Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Other > Suggestions

Notices

Suggestions Post any suggestions for fourms, options, etc you have here. All suggestions will be reviewed, so if you think of something you'd like to see, by all means post it!

Old 07-05-2011   #1
Kura
Executive Duelist

(3413 days)
Threads: 4
Style: Blue Hatch
Time spent on board:
5 h 31 min 3 sec

Kura is a star, a bright shining star!Kura is a star, a bright shining star!
Kura is a star, a bright shining star!Kura is a star, a bright shining star!Kura is a star, a bright shining star!Kura is a star, a bright shining star!Kura is a star, a bright shining star!Kura is a star, a bright shining star!Kura is a star, a bright shining star!Kura is a star, a bright shining star!
Maybe..

@_@ So.. I hear that this place is losing a lot of activity.. and although I am a new member (even though I joined a while ago) I just wanted to offer a suggestion and tell you about my first impression here.

It feels empty.. because there are so many places I could post.. but I wouldn't know where to begin. @_@ But.. because there are so many sections.. I feel like replies and everything are spread out.. To me there feels like there's no one common active area. Or.. if there is, I don't know where it'd be because there's so much else going on..
It just feels outdated because you can clearly see lack of activity. I'm not saying to purge everything (heck no).. but perhaps move some sections to an archive section (with folders so people can easily search for older threads)
Then you can focus the forum on the really active stuff.
(Example.. maybe merge the leaving section with the welcome section.. etc.)

These are just my personal thoughts. I'd like to see this place thrive and just felt like giving some input.

@_@ I mean like.. even when I go into coffee house it's just.. filled.. and I wouldn't even know where to start looking.. Couple that with the fact that I feel like if I posted no one would reply because everything is so old.. then.. yeah there's a problem..
@_@ And some are just so obvious.. computer and computer help can go together.(No one has posted in either for a month anyways) I could understand the need to organize if this place was huge.. but damn... no one's posted in some sections for a year..

Do we really need 23 subsections just for games when only 17 members, including me, have visited in the last 24 hours? .. Just trying to make sense of this..

Old members might know where to navigate to to find all the activity.. but I can't even find just a general daily chit chat area.. :C

Last edited by Kura; 07-05-2011 at 05:49 AM.
Kura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011   #2
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5458 days)
Threads: 1785
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 2 week 5 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
The huge number of forums is something I've gradually been working to cut down on. I was actually going to start seriously considering reworking the Games section to have a LOT less forums. I've slimmed down the Coffee House already, although more is probably usually good.

As for people replying, I would assume most any member who's active (and many who aren't) use the New Posts link on the navbar (under the banner at the top) to automatically have a list of new posts.
Old 07-05-2011   #3
Pinkie Pie
Rum Raisin~

(5413 days)
Threads: 259
Style: Girl Power
Time spent on board:
2 month 2 week 2 day

Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinkie Pie
I'd be lost without that New Post dealiething myself.

Then again, I get lost easily.
Old 07-05-2011   #4
Spud Webb
Ciroc Obama

(3998 days)
Threads: 23
Style: Girl Power
Mood: Is handsome a mood
Time spent on board:
6 day 12 hour 39 min

Spud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimen
Spud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimen
Send a message via AIM to Spud Webb
i just get drunk and randomly mash my keyboard in order to navigate this forum

"Evermore Hottest Maln"

I put the mac in aroni
Spud Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011   #5
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5458 days)
Time spent on board:

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie View Post
I'd be lost without that New Post dealiething myself.

Then again, I get lost easily.
We'd all be lost without the New Post dealiething, which is why reason I haven't really dealt with the number of forums we have.

I'm thinking of seriously cutting down on the number of gaming-based forums, for starters. We don't need so damn many system-based boards, as just four would do: Consoles, Handhelds, PC, and Old-School.
Old 07-05-2011   #6
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4169 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Why does old school get its own section. How often do we ever talk about old games outside of the Shoutbox.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011   #7
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5458 days)
Time spent on board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
Why does old school get its own section. How often do we ever talk about old games outside of the Shoutbox.
I just wanted to piss you off before I kill you.
Old 07-05-2011   #8
Kura
Executive Duelist

(3413 days)
Time spent on board:
5 h 31 min 3 sec

Kura is a star, a bright shining star!Kura is a star, a bright shining star!Kura is a star, a bright shining star!Kura is a star, a bright shining star!Kura is a star, a bright shining star!Kura is a star, a bright shining star!Kura is a star, a bright shining star!Kura is a star, a bright shining star!
Hoe about I recommend something like:

Gaming Sector:
-General Gaming Chat
-Gaming reviews, info, and help

Main Sector:
-Announcements
-Meeting Hall
-Suggestions (with the sub-form to ask the staff under suggestions)

Coffee House:
-General Chat (anything else that doesn't fit in the other sections) and then maybe the "Anything goes" as a sub section under general chat)
-Art, Writing and Music (The creative section)
-Other Entertainment (cards, tv shows, movies, manga)
-Computers and Electronics

Other:
-Legend of the Green Dragon
-Archive/ compost
-(and if you didn't want to put it under general chat, then the spammy section or 18+ section could always go here)

Hopefully this ensures lots of activity on every page you visit..

Just a suggestion.. I hope you don't take offense.. I just really want to help out. :3
Old 07-05-2011   #9
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5458 days)
Time spent on board:

Nah, it's ok if you give suggestions. But I have my own ideas in mind for how to slim things down. Also, I'd rather gradually slim down than massively reduce it all at once.
Old 07-05-2011   #10
Kura
Executive Duelist

(3413 days)
Time spent on board:
5 h 31 min 3 sec

Of course! That's fair enough! I mean.. you've obviously been here much longer and I'm not entirely sure but I'm guessing you're the guy who runs the place haha.. so I understand that you are more familiar with what is active and what you'd like to keep..
I just wanted to share my thoughts :3