Ewigkämpfer

(5311 days)
Threads: 578
Style: Event Horizon
Time spent on board:
5 month 2 week 1 day

Miles is on the border of good and evil
I did really well but no one cares!!

My dad ALWAYS talks about his job or past jobs...Constantly. He constantly talks about work. Even the most boring drivel ever...He feels the need to tell you how he swept the floors or how he made a delivery to some guy who told him a joke...

So I was in charge tonight in work. And the odds were against us.
One of the guys was having a royal laugh. He was seriously slacking and trying to avoid doing anything other than what was in front of him.
So I made sure he finished and got his stuff away because I wasn't having it. I kept asking how he was doing every 10 minutes, to the point where he was getting really narky with me.
And I'm like "It all needs to be done tonight, you know. I won't be the one they're looking for if YOUR section isn't done."

It was a relatively stress free night...Despite our job looking completely impossible. Somehow we got it all done and we all left feeling very happy. We even got out on time...Which was like a massive bonus!

So I say to dad when I get in "I did such a good job tonight! I'm so proud~" and tried to tell him about it and he says "Well, I don't want to talk about work right now. It's a saturday night, I'm tired and I'm sure you know how to do your job, so we don't need to discuss this."

And I was just like "Miserable git."

I listen to him blabber on about boring crud all the time but when I want to talk to him about something involving MY job, he's like "NO!"
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011   #2
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5462 days)
Threads: 1785
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 2 week 5 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
So I was in charge tonight in work. And the odds were against us.
Wow, you were in charge? The odds really WERE against you. ;.;
Old 11-26-2011   #3
Miles
Ewigkämpfer

(5311 days)
Time spent on board:
5 month 2 week 1 day

;.;

Well...Yeah...I admit we were doomed from the start...Simply because of that.

When some of the newer guys asked who was in charge...And I was all "Me?" ....They did look...Kinda horrified....
They even trust me with a set of keys to the store. We're talking a big store.
Old 11-27-2011   #4
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs

(5420 days)
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Family let you down?
Have a story that you feel need to be told?
The internet has your back, for we care.

We cared when you released the fact that you got a pet whilst everyone else was all "that's nice".
We cared when you walked outside hissed at the sun and retreated back inside your house, because suns bring cancer!

So in true internet caring fashion I will say "cool story bro!" and congratulate you on a job well done in subverting the real world bullshit and realising that the only people who are worth a damn all appear on your monitor. Because we're that much fucking badarse.

In related news I was trusted with the keys to a pub & sporting club, by that I mean like 40 keys on a big arse chain with some rope attached to hold the damned thing. Took about 15 minutes to open a single door.

They can keep them, I don't want them.
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #5
Miles
Ewigkämpfer

(5311 days)
Time spent on board:
5 month 2 week 1 day

We can always count on Fly to make us smile...

^-^
Old 11-30-2011   #6
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(4698 days)
Threads: 315
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Butter Chicken
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to Snips Send a message via MSN to Snips
Fly wins this thread. You just made my day right there.