Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Gaming Sector > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming For the discussion of games from Atari to Zynga.

Old 02-19-2017   #1
Methodicalize
Neuesmitglied

(659 days)
Threads: 4
Style: Blue Hatch
Time spent on board:
1 h 25 min 5 sec

Methodicalize is on the border of good and evil
What games are everyone into now?

I buy a ton of computer games on bundlestars. Find a bundle of games for cheap and plug a 360 controller into my desktop. Just like a console but better processing and graphics.

I could recommend some games if anyone likes computer gaming at all.

Far as consoles, been just PS4 for the past year or so.

Playing Madden, WWE 2k17, GTA Vice City, and Gems of War for the most part. Still have games I need to play in my library, considered buying GTA 5 with it on sale for $30...

Curious to hear what everyone is into. Been seeing Lancet playing Nioh quite a bit... Always interested to hear what others like though.
Methodicalize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017   #2
Hikari Tsukishiro
Magical Lyrical

(5180 days)
Threads: 21
Time spent on board:
3 day 5 hour 39 min

Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!
Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!
the zero escape series. been a fan since ever17
I finished the last game in the series for pc and while it answered some questions, the lackluster ending pissed me off.
Old 02-19-2017   #3
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5010 days)
Threads: 1765
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Typically not into most AAA games these days. The industry is corrupt and broken, with a few exceptions like Blizzard and From Soft. AA/Underhyped games are where I look now - Paradox, Atlus, and some indie devs are my go tos right now, in addition to Overwatch.

Will never buy games from EA, Capcom, Konami, or Rockstar ever again. They're all deplorables that don't deserve anyone's cash. Ubisoft is cancer too, but to a much lesser degree than the others.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017   #4
Raist Classic
Black Rose

(5131 days)
Threads: 69
Style: Evening Sky
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
Surprised Ubisoft isn't at the top of that list; they more than anyone else seem devoted to the idea of "annual release, we can just patch it to be playable later."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari Tsukishiro
the zero escape series. been a fan since ever17
Did not realize these two were related. I'll have to check it out then.

For me, it's basically Paradox. Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4, and Stellaris. Which one I'm playing at any particular point is usually based on which announced future expansion excites me the least, so it's been EU4 for a while.

Aside from that, Shin Megami Tensei 4. Haven't finished it yet, lost a lot of motivation once I ended up somehow too neutral to take the neutral path.
Old 02-23-2017   #5
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4171 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvl View Post

Will never buy games from EA, Capcom, Konami, or Rockstar ever again. They're all deplorables that don't deserve anyone's cash. Ubisoft is cancer too, but to a much lesser degree than the others.

Capcom and Konami I can understand, especially Konami since they don't really do games anymore...

It's the other two I'm lost on.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017   #6
Hikari Tsukishiro
Magical Lyrical

(5180 days)
Threads: 21
Time spent on board:
3 day 5 hour 39 min

Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!
Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raist Classic View Post
Surprised Ubisoft isn't at the top of that list; they more than anyone else seem devoted to the idea of "annual release, we can just patch it to be playable later."

Did not realize these two were related. I'll have to check it out then.

For me, it's basically Paradox. Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4, and Stellaris. Which one I'm playing at any particular point is usually based on which announced future expansion excites me the least, so it's been EU4 for a while.

Aside from that, Shin Megami Tensei 4. Haven't finished it yet, lost a lot of motivation once I ended up somehow too neutral to take the neutral path.
It's just the writer for zero escape, Kotaro Uchikoshi also wrote ever17 and remember11.

I loved remember11 alot more than ever17 for most of the game because of better pacing, except for that CRAP ending in remember11. But the plot twist in ever17 was super great and why a lot of people still look at ever17 fondly.
Old 02-25-2017   #7
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4171 days)
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Also at this point I'm just playing Overwatch until Nier: Automata comes out. But before that I have Horizon: Zero Dawn ordered on my PS4 so the two of those will surely hold me until the wombo combo of Mass Effect and Persona 5 and after that I'm pretty sure games are over because this first three months alone has been fucking great in terms of releases and doubly so for the PS4.

Also there's still Overwatch which is the all-game.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Old 02-27-2017   #8
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5010 days)
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Chipotle View Post
Capcom and Konami I can understand, especially Konami since they don't really do games anymore...

It's the other two I'm lost on.
How you don't get EA is beyond me. They buy out good developers like Origin (Ultima series), Bioware, Maxis, Westwood, etc, and humiliate and kill them. They are the stereotypical evil villain of the gaming industry; the rest of those companies may as well be distractions compared to their villainy.

Rockstar just makes shitty games in a really douchey fashion. They're everything wrong with the work culture of the industry. We're talking 18 hour work days, and anyone who's like "But I have a family" is fired on the spot. They know everyone wants to work for them because they put out the most bland mediocre garbage that's marketed towards the largest population possible, so they treat their workers like trash.

Ubisoft doesn't bother me as much because I can just ignore them. People know they suck, so it's not like R* where people circlejerk to their games all the goddamn time despite them being trash. And they don't destroy everything good in the world like EA, Konami, and Capcom. I'm not buying their shit, but nobody else is either anymore, so nbd. I do take serious issue with their attitude towards the PC, though.
Old 02-27-2017   #9
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4171 days)
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvl View Post
How you don't get EA is beyond me. They buy out good developers like Origin (Ultima series), Bioware, Maxis, Westwood, etc, and humiliate and kill them. They are the stereotypical evil villain of the gaming industry; the rest of those companies may as well be distractions compared to their villainy.
Because this isn't 2010 anymore and EA is harmless at this point. BioWare's faults can't be placed at the feet of EA considering that one of their best games was made under the EA banner and BioWare's current attitude and style is less a result of corporate overlords and more a result of BioWare's staff being full of people who think inclusion deserves attention just because it's inclusion. EA is not at all the mustache twirling entity the internet liked to meme about back in the day; there are far worse companies now. EA is the person going through A.A. and they're on the step where they're apologizing for punching you in the face because it wasn't them, it was the alcohol.

Quote:
Rockstar just makes shitty games in a really douchey fashion. They're everything wrong with the work culture of the industry. We're talking 18 hour work days, and anyone who's like "But I have a family" is fired on the spot. They know everyone wants to work for them because they put out the most bland mediocre garbage that's marketed towards the largest population possible, so they treat their workers like trash.
The last I heard about Rockstar's working structure was back in the L.A. Noire days with Team Bondi which was its own shitshow of a dev cycle. Thoughts on their games aside (and boy do I not agree with you there, even with my thoughts on GTA 5) Rockstar is such a non-presence in the game world. They put out like one game every three years and in the years leading up to their next big release a dozen in the same style come out anyway. Rockstar's problem is equally the fault of the consumers. GTA 5 was painfully mediocre in damn near every way but GTA has such a loyal fanbase that they can put out a game with antiquated mechanics and a really weak, unfunny story and gain praise anyway.

Their last great game was Red Dead Redemption and even then it's less because of the moment to moment gameplay and more the narrative and how it was told. But I don't blame Rockstar alone for the failings of Grand Theft Auto 5.

Quote:
Ubisoft doesn't bother me as much because I can just ignore them. People know they suck, so it's not like R* where people circlejerk to their games all the goddamn time despite them being trash. And they don't destroy everything good in the world like EA, Konami, and Capcom. I'm not buying their shit, but nobody else is either anymore, so nbd. I do take serious issue with their attitude towards the PC, though.

Ubisoft is weird because it's a company that a lot of the internet always has bad shit to say about and yet those same people still buy games like For Honor which has literal actual pay to win mechanics and a fucking P2P server system for their multiplayer focused game. You want to talk mediocre games made for mass appeal, Ubisoft is where you go. I liked Watch Dogs 2 but it's like a 3/5 game. For all the voices crying foul at Ubisoft over shit like Uplay and generic games with no substance they sure do sell well enough.

Old 03-01-2017   #10
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5010 days)
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

I mean, EA killing Maxis after parading them naked through town is only a couple years old at this point. If they're trying to make amends, that's not how you do it. Though I guess we don't know which side was at fault for putting out the garbage Maxis was putting out.

That said, them killing off Origin for the completely petty reasons they did is a lifelong, unforgivable offense.