Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Main Sector > Coffee House > General Discussion > Anime and Manga

Notices

Anime and Manga Discuss all things anime and manga here! ^_^

Old 01-11-2009   #1
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(6341 days)
Threads: 1532
Style: Smoke
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
Fate Stay Night

I just finsihed watching Fate Stay Night and it wasn't a bad show, but it had to many things that I dislike about anime or things i've seen before.

Basically 7 masters and 7 servants that the master can summon and control fight to have theire wishes granted by the Holy Grail in a war called the Holy Grail War. It was ok, but lacked a bit of the action I thought it would have and was hoping for a bit more darkness in it. I will list some problems I had with it.

#1 The main character wants to save people and the world, but he thinks he doesn't have to fight to do it and is a total pussy. So many times have I seen that kind of character and it is still as stupid as the first time I saw a character that wanted to save people and thought he could go to war without hurting anyone.

#2 Each servant in the series was made from a Epic hero, one was Hercules, Gilgamesh and the lead was King Arthur. The catch tho is that they changed King Arthur's epic hero into a girl. Her name in 1 flashback was Arthuria or something. They did that to give the show a romantic love interest between her master and herself. Which just made the show seem dumber than it should have been. Although Saber was still my favorite character even if she was a female King Arthur, she sounded the way I would think she would too.

#3 Some other characters were just annoying like the childhood friend that was now an evil bastard bent on killing everyone, but that was a total and complete coward himself, yeah he sucked.

I liked Illiya tho, even if she was an evil little girl that used her Hercules to try and kill anyone who got in her way and then seemed nice and everything at times like a normal little girl. She did kill that dumb school kid tho so that was good and then got defeated and taken in by our lead character Mr. Hero guy.

All and all it wasn't a great series and tho I breezed right through it, I wouldn't give it a high rating.

Maybe a 6.5/10 at best.
Old 01-11-2009   #2
Doc Tram
Sb

(5066 days)
Threads: 11
Style: Cold Steel
Time spent on board:
2 day 18 hour 34 min

Doc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to all
Doc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to Doc Tram
I watched the first three episodes some time ago and then got caught up on something else. You think I should finish it?
Old 01-11-2009   #3
jethro
@_@

(6696 days)
Threads: 78
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: @_@
Time spent on board:
3 week 6 day 18 hour

jethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to all
jethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to jethro Send a message via MSN to jethro
I'll probably watch this within the next couple of months, one of my friends is getting heaps of anime from some guy and he's got this on his computer right now so i'll watch it once i've watched the other stuff i borrowed from him