Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Main Sector > Anything Goes > Anything Goes

Notices

Anything Goes You can post anything and everything here, as long as its within the rules.

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2009   #21
Mean Lady
...isn't all that mean.

(5779 days)
Threads: 85
Style: Blue Hatch
Time spent on board:
4 day 1 hour 33 min

Mean Lady is a star, a bright shining star!Mean Lady is a star, a bright shining star!Mean Lady is a star, a bright shining star!Mean Lady is a star, a bright shining star!Mean Lady is a star, a bright shining star!
Mean Lady is a star, a bright shining star!Mean Lady is a star, a bright shining star!Mean Lady is a star, a bright shining star!Mean Lady is a star, a bright shining star!Mean Lady is a star, a bright shining star!Mean Lady is a star, a bright shining star!Mean Lady is a star, a bright shining star!Mean Lady is a star, a bright shining star!Mean Lady is a star, a bright shining star!Mean Lady is a star, a bright shining star!Mean Lady is a star, a bright shining star!Mean Lady is a star, a bright shining star!
Quote:
It doesn't belong there at all. I believe it should stay in a sporting goods store. However more and more stores are trying to find ways to earn a profit now more than ever in this economy and I won't condemn a store because it is selling something that may allow them to earn more of a profit and keep their store open and the employees that work there.
I doubt an accessory for a gun will make Toys-R-Us rolling in the dough.
Old 04-29-2009   #22
Goldiroxxor
Mon Collie Knight

(6122 days)
Threads: 1415
Style: Smoke
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 5 day

Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima View Post
Also thanks for the bad rep, I hope whoever did it gets hit by a van and suffers for 1 hour before dying.
Wow Alty. You are seriously fucked up. You are such a fucking douche bag. You wish me to die just because You're an idiot and were fighting against a point that was already null and void the moment the words you typed were posted, and yourself didn't understand how a boresight even works? Gee wiz. This here proves your idiocy and how people in this world now a days can't take being called a simple idiot or any criticism at all. You yourself deserve a kick in the nuts man. Seriously. What the fuck is wrong with you.

And too late =P I already got hit by a van while riding a bike when I was in 6th grade and lived past that ordeal after several broken bones. So hah. Take that. Live past it once I'll live past it again.

And alty. It shouldn't be in a toy store because its

1. An accessory for a gun. Nothing for a real gun period should ever be sold in a toy store, period. End of story. This is obviously some horrible joke someone is pulling over the internet and either somehow got into their website and changed it around and added that, or someone within their management that has access to their websites design is playing a nasty joke that already could just for laughs to see how long before people came raging about it.

and

2. Its suggestively shaped like a bullet itself as a whole. It just doesn't belong on a toy store site, no matter what.

You really did miss the point. You have low moral standards. Of course you're not going to find it wrong at all. You come from a family where it seems that you've learned that guns are alright and that its not a big deal because hey, its not affecting you negatively so it shouldn't be at all for others period either. Well outside of your house hold its a different world Alty. There's a thing called morals and standards in the rest of the US. And guns associated with children stuff is a bad idea, period. What if a Kid brings it to school, they'll probably get into serious trouble for it because its bullet shaped even, because its for a gun / etc. Its for safety. If a kid thinks they could have that at school whats to say to stop them from thinking its ok in the next step to start taking a gun around with them everywhere? It all comes down to for safety of children and their environments.
Old 04-29-2009   #23
Kanaye
。。。

(4510 days)
Threads: 43
Time spent on board:
2 week 1 day 15 hour

Kanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to all
Kanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Goodness. Toy store isn't selling guns, it's selling tools for guns. Which is pretty bizarre in itself and I'd hazard a shot at 'inappropriate'.
I know, Nick. The keywords in my statement are "Also" and "would". But I'm not in the mood for nitpicking.

みわはてつちにかえるねむりについたこどうたち
Old 04-29-2009   #24
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5850 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Quote:
Guns don't kill people, the people or idiots in some cases that use them do.
Children ARE idiots.

Quote:
Also thanks for the bad rep, I hope whoever did it gets hit by a van and suffers for 1 hour before dying.
This is most of the people in the thread you're talking about.

Quote:
It doesn't belong there at all. I believe it should stay in a sporting goods store. However more and more stores are trying to find ways to earn a profit now more than ever in this economy and I won't condemn a store because it is selling something that may allow them to earn more of a profit and keep their store open and the employees that work there.
Well then the next logical move would be for Best Buy to start carrying dead babies.

For the record, the link is now broken. They removed the product.
Old 04-29-2009   #25
Goldiroxxor
Mon Collie Knight

(6122 days)
Threads: 1415
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 5 day

Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvl View Post
For the record, the link is now broken. They removed the product.
its back agian, though http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...origkw=2850496
Old 04-29-2009   #26
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(5011 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle

Alright, I'm done.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Old 04-29-2009   #27
Nickelback
I N D E S T R U C T I B L E

(5684 days)
Threads: 213
Mood: Ima kick ass.
Time spent on board:
1 month 0 week 0 day

Nickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Nickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Quote:
It is just a damn laser get over it damn.

Most of you obviously have never held a gun because I see this as no big deal at all. Most toy stores hold more than toys in some cases. As long as it is done responsibly I see no problem with it. As long as a child can't actually buy the sight and only a parent can then what is the big freakin deal?
With that type of reasoning, what's stopping us from merging every retailer across the globe into superstores? It's flawed. Completely flawed. Can you tell me why a laser (which can potentially damage someone's eyes, think about a little kid with that) like that is put in a toy store? Should we also begin stocking ammunition in toy stores provided there is no firearms being sold?

Quote:

Bad repping for a mere over reaction to something that isn't even that serious as a laser is just pathetic and childish.
And saying crap like wishing on someone being hit by a van and suffering for an hour before dying, as well as "Most of you obviously have never held a gun because I see this as no big deal at all." is provocative and childish. Don't make statements like that if you contradict yourself in the very same post.

Quote:
Most people in highly hunting states like WV where everyone has a rifle or 2 and uses them at a very young age is no big deal.

The 1st real gun I used was my 4-10 and I was never seriously harmed with it other than having my nose too close to the hammer when I fired it and it scratched my nose which was nothing at all, I didn't even know it happened until my dad told me.

Most of you could probably never kill an animal so you can't really talk about it like it is irresponsible to teach a child about guns and gun safety even at a young age, you are simply out of your element.
Okay well, I originally felt I had no reason to mention this in the topic, but evidently I do because you need a lesson in manners. It's abundantly clear that you are just out of your mind. I've been handling firearms, disassembling, utilizing, cleaning, everything. Have you shot a .50 BMG round through a rifle? I bet you haven't. How about a fully automatic FN P90? Probably not, either. (These are actually illegal to own unless you have a special grant and class 3 license!) Looks like you were talking about pistols. The 1911 is a pretty nice one. How about a .38 special? Ever had one of those? I bet you can't find ammo for it, with this gun craze going on.

My point being, shut the fuck up. You don't know what someone might be into as a hobby, and I don't think you really have the authority to begin making wild accusations about what we have or have not done just because you got your pants into a knot.

Calm down.

Old 04-29-2009   #28
Mina
None So Cold - Frozen Soul

(4589 days)
Threads: 75
Time spent on board:
1 week 1 day 3 hour

Mina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to all
Mina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to all
Quote:
It doesn't belong there at all. I believe it should stay in a sporting goods store.
thats all they were asking, lol. the gun saftey thing is something else which was also being discussed, but THATS what they were trying to get you to answer.

Quote:
However more and more stores are trying to find ways to earn a profit now more than ever in this economy and I won't condemn a store because it is selling something that may allow them to earn more of a profit and keep their store open and the employees that work there.
thats terrible business. everyones fucking conservative these days, people still flip out about guns in walmarts.

Quote:
To me I just fail to see what is so horrible about a laser sight. It may be for a gun, but they are not selling guns and knives, they are simply selling an accessory for a gun which really isn't going to influence the kids in any negative way.
there IS NOT anything wrong with it. the whole point was even if its wrong or right- it shouldnt be in a toy store. that was all. as i had posted, which no one really seemed to read, im not against guns as much as most people, still it just doesnt belong in toys r us. i was surprised they have T-M games, im far from a conservative, but knowing how the stores are viewed and what customers expect is the problem. i'd think parents would flip out over things for teens in their little kids toy store.

Quote:
Of course most people probably won't suspect this to be in a toy store, so I do actually fail to see the huge profit this would make them unless they decided to carry perhaps real guns, or more adult sporting goods in the near future.
right theyd make no profit. its just the fact of the matter it doesnt belong there, thats all everyones saying here.

Yvl-
Quote:
Well then the next logical move would be for Best Buy to start carrying dead babies.
that would be sweet, i'd have a new diet. ;]
Old 04-29-2009   #29
Kanaye
。。。

(4510 days)
Threads: 43
Time spent on board:
2 week 1 day 15 hour

Kanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to all
Kanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to all
Come to think of it, Nick, I was asked before if I wanted to join a gun club. Thought it was an interesting experience, but I never gathered the money to actually go and take all the tests required to obtain the license. But your points may have just sparked my interest again.

I digress, you guys continue with the discussion.

みわはてつちにかえるねむりについたこどうたち
Old 04-29-2009   #30
Raist Classic
Black Rose

(5971 days)
Threads: 69
Style: Evening Sky
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
Is there anything to suggest this item is actually being sold in a toy store?