Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Other > Suggestions

Notices

Suggestions Post any suggestions for fourms, options, etc you have here. All suggestions will be reviewed, so if you think of something you'd like to see, by all means post it!

Old 02-02-2007   #1
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(4900 days)
Threads: 1532
Style: Smoke
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
Shortened forum list..?

I think that what scares a lot of people that join into never posting is the long and confusing forum list. I mean we could shorten it quite a bit. I mean many are not used like "battleground" Talks about battles could easily be put in the Discussion Table and also all the Other poetry, fanfics, etc could all be placed in creative writing. I think that if we shortened the forums list a bit and made it neater that it might get more people that sign up to hang around. What say you?
Old 02-02-2007   #2
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs

(5299 days)
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
A full redesign is whats needed, as forums with subforums makes the forum list look a lot larger than it is.
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007   #3
Sunsha
Ice Queen

(4189 days)
Threads: 2
Style: Ocean Shoals
Mood: Apathetic
Time spent on board:
16 h 41 min 16 sec

Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!
Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!
Send a message via MSN to Sunsha
I just went into the game forums...seriously what a waste...there's not near enough traffic here to require a seperate board for Zelda, GTA, megaman, or even FF...it's pointless.

I think if you made a Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft boards...alone with whatever other game systems and such you want to add would be way better...
Old 02-02-2007   #4
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5341 days)
Threads: 1785
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 2 week 4 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Instead of semi-idle chatter, anyone want to help start planning HOW such a reorganization should be?

Is it the basic layout of things, or just too many subforums? They are different concerns, and just because one of the two is needed doesn't mean the other is.

This is something I do admit EF has needed, however it's not a venture I'm just going to throw some half-assed plan at. If we're to "rebuild" EF, we need some solid plan that is logical and simple.

I'm assuming the number of subforums is the main thing though.

First to go: Poor ickle Fly's bitching room
Old 02-02-2007   #5
Dark Luther
Jackal...

(5036 days)
Threads: 464
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Casually shell shocked.....
Time spent on board:
2 week 5 day 9 hour

Dark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Dark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Dark Luther
( Put's knife edge at Kaoru )
What were you saying about getting rid of certain battleground threads..., kid...?

I regularly post several things there -
it may not be a popular forum, but it would certainly clash in the discussion forum...
I think most of the forums are quite well now that we dropped a few...

Besides - there's several other threads that go for weeks without a post, and then all of a sudden have a conversation within it - like food, history, etc etc...
Personally, I'm very late in posting my weekly thread on battlefield...

Also, we don't have that big a list - it's actually quite small -
and if we shortened it - new members would not be able to see a lot of what's going on...
Look, we're a small forum, and kinda a close community -
new members come and go - and a fw stay...
if they stay - it won't be because the short list didn't confuse them...

Well, that's my opinion...,
oh, and also that if you keep talking about eliminating Battlefield - I will force perpetual regret from you...
( throws explosive and dissappears... )

Edit:
Also - it's kinda dumb to just say put it in discussion;
since half the forums could be put in Discussion...

I agree that a couple should be replaced - not just cut...,
and the bitching place is a good one to start...

I won't die I won't go away I'll always be here
no good asking me I won't speak

no words sitting alone night in my hut eyes closed hands open
wisps of an unknown face

hear the cruel no-answer until blood drips down
beat your head against the wall of it

we're lost where the mind can't find us
utterly lost

- Ikkyū

Last edited by Dark Luther; 02-02-2007 at 03:08 AM.
Dark Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007   #6
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(4900 days)
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

OK how about destroying all the sub-forums in the News forum since any news can be put in there. Also destroying all the sub-forums under Literature except for Creative Writing. Kill most of the separate game forums and just keep it like it is with game genres and systems. Could delete genres tho if just post the topic under what system the game is for but I personally like the genres a bit. Maybe destroy comics sub-forum under cartoons. Also maybe computer help under computers.

Main thing is the list is so long. It needs some trimming and more organization a bit. I don't want anything thrown out that is a good forum just a little pruning might be nice.
Old 02-02-2007   #7
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5341 days)
Threads: 1785
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 2 week 4 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
So far, here are suggestions myself and others have compiled (mandatory suggestions denoted with an asterisk[*]):

-Move Forum Games to Anything Goes section*
-Move Evermore Radio to Music/Entertainment forum
-Remove the "General" section, and just have Coffee House and Anything Goes on the main page (general is really superfluous right now)*
-Delete pretty much all game genre subforums, except MAYBE Final Fantasy.
-Secretly kick Lath out of power*

Further subforum management can come later, and may not be AS necessary due to fundamental layout changes.
Old 02-02-2007   #8
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(4900 days)
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet Jades
So far, here are suggestions myself and others have compiled (mandatory suggestions denoted with an asterisk[*]):

-Move Forum Games to Anything Goes section*
-Move Evermore Radio to Music/Entertainment forum
-Remove the "General" section, and just have Coffee House and Anything Goes on the main page (general is really superfluous right now)*
-Delete pretty much all game genre subforums, except MAYBE Final Fantasy.
-Secretly kick Lath out of power*

Further subforum management can come later, and may not be AS necessary due to fundamental layout changes.
Those are all good except for maybe also keeping the Suikoden forum since its so popular here maybe more so than FF. Megaman and such can easily be removed tho. General i've never used, don't even know what its for really. Like I said main problem is it takes so long to scroll through it all. I know where everything is just about so not huge idea for me even tho it takes a while. That and im a hardcore member who will never ever leave lol. Couldn't you kill anything goes too? Isn't it the same as spammyland or do posts count there? Also will there ever be another homepage? A nice homepage might make it look more attractive than what is currently there.

Also give Lath's power to me sounds nice lol ...j/k

I just want to see this place succeed and gain many new members. we always have guests but so few join. i'm a HC EF fan and it wil lgrow to giant proportions if it kills me!
Old 02-02-2007   #9
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs

(5299 days)
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru
Those are all good except for maybe also keeping the Suikoden forum since its so popular here maybe more so than FF.
Suikoden is on again off again active with the rate of thread decay of about a week tops. We don't have the core base to keep it active all round which we do for FF, it just doesn't happen for whatever reason.

LotGD can be scrapped, few of us rarely log in there for great periods and the games far outdated form what it could be to serve a purpose greater than 1 thread.

Clan Zone, only the RPG forum is active, always has been that way, so perhaps an 'Interactive' section could replace it where basically the RPG forum stays but then people could also do tabletop things (i do recall a discussion a while back regarding an 'EF game' which could be re-pitched if necessary)

Last edited by Chicken Little; 02-02-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007   #10
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Liverwort Tens
Our Sweet Prince

(4891 days)
Threads: 1765
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Liverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Liverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Liverwort Tens Send a message via MSN to Liverwort Tens Send a message via Yahoo to Liverwort Tens
MMORPGs needs to be kept intact - there's enough difference between them and regular RPGs t owarrant its own forum.

I actually agree that Suikoden should be kept intact as well, since there is a hell of a lot that can be discussed about it. Not to mention that seeing that subforum there was the first time I had actually heard of it.

Quote:
Also - it's kinda dumb to just say put it in discussion;
since half the forums could be put in Discussion...
Good god no! Discussion is on ZT under Deity's opressive grasp!
Liverwort Tens is offline   Reply With Quote