Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Gaming Sector > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming For the discussion of games from Atari to Zynga.

Old 01-07-2016   #11
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Liverwort Tens
Our Sweet Prince

(4891 days)
Threads: 1765
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Liverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Liverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Liverwort Tens Send a message via MSN to Liverwort Tens Send a message via Yahoo to Liverwort Tens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenge of Don Chipotle View Post
the other one people like (Vesperia) being liked solely because the main character is 'so awesome' because he, like, is so laid back and, gasp, kills someone in a cutscene.
More like "murders." The guy is begging for his life and shit and Yuri's just staring at him without a trace of emotion as he dies.

The appeal of Tales games to me are the multiplayer aspect. There are very few JRPGs that have functional local multiplayer. Tales USED TO be one of them, and my friend Tom and I had a pretty decent time playing Graces despite its 0 out of 10 story. Not so sure anymore, we're gonna give Xilia another try sometime now that we know that it does work with 2 players (though no more).

There's one game missing from your lists that's pretty conspicuous. Battlefront. Did you never get around to it? Cuz it's probably my actual ANTIGOTY, I just wanted to make a point about how shitty TW3 was from a gameplay perspective.
Liverwort Tens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016   #12
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4052 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Battlefront is not egregiously terrible. The worst thing about it is that there's not much to it. Well, the worst thing is its DLC practices but that's a whole other conversation. It's better than the other Battlefield shooter that came out in 2015. I played Battlefront for like two and a half days and realized I just pissed away sixty bucks on a game that can be enjoyed in a Redbox one day rental. Then I tried the Jakku DLC and discovered that it was like a reskin of the other desert maps and sold that thing for ten less than I got it. That it's somehow the worst Star Wars game in a year summed up by Star Wars is a feat only EA can pull off. If I had a list of ten it'd be on there just because of how nothing the game is once you get past that initial "Yeah alright this is fun" of the first few matches. But I had a much worse time with the games listed, since with the exception of The Order and Tales I was genuinely excited to play the others and they make damn good first impressions only for your hopes and dreams to be crushed as the realization that they are bad games sets in and you realize there's still thirty hours of Afghanistan nothingness to do and you just want something to happen.

But yeah, that I have more fun with a free mobile Star Wars game (Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes) than I did with Battlefront says it all. At least there's a carrot on a stick for Galaxy of Heroes. I'm trying to unlock Rey without spending real money because that's the trap so I need to get 80 drops of Rey Data Cards. The trick is I can only do the battle she drops in 4 times every thirteen hours (so 4 times a day) and she's not a guaranteed drop so some days I'll get nothing. I'm up to 30 Rey Data and in doing so managed to unlock Poe Dameron and some Clone Wars chuckleheads and Stormtrooper Han Solo. I'm also super close to unlocking Mace Windu and Palpatine all from trying to get Rey without paying. That alone, that whole 'having something to keep you coming back once a day' is something Battlefront didn't have.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote