Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Other > Suggestions

Notices

Suggestions Post any suggestions for fourms, options, etc you have here. All suggestions will be reviewed, so if you think of something you'd like to see, by all means post it!

Old 06-05-2008   #21
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5335 days)
Threads: 1785
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 2 week 4 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicant View Post
I... erm... do, but I'm not really too close with my cousins...
Excuses. Stop being lazy and do it. I thought you cared about the site.
Old 06-05-2008   #22
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Liverwort Tens
Our Sweet Prince

(4885 days)
Threads: 1765
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Liverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Liverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Liverwort Tens Send a message via MSN to Liverwort Tens Send a message via Yahoo to Liverwort Tens
It's one thing to spend a whole day trying to defeat the evil masterminds that coded a hack (which honestly sounds fun to me, but then I'm doped up on painkillers and bored out of my mind), it's another thing to awkwardly call your busy-and-successful-as-fuck cousins to help with a small site they've never heard of. "Should I work on developing virtual reality for the government for a huge sum of money, or help my cousin with some shitty forum? Hmm..."

I was kidding about the inviting rich people part, btw - I meant that none of us here are at a time in our lives that we're swimming in munnies. I will donate so that I'm not all talk though if I come into a large sum of money sometime soon (which I should.)
Liverwort Tens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #23
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5335 days)
Threads: 1785
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 2 week 4 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicant View Post
It's one thing to spend a whole day trying to defeat the evil masterminds that coded a hack (which honestly sounds fun to me, but then I'm doped up on painkillers and bored out of my mind), it's another thing to awkwardly call your busy-and-successful-as-fuck cousins to help with a small site they've never heard of. "Should I work on developing virtual reality for the government for a huge sum of money, or help my cousin with some shitty forum? Hmm..."

I was kidding about the inviting rich people part, btw - I meant that none of us here are at a time in our lives that we're swimming in munnies. I will donate so that I'm not all talk though if I come into a large sum of money sometime soon (which I should.)
I understand all that, Yvl, I just didn't take too kindly to your attitude towards me. "Oh, help out and care about your site, Lades. Stop being lay and DO stuff."
Old 06-05-2008   #24
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Liverwort Tens
Our Sweet Prince

(4885 days)
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Liverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Liverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Liverwort Tens Send a message via MSN to Liverwort Tens Send a message via Yahoo to Liverwort Tens
Yeah, I understand I was being unfair about that, as I didnt actually know how buggy the hacks are usually, so sorry about that. I still want to see just how bad it is though.
Old 06-05-2008   #25
The Deity
Combat Extraordinaire

(5070 days)
Threads: 538
Style: Darkfire
Mood: Pissed
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 5 day

The Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to all
The Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to The Deity
I can tell your intentions are in the right place on this issue Yvl, but you've been downright disrespectful this entire thread. Why exactly would you think Lades is to lazy to be invested in this site? He is the only one to have any real sum of money invested in this site, and I imagine his 5 month 3 week 6 day time logged on the site tops anyone else.

As for my opinion about the start of the thread, "dood we need a homepage." I'll try to help out with a mock design of it, but I would never be able to pull off the html to get it actually up. I think the rest of the suggestions are basically erroneous. I don't think they attract any member we'd actually want to be here for a long time.

To Live a Thousand Years
The Deity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #26
Setzophone
Are ya alright?

(5141 days)
Threads: 290
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Tired
Time spent on board:
2 month 1 week 5 day

Setzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Setzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Setzophone Send a message via MSN to Setzophone Send a message via Skype™ to Setzophone
Eh, I could probably give it a try with the HTML for the front page.
Old 06-05-2008   #27
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Liverwort Tens
Our Sweet Prince

(4885 days)
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

I'm tossing some ideas around for what to put on the homepage. How about a very specific welcome to the newest member, along with, of course, the 3 or 5 most recent announcements?
Old 06-06-2008   #28
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(4894 days)
Threads: 1532
Style: Smoke
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deity View Post
As for my opinion about the start of the thread, "dood we need a homepage." I'll try to help out with a mock design of it, but I would never be able to pull off the html to get it actually up. I think the rest of the suggestions are basically erroneous. I don't think they attract any member we'd actually want to be here for a long time.

I remember we had one when I joined back in the day.

Let us all throw up ideas that could be on the homepage. That way we all are involved and we can fix that problem at least.

What should we have one the homepage?

Links to important sticky topics or humor threads?

Cheat codes for games that we know in a link?

Certain journal entries from various members?

The leaders or the site of course?

What kind of images should we place on it?

Etc...

The homepage I would assume would be the easiest of the things to do we just have to decide what we want on it and then find out how to get it there and all of that mumbo jumbo.

I didn't think we would have such a fuss in here. I was never implying that Lades or anyone else was lazy and was a bit surprised that it was even brought up. I was mainly trying to gather up as many possible ideas for the site no matter how hard to do or ridiculous that they may sound.
Old 06-06-2008   #29
Goldiroxxor
Mon Collie Knight

(5157 days)
Threads: 1415
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 5 day

Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima View Post
Links to important sticky topics or humor threads?
Thats what used to be on the main page and basically the top newest posts, some statistics, who's online, and a few other things from what I remember. Like the main page had the top most recent announcements on the middle of the page going down and two bars on either side with stuff on them. Could always try for that again I suppose, no?

Quote:
Cheat codes for games that we know in a link?
Really...I would think the point of gaming, and a clean community like this would be trying to beat it fairly. And every member here plays their games fairly. I don't think we'd want EF to be associated with cheating and having people think we cheat to play games. Just doesn't sound good imho.

Quote:
Certain journal entries from various members?
Does anyone really even use those anymore? >.>

Quote:
I didn't think we would have such a fuss in here.
Bringing up this topic over and over again will get onto some peoples nerves, and it obviously did here. Cause we recently had multiple threads about, how to improve EF, what can be done to make it more active.
Goldiroxxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #30
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(4894 days)
Threads: 1532
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Send a message via MSN to Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainazzo
Rep is completely worthless really. No one would actually care to be honest about that anymore. :X
Yes perhaps it is but I don't think that we could promise free posts or threads that would throw off the stats too much and any incentive could help things along or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainazzo View Post
Really...I would think the point of gaming, and a clean community like this would be trying to beat it fairly. And every member here plays their games fairly. I don't think we'd want EF to be associated with cheating and having people think we cheat to play games. Just doesn't sound good imho.
Well then maybe some clean strategies to defeating certain bosses from games. Not cheat codes but hints, and strategies. Just info about games that just recently came out or that are super popular and if a member asks about a game we can help them in their thread and then add that strategy or whatever to our link to keep it growing and growing.