Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Main Sector > Coffee House > Music and Entertainment

Notices

Music and Entertainment Discuss music, movies, television, and other forms of entertainment besides videogames here.
Thread Description: I Built! My! Self! A! Me!tal! Bird!

Old 05-10-2015   #1
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(6337 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Silver Mt Zion is one of the best weirdest bands out there

When I started listening to Post Rock with Godspeed You! Black Emperor, I looked for other Post Rock bands, and found this one. Except they're not really Post Rock, so much as orchestral with a few Post guitar parts here and there.

The catch is the singer. He sounds like a diseased rodent of some kind. And yet his voice is oddly addicting, especially with the dramatic music accompanying him. It took me about a year to fully attune myself to hearing his voice before I could start appreciating how goddamn brilliant this band really is.

This song is my shit right now: There is a Light.
Go forth, man
Get down,
With a mighty fist and a retarded crown,
do the one-step the two-step,
Sweet jubilee!
And show me the light, goddamn!

Mountains Made of Steam

Freedom has Come and Gone

But if you have to listen to only one song this is arguably their best, and easily the most accessible: Sow Some Lonesome Corners So Many Flowers Bloom

I have no idea why I'm so deeply into them, but I've listened to at least one album a day for the last, like, 9 months. That sort of shit hasn't happened since I found REM. I'm curious to hear other people's reactions to this band, just because they're so overwhelmingly unique.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote