Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Other > Ask the Staff

Notices

Ask the Staff If you have any questions for the staff, ask us here.

Old 03-07-2011   #11
Raist Classic
Black Rose

(5132 days)
Threads: 69
Style: Evening Sky
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph
But once I unlocked Sion's fifth outfit and realized I had absolutely nothing left to do I asked myself "Do you want to keep playing?" No, I really didn't. I don't dislike it. I enjoyed it. But I realize it's hardly "good." It's not "terribad" but it's not good. It kept me playing due to all its alternate branches (Find the keycard in time? Get a fight scene instead of an escape scene, for example) but when all was said and done, it still took me less than 15 hours to fully beat everything (started skipping scenes I'd already seen though)
Length isn't a sign of a lack of quality. If you want to talk about "getting your money's worth" that's one thing, but even if a game costs you $70 and only lasts an hour, if that's the greatest hour of your life then the fact that you "only got an hour out of it" wouldn't somehow make that hour any less amazing.
Old 03-09-2011   #12
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(4698 days)
Threads: 315
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Butter Chicken
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to Snips Send a message via MSN to Snips
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Raisto View Post
Length isn't a sign of a lack of quality. If you want to talk about "getting your money's worth" that's one thing, but even if a game costs you $70 and only lasts an hour, if that's the greatest hour of your life then the fact that you "only got an hour out of it" wouldn't somehow make that hour any less amazing.
I beg to differ.

If 70 dollars can get me 2-5 (depending on new or used) 40+ hour RPGs, calling 1 amazing hour worth it is like saying "it's worth paying 20 bucks for DLC which is 5% of the content of a 40 dollar game."

Which, in essence, is a load of BS. I mean, you can get a whole new (used) game at that price, so why settle for so little content?

I have no idea why I spaced my post out like this.

I'm half asleep. Maybe it will make sense when I wake up.
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011   #13
Raist Classic
Black Rose

(5132 days)
Threads: 69
Style: Evening Sky
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubba
If 70 dollars can get me 2-5 (depending on new or used) 40+ hour RPGs, calling 1 amazing hour worth it is like saying "it's worth paying 20 bucks for DLC which is 5% of the content of a 40 dollar game."
I didn't say an hour was worth it, I said that worth was a whole other (largely irrelevant) issue. Worth is subjective, quality is objective.
Old 03-09-2011   #14
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4173 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubba View Post
I beg to differ.

Which, in essence, is a load of BS. I mean, you can get a whole new (used) game at that price, so why settle for so little content?

I have no idea why I spaced my post out like this.

I'm half asleep. Maybe it will make sense when I wake up.

Just gonna go ahead and say that most DLC isn't 20 bucks. Even Mass Effect 2's Lair of the Shadow Broker, which was quality DLC, was not 20 dollars. DLC ranges from like 5 to 10 bucks. Sometimes 15 if it is an EA game. Sometimes like two bucks. Like Rock Band songs.

Not your point, I know. But if DLC was 20 bucks, people would be complaining about the price of DLC rather than simply having to pay for content they think should have been on the disc (which isn't always the case anyway). Just saying.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011   #15
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(4698 days)
Threads: 315
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Butter Chicken
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to Snips Send a message via MSN to Snips
It was a shot at the combined cost of DLC packs, not individual. For example, Disgaea 3 has more in DLC costs than the game itself. Even Valkyria Chronicles has stupid overpriced DLC: 4.99 for one level with the Edy Detachment, 4.99 for "4" (One first level, two variants of the second level depending on the first level, and one hidden third level if you A ranked the other three) levels as Selvaria's unit, 4.99 for a bit more of the Edy Detachment, and 4.99 to add a new difficulty to skirmishes. Factor in how the DLC only revisits the same areas you see in the main game anyways, you're basically unlocking new pre-battle text for 4.99 per mission or two.

And when you ask yourself what the main game costs, how much content is has, and how much you pay for that little bit extra? I kind of regret getting some of the DLC I do have for some games, really. COuld have been Money Well SPent Elsewhere.
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote