Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Main Sector > Coffee House > General Discussion > Anime and Manga

Notices

Anime and Manga Discuss all things anime and manga here! ^_^

Old 06-29-2014   #1
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(6337 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Anime Night

A couple years ago, my friends and I got together to watch Evangelion, since not all of them had seen it, and those who had seen it wanted to watch it again. Since then, pretty much every Thursday we've been watching anime that we draw out of a hat. So far this is what we've watched:

SEASON 1

Evangelion - You've seen this one.

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - You've at least heard of this one.

Blackrock Shooter - Trippy as fuck thing about I dont even know. I don't remember this well, its awkward story structure might have had something to do with this. Reccomend for

Ga-rei Zero - Pretty intense and emotional story about a lesbian and this other girl, and they're both crazy swordfighters or something. Again, I barely remember this one.

Freezing - We decided they can only do damage by destroying each other's clothing. Titty-fest that I wouldn't necessarily reccomend, even though the premise is awesome.

Garden of Sinners - Again, can't remember much of this, but it was pretty messed up.

SEASON 2

Trigun - You'd BETTER have seen this one. Still a contender for best anime of all time.

Outlaw Star - Like Cowboy Beebop but worse, somehow.

High School DxD - This was painful. Generic harem anime.

Mirai Nikki - This is one I'd actually reccomend, especially to Holly. One of the few recent ones that are any good. It's about a game a god plays where he gives a bunch of people cell phones, and people have to destroy each other's cell phones. The twist is that one of the contestants falls in love with the protagonist, to an extremely creepy degree.

Serial Experiments Lain - Trip-fest abut a girl that gets way too into the internet.

Black Lagoon - Pretty solid anime about the criminal underworld, and the transition between the real world and the underworld. Worth watching.

SEASON 3 (current)

High School of the Dead
Either Samurai Champloo or Kill la Kill, we're not sure yet.
The first couple arcs of Hunter x Hunter
Some Gundam series - 08th MS team?
Macross Frontier
Guilty Crown

Last edited by Yvlla; 07-03-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014   #2
Raist Classic
Black Rose

(6458 days)
Threads: 69
Style: Evening Sky
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
Ga-Rei is one of my favorite shows.

click to show

Then they threw in the lesbian undertones and I was like "dude, you already had me."

I tried reading the comic afterward, but it is so lame in comparison so I didn't get very far.
Old 06-29-2014   #3
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(5498 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Why would you watch Highschool of the Dead

Is Moribito in the hat, it should be in the hat.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014   #4
Pinkie Pie
Rum Raisin~

(6742 days)
Threads: 259
Style: Girl Power
Time spent on board:
2 month 2 week 2 day

Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinkie Pie
If you're looking for recommendations for that last slot, Gatchaman Crowds and Uchouten Kazoku were both ones from last year that I thoroughly enjoyed, depending on if you want social deconstruction and commentary dressed up as superhero stuff or goofy but touching drama stuff starring a family of tanuki, respectively.

If you just want short silly nonsense instead, Tonari no Seki-kun just finished airing a few months ago and is also pretty great for entirely different reasons (girl in class is hopelessly distracted by the antics of the boy sitting next to her).
Old 06-29-2014   #5
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(5498 days)
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Listen to what Tessa says.

And then ignore all of it in favor of the best anime. The best anime.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Old 06-30-2014   #6
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(6337 days)
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapplecrack View Post
Why would you watch Highschool of the Dead
It's suggested by the same guy that suggested High School DxD. I don't know what to expect, but they're assuring me it's great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie View Post
If you're looking for recommendations for that last slot
Oh, no, I just can't remember what it is. I was gonna fill it in later but forgot about it. My suggestions are on back order for a while, and I don't know how people would take to suggestions from others. There's still a second season of HxH, Baccano, and maybe Durarara for me. I still need to watch Gatchaman though.
Old 06-30-2014   #7
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(5498 days)
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvl View Post
It's suggested by the same guy that suggested High School DxD. I don't know what to expect, but they're assuring me it's great.

You know how High School DxD was like an ecchi harem show?

High School of the Dead is that.

But with zombies.

Old 07-02-2014   #8
Irving1992
Katon! Goukakyuu No Justu!

(5423 days)
Threads: 127
Style: Darkfire
Mood: Peaks and Valleys
Time spent on board:
1 month 0 week 4 day

Irving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimen
Irving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimen
Send a message via AIM to Irving1992 Send a message via Yahoo to Irving1992
Quote:

But with zombies.
An award winning combo, in my books. And my books are pretty damn relevant.

Also, throw in Sword Art Online if you haven't already watched it, Yvl.

Irving1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014   #9
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(6337 days)
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Quote:

But with zombies.
This was exactly what High School of the dead was, though they tried telling me "It's not REALLY a zombie anime, it's just an anime with zombies in it" and other such bullshit. It was exactly what it sounded like, which was a hollow and lifeless shell of an anime. I cannot for the life of me see what other people saw in the show. The girls weren't even that hot, and none of them had the personality to make up for their looks. No interest in zombies + no interest in the women = no interest in the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irving1992 View Post
Also, throw in Sword Art Online if you haven't already watched it, Yvl.
I have.

My suggestion was up next. It was Hunter x Hunter. Nobody seemed up for the 70-some epiusode long journey (even split into multiple parts), so I suggested Rurouni Kenshin instead, so that's next.
Old 09-19-2014   #10
Goldiroxxor
Mon Collie Knight

(6609 days)
Threads: 1415
Style: Smoke
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 5 day

Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Watch Space dandy, its a fantastic, wild show. Its entertaining in almost every way and has some obscure reference here and there. Shows almost done, only a few episodes left.
Goldiroxxor is offline   Reply With Quote