Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Main Sector > Coffee House > Music and Entertainment

Notices

Music and Entertainment Discuss music, movies, television, and other forms of entertainment besides videogames here.

Old 09-24-2008   #11
Setzophone
Are ya alright?

(6633 days)
Threads: 290
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Tired
Time spent on board:
2 month 1 week 5 day

Setzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Setzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Setzophone Send a message via MSN to Setzophone Send a message via Skype™ to Setzophone
I've listened to The Olden Domain, good stuff. I still need to pick up Archaic Course, though.
Old 09-24-2008   #12
Night
PM

(6418 days)
Threads: 56
Mood: Moods are for emo kids
Time spent on board:
2 week 5 day 4 hour

Night is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to all
Night is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to Night Send a message via MSN to Night
Constantly changing. I'd probably drive myself nuts looking for my all time favorites.

Right now they're probably all by John Legend, but according to my iTunes all of them are by Kenna and off of Make Sure They See My Face.

That's only because my Kenna fit came right after I got my iPod, and it's one of the, if not the, longest musical infatuations I've had.
Old 10-04-2008   #13
Kurbee
Dur Almightah

(6624 days)
Threads: 476
Style: Smoke
Mood: Pink
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 2 day

Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Kurbee Send a message via MSN to Kurbee Send a message via Yahoo to Kurbee
New List:

* The Death Of Chris Palko - Cage ft. Camu Tao [rest in peace]
* No More Me And You - Krizz Kaliko ft. Tech N9ne
* Sex And Candy [Cover] - Prozak
* Party Rock - Kutt Calhoun
* Miss Gottalotavit - Tech N9ne
Kurbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008   #14
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(6377 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
1. Art of Life ~ X Japan. This song singlehandedly knocked me out of my teenage years into adulthood, and has the best guitar solos, lyrics, and depth to it out of any song I've ever heard.

2. Alkaloid ~ Maaya Sakamoto. I have yet to feel true love, but this must be what it feels like. The most beautiful vocals I've ever heard, in the most passionate song I've ever heard. I've listened to this song almost every night for the past 2 years, and still swoon every time I hear it.

3. Help me, Erin! ~ Artist unknown. えーりん!えーりん! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMPB8iVK20Q It's a rock cover of my favorite Touhou song. And Touhou songs are DAMN good for game tunes.

4. Smile ~ The Pillows. Another song that is nothing short of art. Contrary to The Pillows' reputation, this song is easily the darkest song on this, if not everyone's list. It represents a deep, seething hatred for humanity that is covered up by a calm, peaceful demeanor. It's got talks of making those fucking humans get in their damn kennels, which is surrounded by calm sections about "freedom." And the main riff is amazing, both in it's sound and it's meaning - if a guitar could be insane, that's the sound it would make. Everyone really needs to hear this song, as it's neither too heavy or too light for anyone to have a real excuse to not hear it.

5. Home ~ Dream Theater - The climax of DT's epic album, "Scenes from a Memory." I won't give away the story if you haven't heard it. Yes, it's a song that would require goddamn spoilers.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008   #15
Day
AM

(6783 days)
Threads: 150
Mood: Nostalgic
Time spent on board:
4 week 0 day 19 hour

Day is a magnificent specimenDay is a magnificent specimenDay is a magnificent specimen
Day is a magnificent specimenDay is a magnificent specimenDay is a magnificent specimenDay is a magnificent specimenDay is a magnificent specimenDay is a magnificent specimenDay is a magnificent specimenDay is a magnificent specimenDay is a magnificent specimenDay is a magnificent specimenDay is a magnificent specimen
Send a message via AIM to Day
It'd be unfair for me to put something on the #1 spot. Hell, I feel like this list doesn't do any form of justice as it is.

2. Stolen Moments (Telefon Tel-Aviv remix) by Oliver Nelson and Telefon Tel-Aviv
3. The Fragrance of Dark Coffee (Orchestra Version)
4. Where I Wanna Be by Donell Jones
5. 143 by Musiq Soulchild
Old 10-12-2008   #16
Raist Classic
Black Rose

(6498 days)
Threads: 69
Style: Evening Sky
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
So yeah, this wasn't really possible for me. I just draw from too many genres that I couldn't possibly compare. So, what I ended up doing was making several seperate lists by genre (well, more like by medium), and picking one song from each list (in some cases, this had all the grace of putting all of the contenders on shuffle and choosing the first song that came up). But, because of that, they're not going to be listed in any order but alphabetical.

Carlo Domeniconi - Koyunbaba
The link isn't my favorite rendition of this piece, but it's still fucking great and it's the only full version I know of that isn't, like, shit sound quality. This song is basically responsible for my increasingly lax attitude toward developing my mad guitar skillz any further, because I've got it in my head that I'll never be able to play this no matter how much I bother learning... which is probably true.

Billy Joel - Piano Man
This would be the shuffle winner. One of two songs here that at the end of the day probably shouldn't have made this list, but it's not far off and fuck if I'm going to find anything to replace it.

Clint Mansell - Requiem for a Dream
The other song that probably should've just missed this list, but again, still fucking fabulous, still fucking love it (even if I can't seem to figure out exactly what this version is called).

Mark Porter - The Girl Forgotten By Time
Arrangement of Sara's Theme from Chrono Trigger, off of Time & Space from OneUp Studios. I know of no convenient link for this song, and I'm not sure I'd use it if I did; the reasons I love this song probably couldn't be expressed with youtube quality, even youtube high-quality. But suffice to say, I get more involved with this song than any other physical activity I've done in my life; the Star Wars Kid is a fucking lightweight compared to the shit I do when this song is on and nobody's watching. But, it does not and has not ever had a spot on my playlist, because it's really an experience that I can only really appreciate in small, concentrated doses, and under select circumstances: after the lights go out, but before it's so late that I need to watch the volume, after a long day of work and/or mental exhaustion from having to talk to people a lot. A single playthrough of this song has gotten me through more depressions than I could ever bother to count.

Keiki Kobayashi - ZERO
Oh man. In-game, this sets the tone better than almost any other song I've heard (dunno about you, but when I think about fighter jets armed with lasers, force fields, and aerial depth charges, "flamenco" is the first thing that comes to mind). On its own, this one places a strong second in the "watch Raist do crazy shit when nobody's looking" department.

^ I'm consistently having problems with the video, but once it loads (and it does) it's easily the highest-quality version I've seen on YouTube, so we'll run with it.
Raist Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #17
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(6386 days)
Threads: 1532
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
In no particular order:

Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven
Bone Marrow - Daft Punk
Nothin but a G Thang - Dr. Dre
Exceeding Love - Suikoden III OST
Miss Jackson - Outkast
Old 10-18-2008   #18
Bellatrix
The Odd One

(6537 days)
Threads: 70
Mood: COLD!
Time spent on board:
3 week 6 day 12 hour

Bellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanityBellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanityBellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanityBellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanityBellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanityBellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanityBellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanityBellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Bellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanityBellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanityBellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanityBellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanityBellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanityBellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanityBellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanityBellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanityBellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanityBellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanityBellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanityBellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanityBellatrix is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Silver Bullet ~ Hawthrone Heights

I Don't Care ~ Apocalyptica

Loser ~ Three Doors Down

Broken Home ~ Papa Roach

Move Along ~ All American Rejects

>.>

Let's go play on my mood swings!

Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008   #19
Prince of Pistols
Commander of Fluffy Pants!

(5195 days)
Threads: 47
Style: Event Horizon
Mood: *Laugh* *Fall over dead*
Time spent on board:
5 day 21 hour 45 min

Prince of Pistols is a star, a bright shining star!Prince of Pistols is a star, a bright shining star!
Prince of Pistols is a star, a bright shining star!Prince of Pistols is a star, a bright shining star!Prince of Pistols is a star, a bright shining star!Prince of Pistols is a star, a bright shining star!
Not in any particular order, because its constantly changing:

Escape-Craig Armstrong

Reqium for a Dream-Clint Mansell

Disturbia-Rihanna (Honestly, this one took me by surprise. I just happened to be flipping through stations on the radio, heard this, and instantly became addicted to it. Lol)

Deja Vu- 'The World Ends With You' soundtrack

Transformation- 'TWEWY' soundtrack
Old 10-19-2008   #20
Hobo Moderator
Kaffee
Urban Legend

(6750 days)
Threads: 2777
Mood: 40 is the new 20....maybe not
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 4 day

Kaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Kaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Kaffee Send a message via Yahoo to Kaffee
Only a Lad - Onigo Boingo
Fable Theme - Danny Elfman
Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
Running up that Hill - Kate Bush
Silent all these Years - Tori Amos

"Be regular and orderly in your life, that you may be violent and original in your work."
Clive Barker
Kaffee is offline   Reply With Quote