Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Main Sector > Coffee House > General Discussion > Anime and Manga

Notices

Anime and Manga Discuss all things anime and manga here! ^_^

Old 04-26-2015   #31
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(5498 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvl View Post
Akame ga Kill

Turn back. Turn baaaaack.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015   #32
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(6337 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
but it has kill in the name how can it be bad
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015   #33
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(5498 days)
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Akame ga Kill is not bad but it's also not good. It's...it just is. The writing is not good and the animation varies. It's like the definition of 'middle of the road' that really only gets a pass because it doesn't DBZ its cast like other shounen's do. And I don't mean DBZ in the 'only Saiyans matter' sense of the term. The first episode shows a whole lot of promise that then it never quite lives up to. I suspect it is liked because of the gore because fuck, who doesn't like gore, right? You could do worse when it comes to anime. But you could also do better.

But hey, that's just me. You might like it for what it is.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Old 05-02-2015   #34
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(6346 days)
Threads: 1532
Style: Smoke
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
Quote:
We finished Psycho Pass, which was pretty good for the first season, then less good the second.
I want to get the Blu-ray sets for this, and the only reason I haven't is because it is in two parts. I want it in a full box set I think that may just be season 1 in two parts, or is that both seasons? It seems like an interesting show tho. I am waiting on other anime to be in one complete box set like Attack on Titan.

Quote:
Now we're on a new season of suggestions. They are:

Steins Gate
I enjoyed Stein's Gate, I watched it after I finished Serial Experiments Lain a while back. Stein's Gate starts off as sort of a light comedy, and then things get real after episode 12.

I am currently watching Black Butler season 1, and have season 2 as well. I am at episode 19. After that I plan to watch Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, which I have here already too.
Old 05-03-2015   #35
Hikari Tsukishiro
Magical Lyrical

(6507 days)
Threads: 21
Style: Blue Hatch
Time spent on board:
3 day 6 hour 48 min

Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!
Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!
second season of psycho pass is NOT written by Urobuchi. It's also not good at all.
There is a box set for the first season.
Old 05-07-2015   #36
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(6337 days)
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima View Post
I want to get the Blu-ray sets for this, and the only reason I haven't is because it is in two parts. I want it in a full box set I think that may just be season 1 in two parts, or is that both seasons? It seems like an interesting show tho. I am waiting on other anime to be in one complete box set like Attack on Titan.
The second season doesn't end the show, but it moves it closer to what could be an ending. There will most likely be a Season 3, and then that's it. First season is like 24 episodes, second season is like 12, if that helps any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari Tsukishiro View Post
second season of psycho pass is NOT written by Urobuchi. It's also not good at all.
That explains a lot. Literally slept through most of it, and regret nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima View Post
I enjoyed Stein's Gate, I watched it after I finished Serial Experiments Lain a while back. Stein's Gate starts off as sort of a light comedy, and then things get real after episode 12.
Yeah, we picked this one first, and it's freaking amazing. We've watched 4 episodes so far, and will probably watch another 4 tonight. The reason it was suggested was because someone was torn on what to watch (Steins;Gate or Angel Beats) and SG had just come in second on a Reddit March Madness style "Best anime" tournament, only losing to FMA: Brotherhood. So I nudged him towards SG, and just from the characters alone, we're all hooked. It's good to know shit gets real, I figured it would, but honestly wouldn't have cared if it never got passed this whole "wannabe mad scientist team" thing they're on now because it's so well-done and compelling.

Last edited by Yvlla; 05-07-2015 at 07:57 PM.
Old 05-14-2015   #37
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(6346 days)
Threads: 1532
Style: Smoke
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Send a message via MSN to Altima
Quote:
Yeah, we picked this one first, and it's freaking amazing. We've watched 4 episodes so far, and will probably watch another 4 tonight. The reason it was suggested was because someone was torn on what to watch (Steins;Gate or Angel Beats) and SG had just come in second on a Reddit March Madness style "Best anime" tournament, only losing to FMA: Brotherhood. So I nudged him towards SG, and just from the characters alone, we're all hooked. It's good to know shit gets real, I figured it would, but honestly wouldn't have cared if it never got passed this whole "wannabe mad scientist team" thing they're on now because it's so well-done and compelling.
Yeah I thoroughly enjoyed Stein's Gate from everything from the characters, to the story, to everyone trying to make everything right in the world again.

I am halfway through Black Butler season 2, and I am not sure how to feel about it yet. I think I am a bit confused on what really happened to Ceil, and his parents. I thought it was all over after season 1, and now we get this, and they are mixing stories up, and pushing some forward, so I am waiting to see how everything truly connects, and how everything really happened to him, Aloise, and everyone else.

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia is next for me.
Old 08-15-2016   #38
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(6337 days)
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Updates:

Akame ga Kill was a hell of a trip. It got predictable by the end but its gimmick worked well the first few times. it was overall well put together, in my opinion, a different take on a harem anime. Considering the last time I tried a harem anime I got HS DxD this was certainly quite welcome.
One Punch Man was mediocre... until the last few episodes. Suddenly it opened up a whole super compelling world where being able to kill anything in one hit doesnt mean shit.
Happening now: Seven Deadly Sins. WATCH THE FUCK OUT OF THIS IT IS AMAZING. Like, FMA:B amazing. Might become my 6th favorite anime, might even push past Fate Zero for #5.
Old 08-16-2016   #39
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(5498 days)
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

One Punch Man is a series I never really understood the hype behind but then realized it's because I literally don't care about an anime making fun of shounen tropes. Deconstructions are not interesting when they're obvious.

Also an RP forum I'm on is having an anime night and motherfuckers voted for Cowboy Bebop and it's like why vote for that who hasn't seen that yet and I'm still just really pissed that my suggestion of Your Lie In April lost to fucking Bebop by ONE FUCKING VOTE

Old 08-17-2016   #40
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(6337 days)
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

There are multiple people at our Anime Night that have not seen Cowboy Bebop. I am filibustering it from being shown because I think it's crap.