Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Gaming Sector > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming For the discussion of games from Atari to Zynga.

Old 09-28-2006   #1
Hobo Moderator
Kaffee
Urban Legend

(5884 days)
Threads: 2777
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: 40 is the new 20....maybe not
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 4 day

Kaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Kaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Kaffee Send a message via Yahoo to Kaffee
Tokyoites pocket Pokemon en masse

Tokyoites pocket Pokemon en masse

Fans stand in line for five hours to buy new Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl; game launched at a gala stage show in Shinjuku.

By Walt Wyman, GameSpot
Posted Sep 28, 2006 10:59 am PT

There is no shortage of popular Nintendo DS titles on the Japanese market, and today the system just got two more. Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl launched today, and again Tokyo saw fans lining up in scenes reminiscent of the Final Fantasy III DS launch last month. (The games will hit the US in mid-November.)

According to Japanese news site ITmedia, around 1,000 people queued up for the event and a chance to buy the latest installments in the Pokemon franchise and the Pokemon Center Original Nintendo DS Lite Dialga/Palkia Edition. Some fans had been in line since five o'clock the previous day. Even with the entire resources of the store devoted to selling the games, the queue time ballooned to five hours as the store filled to capacity.

A star-studded stage event was also held to celebrate the launch in the Shinjuku Takashimaya department store. The show featured the comic stylings of the comedic trio Roba-to and Shoko "Shocotan" Nakagawa--one of Japan's top geek pin-ups. The event showcased the game's Wi-Fi features with a celebrity Pokemon battle.

"Be regular and orderly in your life, that you may be violent and original in your work."
Clive Barker
Kaffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #2
TheBlackMarket
TIME TO TITS

(4936 days)
Threads: 8
Style: Cold Steel
Time spent on board:
22 h 1 min 19 sec

TheBlackMarket is a star, a bright shining star!TheBlackMarket is a star, a bright shining star!TheBlackMarket is a star, a bright shining star!TheBlackMarket is a star, a bright shining star!
TheBlackMarket is a star, a bright shining star!TheBlackMarket is a star, a bright shining star!TheBlackMarket is a star, a bright shining star!TheBlackMarket is a star, a bright shining star!TheBlackMarket is a star, a bright shining star!TheBlackMarket is a star, a bright shining star!TheBlackMarket is a star, a bright shining star!TheBlackMarket is a star, a bright shining star!TheBlackMarket is a star, a bright shining star!TheBlackMarket is a star, a bright shining star!TheBlackMarket is a star, a bright shining star!TheBlackMarket is a star, a bright shining star!TheBlackMarket is a star, a bright shining star!TheBlackMarket is a star, a bright shining star!TheBlackMarket is a star, a bright shining star!
Send a message via AIM to TheBlackMarket Send a message via MSN to TheBlackMarket Send a message via Yahoo to TheBlackMarket
Well, this was to be expected. The day has come. Pokemon is here...uh... there... Man, I'd hate to be a PSP today.

Terra wants to lead you to my gallery. Click her!
TheBlackMarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #3
Hobo Moderator
Kaffee
Urban Legend

(5884 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 4 day

Kaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Kaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
never was a Pokemon fan, but I find it fascinated that people would wait for hours to get it.

"Be regular and orderly in your life, that you may be violent and original in your work."
Clive Barker
Old 09-28-2006   #4
Pinkie Pie
Rum Raisin~

(5916 days)
Threads: 259
Style: Girl Power
Time spent on board:
2 month 2 week 2 day

Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinkie Pie
I WANT THIS GAME!!!!!1111!!111oneoneoneuno ichi!OMGMIDNOVEMBERIT'SCOMING OUTTHATSOONWHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ^o^

*clears throat*

Um, cool. o_o
Old 09-28-2006   #5
Hobo Moderator
Kaffee
Urban Legend

(5884 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 4 day

I figured that you would love this news, I always like to keep you happy, don't want you mad at me. LOL

Clive Barker
Old 09-28-2006   #6
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs

(5919 days)
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shia
I WANT THIS GAME!!!!!1111!!111oneoneoneuno ichi!OMGMIDNOVEMBERIT'SCOMING OUTTHATSOONWHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ^o^

OMG SHES WEAKEND!

*throws 50 bazillion pokeballs at Tessa*

im actually contemplating getting the pokemon rescue games...since i wanna be a slacking and just sit around on my ass eating things all day! Still they can get arsed if im gonna spend 2 days in a line...SEAT FILLER!
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #7
Bloozilla
Starkluftwaffe

(5972 days)
Threads: 220
Time spent on board:
1 year 0 month 2 week 3 day

Bloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leader
Bloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leaderBloozilla is a grand leader
Hehe, I'm planning on getting Diamond/Pearl, mostly because it has wifi and you can battle other people online. >.>
Bloozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #8
Miles
Ewigkämpfer

(5810 days)
Threads: 578
Style: Event Horizon
Time spent on board:
5 month 2 week 1 day

Miles is on the border of good and evil
I'm buying Pearl first o.o then Diamond the week after....Diamonds are over-rated >.>;;

But I wonder how long it will until they're released in EU...I hope it isn't too long...I hate having to wait extra for stuff, it's boring.
I'm starting to wonder if maybe...I live in the wrong country <.<;;
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #9
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs

(5919 days)
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha
I'm buying Pearl first o.o then Diamond the week after....Diamonds are over-rated >.>;;

But I wonder how long it will until they're released in EU...I hope it isn't too long...I hate having to wait extra for stuff, it's boring.
I'm starting to wonder if maybe...I live in the wrong country <.<;;
Everyone outside of Japan, USA and Canada live in the wrong country as far as game releases go. The upside is that when the products finally hit PAL shores all the bugs and all the crap shit are ironed out (unless its microsoft, they just suck balls with glitches and such) as Oceania has had very little cases of any problems with nintendo or sony items when compared to microsoft, and the microsoft releases have been relatively closer to the NTSC releases.

The way i see it, this us plenty of time to read reviews, get demos and pirate shit to actually play the game fully and not just see fmvs before you get dodgy controller settings and fagtastic storyine (thank you very much monster hunter shit, saved me $99.95 on your sucky ass!) to get an accurate feel if we want the game as consumers. (at least in Oceania with the markup)
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #10
Nickelback
I N D E S T R U C T I B L E

(5345 days)
Threads: 213
Style: Smoke
Mood: Ima kick ass.
Time spent on board:
1 month 0 week 0 day

Nickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Nickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanityNickelback is a brilliant tribute to humanity
I dunno. I was kinda turned off afte Generation 2 of the pokemon (Gold/Silver/Crystal), cause I thought going past 251 was too much. Meh, not sure yet.

Nickelback is offline   Reply With Quote