Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Other > Suggestions

Notices

Suggestions Post any suggestions for fourms, options, etc you have here. All suggestions will be reviewed, so if you think of something you'd like to see, by all means post it!

Old 02-02-2007   #11
Miles
Ewigkämpfer

(5309 days)
Threads: 578
Style: Event Horizon
Time spent on board:
5 month 2 week 1 day

Miles is on the border of good and evil
I don't really get why a long list would scare people?

I thought it looked fun when I joined o.o; So much to look at, so many places to post it...But then...I can talk for England...So maybe what I think doesn't count...
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007   #12
Dark Luther
Jackal...

(5155 days)
Threads: 464
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Casually shell shocked.....
Time spent on board:
2 week 5 day 9 hour

Dark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Dark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Dark Luther
I don't like the idea of getting rid of General - it really makes it seem more complicated actually - since I always used it to look at everything of consequence.

I think everything else seem good - but this General thing is really annoying me..., don't know about anyone else - but it just made two really long lists for me, and I'll have to check them both to see everything -
and that kinda goes against what you guys were going for I think...

I won't die I won't go away I'll always be here
no good asking me I won't speak

no words sitting alone night in my hut eyes closed hands open
wisps of an unknown face

hear the cruel no-answer until blood drips down
beat your head against the wall of it

we're lost where the mind can't find us
utterly lost

- Ikkyū
Dark Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007   #13
Raist Classic
Black Rose

(5131 days)
Threads: 69
Style: Evening Sky
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
I liked General too.

And the DT need less subforums, not more. But I already mentioned that.
Raist Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007   #14
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5460 days)
Threads: 1785
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 2 week 5 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Yes...after deleting "General" last night, I do remember why I had it in the first place >.>

I'm gonna put it back for now, at least until I can figure out how to work things so I can avoid the problem of Coffee House/Anything Goes subforums being displayed (Mr. Doppelganger, this is a call to work, boy!)

And yes, throwing crap into DT is not a good idea, and is not what is going to happen. DT is for serious discussion (which almost is reason to take Politics/Religion back out, which I'm thinking about), which is definitely not the (at least only) purpose of nearly every other Coffee House forum.

Here are some suggestions for improving Coffee House, even if General is reinstated:

-Cartoon > Comics merged; becomes Cartoons & Comics (like Anime & Manga)

-DEFINITELY nix Naturo in the Anime forum. wtf o.o (EDIT: Already did)

-Get more activity in Anime Reviews if it's to stay. Considering so many anime fans in here, there's no excuse.

-Merge Art and GFX.

-Move Politics and Religion back out of DT.

-Merge all CW subforums into just CW.

-Delete Author Lounge. We don't have enough authors, or activity in there to justify it.

-We can work on Music/Entertainment and News later. Anyone has any ideas, go ahead and share them.

-HTML Testing merged into Testing. We really don't need a seperate forum.

-Who Would Win into Rec Room. It's been discussed before, and shall be discussed again o.o

Last edited by Lancet Jades; 02-02-2007 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Lancet Jades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007   #15
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(4696 days)
Threads: 315
Mood: Butter Chicken
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to Snips Send a message via MSN to Snips
What I think we need is more of a restructuring rather than a merging. I mean, think about it. I'll use games as an example. As long as 2 people have played a game and discuss things, a forum has a purpose. The general gaming forums tend to turn me off on posting as "Hmm, wow, all these games, why should my thread be noticed?" or at least they do on other sites, I'm overcoming that on EF, but I still prefer seperate forums.

How many subforums are you allowed, anyways? I tried to make a massive site once but the provider only allowed me one subforum, so meh. I'd be happy to help map out a new layout if it helps....
Old 02-02-2007   #16
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5460 days)
Threads: 1785
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 2 week 5 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walnut
What I think we need is more of a restructuring rather than a merging. I mean, think about it. I'll use games as an example. As long as 2 people have played a game and discuss things, a forum has a purpose. The general gaming forums tend to turn me off on posting as "Hmm, wow, all these games, why should my thread be noticed?" or at least they do on other sites, I'm overcoming that on EF, but I still prefer seperate forums.

How many subforums are you allowed, anyways? I tried to make a massive site once but the provider only allowed me one subforum, so meh. I'd be happy to help map out a new layout if it helps....
Well, since I own and host vB myself, I can make literally infinite subforums.

The problem is, if a subforum only has a minimum of activity (or even a normal forum) why should it exist?

Exceptions are obviously 'functional' forums, like LotGD (even when it was active), but for the most part, such things really aren't necessary.
Old 02-02-2007   #17
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5010 days)
Threads: 1765
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Quote:
EF's not that big that your posts will go unnoticed. Hell, most of us just use "New Posts" and don't look at the forum altogether, unless its Spammyland or something.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007   #18
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(5019 days)
Threads: 1532
Style: Smoke
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvl
EF's not that big that your posts will go unnoticed. Hell, most of us just use "New Posts" and don't look at the forum altogether, unless its Spammyland or something.
That is what I do. I might look in General Gaming, Spammyland, and anything goes separate but that's it usually. LOTGD i've never even entered before so it could go in my eyes of course same is with radio. I really need to check it out sometime tho.
Old 02-03-2007   #19
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5010 days)
Threads: 1765
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
I dont know that ANYONE even uses those features anymore, to be honest.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #20
Dark Luther
Jackal...

(5155 days)
Threads: 464
Mood: Casually shell shocked.....
Time spent on board:
2 week 5 day 9 hour

Dark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Dark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Dark Luther
You really should speak for yourself - I can name you a couple...
The truth is you guys are basing your decisions on what you normally do to navigate EF - without considering others find certain things helpful cause they use it commonly...

I think it's good to merger and restructure some of those things - but General and such were too important...

I'm sure Lades and the rest of EF will work it out...

I won't die I won't go away I'll always be here
no good asking me I won't speak

no words sitting alone night in my hut eyes closed hands open
wisps of an unknown face

hear the cruel no-answer until blood drips down
beat your head against the wall of it

we're lost where the mind can't find us
utterly lost

- Ikkyū
Dark Luther is offline   Reply With Quote