Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Gaming Sector > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming For the discussion of games from Atari to Zynga.
Thread Description: Apparently Droog's not making the GOTY thread this time

Old 01-23-2015   #1
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Liverwort Tens
Our Sweet Prince

(4891 days)
Threads: 1765
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Liverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Liverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Liverwort Tens Send a message via MSN to Liverwort Tens Send a message via Yahoo to Liverwort Tens
GOTY & other accolades thread 2014

Feel free to do a top 10 list, or "favorite game you played in 2014" or whatever.

My GOTY:

Mount & Blade Warband: Viking Conquest
Mount and Blade WB is endless fun. It's like Dynasty Warriors for grown ups. But the core game gave little direction and few goals to achieve, you had to set goals for yourself and that's not really how I work.

VC, however, adds a historically powered story that interested me in a whole new era of history, complete with the goals I felt were lacking in the core game. But it doesn't just set those goals, it sets them friggin' high. Within the first hour or two of gameplay, you have an option to fight a Berserker that can kill you in a couple hits. Frustrated by this encounter, I explored, trained, and rallied my army (for like 100 hours), until I was able to just BARELY take him down.

This fight is completely optional, too - in fact the options you get in this game, and the moral dilemmas they present, puts Bioware to shame. Do you sell out your comrade to advance the story faster? One of your most capable allies reveals himself to be a spy, do you punish him for deceiving you?

Others may find the difficulty and grinding necessary to do awesome things to be archaic, but combat is fun enough that I never tired of it. It also shipped with a decent share of problems, but a recent patch has fixed all but one of them, so I can now safely recommend this game above any others this year.

Runners up:

Dark Souls 2 (Best designed game)
The addition of permanent death for enemies after 10 kills was goddamn brilliant. Never before have I seen a feature make a game easier and harder simultaneously. However, the experience wasn't "new" enough for me to give GOTY to. Pretty damn close though. I could even change my mind on this later, as my 360 died in the middle of me playing it, before I could find any of the hyper-emotional moments that make Dark Souls my favorite game of all time.

Divinity: Original Sin (best mutliplayer)
I bought the game. I bought the shit out of it. Then I realized just how fucking brilliant the multiplayer option was in the game, and put it down until I could play with a friend. Then none of my close friends got it during the sale so I kinda didn't play much of this, but hot dam what a good 5 minutes I had.

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
WoW has really found a winning formula in this expansion. The addition of Garrisons, the sheer number of rare spawns and the fun items they drop can leave you playing for weeks at a time. It certainly has kept me busy during a very boring part of my life. If only the story wasn't godawful, it might have taken GOTY.

ANTIGOTY:
Watch_Dogs

Most anticipated game of 2015:
Persona 5
Liverwort Tens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015   #2
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4052 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
I didn't make the thread because I am so apathetic towards pretty much every game of 2014 that I couldn't be fucked to even think of dumb categories. But I suppose, for old time's sake, I can make a go of it. Ahem.

BEST GAME I NEVER WANT TO PLAY AGAIN:

I don't hate this game but as I sit here, having played through it over the course of about 90 hours for one playthrough, I realize I can't really tell you anything memorable about the game apart from one scene and the character of Cassandra. It's a boring game. The story starts strongly but never goes anywhere, not even when it delves into the political shit. It wants to be Game of Thrones but its idea of morality is "Well this one person is fucking militant and an asshole, this one person is an asshole but cares about the people, and this person cares about fucking elves and shit and is also an asshole, pick one, fucker." Which I mean, I've not read nor watched it but I'm pretty sure GoT is a bit more in depth with its political shit. The areas you explore would feel right at home in an MMO because they are just as lifeless and full of mats to farm and enemies spread out. I enjoyed the game enough to see it through and there are some really good character moments and a really difficult choice but if I don't ever do another playthrough of it I will be totally fine.

BEST GAME TO SHOW WHY NEXT GEN GAMES NEED LIKE TWO YEARS TO MATTER:

Remember this game? Fuck no you don't. It came out and it got okay reviews and then no one gave a shit. This is the definition of an early next gen game. It's damn pretty but it's soulless. It's empty. There's nothing to do. All the side missions are the same three things over and over, the story is kind of shit, it ends in a fucking shitty cover of a shitty Nirvana song because Nirvana is the only thing people remember about fucking Seattle, the gameplay is acceptable. But damn if it doesn't look real nice. It's the next gen launch game, the game that you look at and go "FUCK YEAH NEXT GEN" and then you play it and go "Oh man fuck next gen until like next year or something god damn."

BEST VALKYRIE PROFILE GAME

Lightning Returns is what happens when you realize only weird people give a shit about Valkyrie Profile and that instead it should be a game set in the universe of the most hated Final Fantasy game since FF8 wasn't just FF7-2. It's a game that is so at odd with its own universe probably because it is a fucking Valkyrie Profile game. Done not really super well. 13-3 is the worst in the 13 series, which is saying something because I fucking will defend 13 as an alright game and will say that 13-2 is a bad game and only dumb people think it is better than 13 because they think so only for bullshit superficial reasons. 13-3 is so fucking out there that it's almost worth playing just for how fucking insane it is, and how fucking idiotic the entire ending scene is. Also it has fucking Facebook and Twitter integration. Fuck that.

BEST REASON WHY UBISOFT SHOULD STOP MAKING BIG BUDGET GAMES

This game right here is the best thing Ubisoft put out all year except for maybe next gen versions of that one Rayman game. This game made me cry. It's kind of like an allegory for the world's feeling about World War 1. Because it starts off all cheery like "Ohhhh here we go, war!" and then as the game continues everything just gets ten shades of fucked and by the end of it everyone, including the player, is like "Oh my god war is fucking hell this is terrible" What keeps this game from being truly great is that some of its puzzles are kind of bad, including the multiple puzzle bosses. But still, it's a really good game that also makes collectibles worthwhile since it gives a history lesson for each one and I like that.

BEST REASON WHY UBISOFT SHOULD STOP DOING WHAT THEY ARE DOING

STOP. STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP . Ubisoft just makes the same type of game and only now are people realizing this, because they had FOUR OF THEM THIS YEAR ALONE. Watch_Dogs has the same shit as AC: Unity has the same shit as AC: Rogue has the same shit as Far Cry 4. Here is how you play an Ubisoft open world game. 'CLIMB THE TOWER, UNLOCK THE MAP, DO MISSIONS WHERE YOU TAIL SOMEONE OR CHASE SOMEONE, CLIMB THE FUCKING TOWER, UNLOCK THE FUCKING MAP, DO THE SAME FUCKING MISSIONS'.

Ubisoft is the new Activision, just pumping out the same fucking shit and ruining everything for everyone.

MOST INDIE GAME THAT PEOPLE LOVE BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE EASILY AMUSED MONKEYS

Oh boy another indie platformer styled in the Mega Man 2 fashion fucking who cares fuck you all for liking it so fucking much you assholes.

BEST GAME I DIDN'T LIKE AND IS ON THIS LIST BECAUSE FUCK YVL FOR LIKING IT

Fuck this game it's like Dark Souls but not good and like Demon's Souls but NOT GOOD. Just fucking get Bloodbourne you assholes it's by the guy who made fucking Demon's and Dark Souls, you know THE GOOD ONES. Dark Souls 2 is like the dev team watched people play Demon's and Dark and decided to put that shit in a pot and not understand why people liked those games. The world is poorly laid out, the lore is worse and dumb and stupid, too many bosses are just dudes in armor or just fucking rehashes of fights from the first two games because who gives a shit you fuckers liked that shit once right? Fuck you! Fuck people who like this game, it's not just "More Dark Souls" it is "Dark Souls, But Shit."

BEST GAME MADE BY OBSIDIAN THAT WASN'T RIDDLED WITH PROBLEMS AT LAUNCH

This game should not have been as fantastic as it was. It's a licensed game based on a series with a history of shit games made by a company who makes GREAT GAMES that are plagued with SHIT BUGS. And yet it is literally one of the best games of 2014. It's funny, it's easy to play, it looks better than classic South Park episodes, and it's just a fucking great game.

BEST GAME THAT PEOPLE ELEVATED TOO HIGHLY BASED ON ONE CORE GAMEPLAY MECHANIC

The Nemesis system is done well but that is LITERALLY the only reason this game got all this praise. It's a boring world to explore, with boring side quests that don't even offer a fucking restart like a good game would if you fail, the combat is just Batman combat, and you still CLIMB. FUCKING. TOWERS. TO. FUCKING. UNLOCK. THE. FUCKING. MAP. If the Nemesis system wasn't in place there would literally be nothing of note about this game. The fact that this one thing is enough to make this otherwise bland game stand out is proof enough that 2014 was a shit year in the games world.

THE FUCK YOU AWARD FOR GAME THAT SUCKED THE MOST

THIS COULD'VE BEEN THE BEST GAME EVER. BUT YOU FUCKED IT ALL UP, BUNGIE. YOU FUCKED IT ALL UP.

GAME THAT TIME FORGOT

I played this game and I had to literally check to make sure it came out in 2014 and not 2013 or something. I would've given this to Elder Scrolls Online but fucking no one had any hopes for that shitbox. WildStar had such potential but holy shit did it ever crash and burn.

BEST GAME THAT MAKES ME WANT TO WATCH BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S

This is actually probably actually my GOTY but I am forced to give it to something else. But the first game had Fly Me To The Moon and this one has Moon River. Moon River was from Breakfast at Tiffany's. Now you fucking know. Hey, guess what, BAYONETTA 2 IS FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

BEST GAME THAT SHOWS THAT VIDEO GAME JOURNALISTS ARE FUCKHEADS

WHAT THE FUCK. YOU FUCKS ALL SHIT ON DYNASTY WARRIORS BUT BECAUSE THIS ONE HAS A ZELDA COAT OF PAINT IT'S FINE? FUCK YOU. WHERE WERE YOU FUCKERS WHEN ONE PIECE PIRATE WARRIORS 2 CAME OUT? BECAUSE BOTH THAT GAME AND THIS GAME ARE THE SAME GAME. ONE PIECE PW2 IS A FANSERVICE GAME WITH A NON CANON STORY WITH FUCKING SO MUCH ONE PIECE FAN SERVICE. HYRULE WARRIORS IS A FANSERVICE GAME WITH A NON CANON STORY WITH SO MUCH ZELDA FAN SERVICE. YOU LITERALLY CANNOT LIKE HYRULE WARRIORS AND THEN PROCEED TO SHIT ON THE OTHER WARRIORS GAMES THAT ARE EXACTLY THIS.

EAT ALL THE DICKS, REVIEWERS WHO LIKED THIS BUT HATE DW. ALL OF THE FUCKING DICKS.

GAME OF THE YEAR

This game looks like a high end PS2 game, the framerate chugs whenever five things are on the screen at one time, the gameplay has less depth than a Dynasty Warriors game, the level design makes FF13's seem open ended, and the whole end game is based around a grind that is mandatory for completion. And I fucking wouldn't have it any other way. Drakengard was not a good game, but it was a magical thing. Drakengard 3 is kind of similar, though it never reaches the levels of depravity and fucking out there nonsense that Drakengard 1 reaches, nor does it reach the fantastic heights in storytelling and emotion that Nier reaches. Instead it's kind of a happy medium between both. It gets dark, but never "Wow holy shit EVERYONE IN THIS GAME IS REPREHENSIBLE" and it does get emotional but never "Oh my God this game is beautifully done." The strength is in the character of Zero and Mikhail. Zero is really a character that people crying for female protagonists should look to (but they wont because they want female characters in GOOD games) because she is pretty much the perfect pro-female character. She's strong, confident, motivated, sex positive, and literally cuts through the patriarchy. Drakengard 3 is kind of the most feminist game out there, it's literally in a world where women rule and the men worship the literal ground the women walk on and the women use men for sex and shit.

But that's another topic.

What makes this game work is the interplay between Zero and Mikhail as Zero's initial hatred to the childish dragon develops and grows into something deeper over the course of the game finally climaxing in the finale. It's a very subtle and well done bit of character growth that feels natural. Drakengard 3 is a motherfucker of a game and is an incredibly difficult game both to like and to suggest, because it is not what anyone would call a great game. But I loved it. I loved it for how poorly made it was, because that's Drakengard. I think Nier gave people expectations for this game that were not met, but it's not Nier 2, it's Drakengard 3, and it lives up to the family name. Incredibly difficult but fun final boss included. I never want Yoko Taro to stop making games because his mind is one we need in the gaming world. He is not interested in making great games, per se, he's interested in making games to answer questions about games in general. Nier was a dissection on video game quest design as a whole, Drakengard was a game about how fucked up JRPGs are, and Drakengard 3 is his answer to violence in video games. Drakengard 3's narrative and gameplay mesh together. The game just tells you to kill people and never really gives you a reason why, just "Hey, these people need to die, these people are in your way". There's a meter that fills up based on how bathed in blood you get. It's all very senseless and pointless, but so are video games. And at least Drakengard 3 gives you a reason eventually to justify your violence and massacre.

Drakengard 3 is the only game I actively got every single trophy for. I fucking love this game and I also think it's one of the worst games I've ever played. It's my favorite game of 2014.

One of the boss themes is dubstep. You fight a fucking dubstep crab. Drakengard 3 is the best game of 2014.

No seriously, fucking dubstep crab. It also has the best final boss music of 2014. Because it is a game with a musical theme to the narrative and it culminates in a theme song using those themes and it fucking rules.

MOST ANTICIPATED GAME OF 2015

I'll eat my fucking hat if Persona 5 even comes out in North America in 2015, Yvl.

I dunno. Bloodborne I guess? Type Zero HD? Fucking I don't know.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015   #3
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Liverwort Tens
Our Sweet Prince

(4891 days)
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Liverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Liverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Liverwort Tens Send a message via MSN to Liverwort Tens Send a message via Yahoo to Liverwort Tens
Lots of online drama for me today. I needed those laughs, Droog, so thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapplecrack View Post
Fuck this game it's like Dark Souls but not good and like Demon's Souls but NOT GOOD. Just fucking get Bloodbourne you assholes it's by the guy who made fucking Demon's and Dark Souls, you know THE GOOD ONES. Dark Souls 2 is like the dev team watched people play Demon's and Dark and decided to put that shit in a pot and not understand why people liked those games. The world is poorly laid out, the lore is worse and dumb and stupid, too many bosses are just dudes in armor or just fucking rehashes of fights from the first two games because who gives a shit you fuckers liked that shit once right? Fuck you! Fuck people who like this game, it's not just "More Dark Souls" it is "Dark Souls, But Shit."
Could be shit. Again, didn't finish, dead 360. I've got it on PC though (it was bought as a gift) so I'll see if it's as bad as you say. I'm just impressed that they made dying even more punishing. And of course I'm hyped as shit about Bloodborne, but I dont have the necessary console for it.

And yeah, ew, I forgot 2015 was the JAPANESE release date for P5. It's Bloodborne for me too, in that case, if P5 doesnt somehow get a global launch.
Old 01-23-2015   #4
Hikari Tsukishiro
Magical Lyrical

(5061 days)
Threads: 21
Style: Blue Hatch
Time spent on board:
3 day 5 hour 38 min

Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!
Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!
What? I thought with one of the rings protects your humanity and souls with a small price of 3000 souls if it breaks?
Death felt less punishing
Old 01-23-2015   #5
Raist Classic
Black Rose

(5012 days)
Threads: 69
Style: Evening Sky
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
I heard very poor things of Viking Conquest at launch so I never picked it up. Not sure if I will anytime soon, currently I'm using the Japan mod for M&B which doesn't need it and has a fucking huge map so it'll keep me busy for a while.

I played a bit of Divinity: Original Sin, but the text was all but unreadable on my TV so I stopped once I got tired of squinting. Tried a couple mods which it made a little better, got a little farther, stopped once I got tired of still squinting. It seems like such an amazing game, would be real swell if I could actually play it at some point.

Amazingly I've actually played a couple games in 2014 that are 2014 games, in contrast to my usual plan of waiting at least three years for the 92% off Steam sales. Of these, Endless Legend is probably my favorite. The factions are really interesting with unique traits that totally change how the game is played without throwing it too much out of balance (usually). Not usually a huge fan of Civ-like 4Xs, but I got a lot of games out of this one (and was introduced to the studio's other stellar games through it).

For most value I've gotten out of a game, would have to be the Way of Life DLC in Crusader Kings 2. Basically just a mini-mod that lets you choose a "focus" for your character (war, theology, seduction, hunting, or PARTY PARTY PARTY ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT for example), but it adds so many more options for emergent stories.

Best 2004 release in 2014: Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. I can't pimp this game enough. I think the only characters I've enjoyed more in a game were in Baldur's Gate 2.
Old 01-24-2015   #6
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Liverwort Tens
Our Sweet Prince

(4891 days)
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Raisto returns! View Post
I heard very poor things of Viking Conquest at launch so I never picked it up. Not sure if I will anytime soon, currently I'm using the Japan mod for M&B which doesn't need it and has a fucking huge map so it'll keep me busy for a while.
I tried Gekokujo after my game glitched in VC. I couldn't go back to the no-direction, no-story kind of mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari Tsukishiro View Post
What? I thought with one of the rings protects your humanity and souls with a small price of 3000 souls if it breaks?
Death felt less punishing
Didn't get that far, but those 3000 souls are lost forever, since there are a finite number of souls in the game.
Old 01-24-2015   #7
Hikari Tsukishiro
Magical Lyrical

(5061 days)
Threads: 21
Style: Blue Hatch
Time spent on board:
3 day 5 hour 38 min

Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!
Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!
Hahaha
If you play far enough 3000 souls is nothing and you can keep repairing the ring
You get that in a minute or less and "finite souls" You can burn a bonfire effigy to reenable enemies after the ten kill point(sure they are stronger but you also get more souls per kill)
It's a lot better than losing half a million souls
That's why it's game breaking
Also with all the people bitching about soul memory PVP matching in the latest update they are putting a ring that blocks soul memory gain

Last edited by Hikari Tsukishiro; 01-24-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Hikari Tsukishiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015   #8
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(4900 days)
Threads: 1532
Style: Smoke
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
I'm not sure what my GOTY should be.

I am currently played Dragon Age Inquisition which I like, but it gets old. I just finished like 25 hours of side missions before doing a main mission (Here lies in the Abyss) or whatever it was called with Hawke, and Stroud.

Cassandra is the best part of the game, and the character that I romanced. I chose to do so as I enjoyed her story in the Dragon Age movie about her life as a seeker. I am 65 hours in, and the story is not really there too much, and no sign of Morrigan, or Flemeth, or anything interesting like I was hoping for.

I guess I will have to hope DA4 is much better than this game.
Old 02-27-2015   #9
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4052 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
You've fallen into the trap. You're focusing on side missions because that's the brunt of the game. Morrigan shows up and gets involved once the plot starts heading towards the end. Dragon Age Inquisition is not a very good story based game because the story that is there is not good and gets lost in all the exploring and side questing they expect you to do.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015   #10
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(4900 days)
Threads: 1532
Style: Smoke
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Send a message via MSN to Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapplecrack View Post
You've fallen into the trap. You're focusing on side missions because that's the brunt of the game. Morrigan shows up and gets involved once the plot starts heading towards the end. Dragon Age Inquisition is not a very good story based game because the story that is there is not good and gets lost in all the exploring and side questing they expect you to do.
This is true. I finished the game, and supported Cassandra as next Divine as I couldn't choose Leiliana from choices I made like conscripting the mages, as Cassandra disapproves if you don't, and I wanted to bang her. Viviene became Divine tho. I bought the dlc, will need to load old data up as can't use Vivi as became Divine, and she is a character I use as a Knight Enchanter she is a tank like Cassandra is.