earthquake business in Haiti.

But I wonder why it takes a natural disaster to get people to start caring about another, less off country. I guarantee that most of the people suddenly so concerned with donating to Haiti wouldn't give a shit about it on any other day. On any other day it's 'Fuck the non American countries' now it's 'We all have to give money and supplies to this country I forgot even existed'. And I can't even watch shitty television anymore.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #2
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5851 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Fuck Haiti to begin with. Those donations have probably hurt the country more than they do help it. The fact that they don't know anything about the country is probably why they're so eager to donate - they don't realize that the earthquake was practically a renovation for them.

That and the people of Haiti made a deal with the devil 200 years ago and God has finally gotten around to punishing them, but either way.

To clarify, nothing against humanitarian efforts, but there are better places to donate to, imo, than a country that was already beyond repair to begin with.

Last edited by Yvlla; 01-22-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #3
Spud Webb
Ciroc Obama

(4841 days)
Threads: 23
Style: Girl Power
Mood: Is handsome a mood
Time spent on board:
6 day 12 hour 39 min

Spud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimen
Spud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimen
Send a message via AIM to Spud Webb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvl View Post
they don't realize that the earthquake was practically a renovation for them.
i didn't know it was considered a renovation when the prisons collapsed and the inmates escaped, millions of homes were destroyed, thousands of people died, the presidential palace was crushed and the entire capital city (port au prince, for the record) was practically obliterated

yes, haiti was a shit-hole before the earthquakes. it was one of the poorest nations in the world and it was riddled with more diseases than tila tequila. but to say the destruction of an entire nation is a renovation is retarded

"Evermore Hottest Maln"

I put the mac in aroni
Spud Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #4
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5851 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
It was an exaggeration.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010   #5
Spud Webb
Ciroc Obama

(4841 days)
Threads: 23
Style: Girl Power
Mood: Is handsome a mood
Time spent on board:
6 day 12 hour 39 min

Send a message via AIM to Spud Webb
yes i figured as much, but still, up yours

"Evermore Hottest Maln"

I put the mac in aroni
Spud Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010   #6
Eden
The Fool

(4062 days)
Threads: 1
Style: Blue Hatch
Time spent on board:
17 h 32 min 2 sec

Eden is on the border of good and evil
Send a message via MSN to Eden Send a message via Yahoo to Eden
Well, it helps raising donations when you put some helpless and innocent child faces on the tv. Of course they could have done that before the earthquake, since most things looked almost the same before it. It is horrible, but I am not optimistic that these donations will do more good than those before.
Eden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010   #7
Hobo Moderator
Kaffee
Urban Legend

(6224 days)
Threads: 2777
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: 40 is the new 20....maybe not
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 4 day

Kaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Kaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Kaffee Send a message via Yahoo to Kaffee
I have to agree with Yvl, somewhat. I don't mind lending a hand, but there are so many people in this country that need help as well.

"Be regular and orderly in your life, that you may be violent and original in your work."
Clive Barker
Kaffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010   #8
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(5860 days)
Threads: 1532
Style: Smoke
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaffee View Post
I have to agree with Yvl, somewhat. I don't mind lending a hand, but there are so many people in this country that need help as well.
Exactly gicing all this money won't get more jobs available, help our economy, or lower our debt it will just make it worse for us.

Someone at work said something about a few Haitians coming here to the US. I guess they will get our jobs if that is true.
Old 01-23-2010   #9
Goldiroxxor
Mon Collie Knight

(6123 days)
Threads: 1415
Style: Smoke
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 5 day

Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Don't we like, in our taxes already PAY money to haiti? That's what I've been hearing through the grapevine yet they want us to donate more on top of paying taxes for lesser countries? I mean why doesn't the Dominican republic help them out. They're on the same area. Let them help out more. Cuba, DR, Etc. People in their immediate area should be donating more and helping.
Goldiroxxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010   #10
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs

(6259 days)
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Chipotlé View Post
So you all know about that earthquake business in Haiti.

But I wonder why it takes a natural disaster to get people to start caring about another, less off country. I guarantee that most of the people suddenly so concerned with donating to Haiti wouldn't give a shit about it on any other day. On any other day it's 'Fuck the non American countries' now it's 'We all have to give money and supplies to this country I forgot even existed'. And I can't even watch shitty television anymore.
Same reason it takes one person to slaughter several people before someone thinks "what if we outlawed murder..."
Same reason speed limits were enforced and altered after someone took the bend too quickly and wrapped it around a tree. "what if we made this safer..."
Same reason why we only give a shit about pandas because they're almost extinct but don't give a shit about the dodo bird because they already are.

It takes something, be it a face or an event for people to feel good about themselves because they feel they are contributing to something larger than themselves and helping a country, not a person. The celebrity "face" I find rather laughable that people still fall for these gimmicks.

Break it down. "Celebrities" on million dollar pay packets are ringing around regular common folk for donations of what?

$20?
$50?
$100?

"Oh George Clooney is asking me nicely to donate.. swooon"

Hilarious.
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote