Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Main Sector > Coffee House > Music and Entertainment

Notices

Music and Entertainment Discuss music, movies, television, and other forms of entertainment besides videogames here.
Thread Description: Cancellation impending

Old 10-11-2011   #31
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(5013 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisty Raisty View Post

And seriously, not bothering to refute Fly? Who can even understand wtf he says half the time? Or all the time, even? I read that post three times and I still don't really have a fuckin clue.

I think it had to do with him admitting to watching The Amazing Race. Which really made him lose all credibility in my eyes, even if he was watching it for all the right reasons. You never admit that.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #32
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5852 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Quote:
Against Yvl? Always. <3

Yeah, well, I think you're wrong in the head for liking Unlimited Saga, but I don't think I've ever been threadbanned for it.

And seriously, not bothering to refute Fly? Who can even understand wtf he says half the time? Or all the time, even? I read that post three times and I still don't really have a fuckin clue.
A lot more people than just Fly had been responding to him. It was his second post that put him on thin ice, where he ignored the arguments people were lobbing at him but still set himself there to stir up more drama. Not the third, deleted, mystery post. That third post could've been anything save for a legitimate response to all the people who called him out and he'd've been gone, because I'm not gonna tolerate another Kal (which Blue Dragoon is in multiple ways.)

And @Dave: No shit it was the funniest thing on TV at the time.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #33
Irving1992
Katon! Goukakyuu No Justu!

(4938 days)
Threads: 127
Style: Darkfire
Mood: Peaks and Valleys
Time spent on board:
1 month 0 week 4 day

Irving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimen
Irving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimen
Send a message via AIM to Irving1992 Send a message via Yahoo to Irving1992
I stopped watching The Simpsons 8 years ago when my sister's father died. I always watched it with him every night for the last 3 years leading up to his death. Couldn't take it to watch it anymore. But I can only imagine that they exhausted any sort of humor they could've had since.

Irving1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #34
Raist Classic
Black Rose

(5973 days)
Threads: 69
Style: Evening Sky
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
Quote:
A lot more people than just Fly had been responding to him. It was his second post that put him on thin ice, where he ignored the arguments people were lobbing at him but still set himself there to stir up more drama. Not the third, deleted, mystery post. That third post could've been anything save for a legitimate response to all the people who called him out and he'd've been gone, because I'm not gonna tolerate another Kal (which Blue Dragoon is in multiple ways.)
Ignoring what arguments? That you don't think the Simpsons is funny? He does. It's a fact. It doesn't matter how much time you put into your "argument," you aren't going to change something that is already true, and all that's left to throw around after that is emotions. He thinks y'all are haters for hating on something he likes. You think he's a tool for liking something you don't think is funny. So what? He's not obligated to justify his taste to you.
Old 10-11-2011   #35
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs

(6260 days)
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
I think it had to do with him admitting to watching The Amazing Race. Which really made him lose all credibility in my eyes, even if he was watching it for all the right reasons. You never admit that.
Hey hey hey, I'm awesome enough to get away with it and you know it because no one can be stuffed to either comprehend me or try and stop me.

But no the point was more on the generic argument of "you can only rubbish millionaires when you've made millions" that was put forth, or in this regard it was "you can only rubbish the Simpsons when you create a 24 year serial series" which is always a moronic argument to make.

I just threw in that i really dislike the crap that's on TV these days and passes for "entertainment".

Oh and blame my sisters for that, then I found out the host was a Kiwi so, eh. Oceania represent!
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #36
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5852 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Quote:
So what? He's not obligated to justify his taste to you.
After he insults us while expressing his taste? Yeah, he'd damn well better justify it.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #37
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(6302 days)
Threads: 1789
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 3 week 3 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Dash View Post
After he insults us while expressing his taste? Yeah, he'd damn well better justify it.
This, pretty much. He was blatantly trolling with how he posted it. He made Droog look like... not Droog. I've threadbanned Droog for less blatant offenses that were possibly of questionable intention (well...not really, but one can dream). To reiterate his attitude from post #1 in here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon View Post
I don't know why you guys are all hating on The Simpsons.. Is it because it's not that "anime garbage" that you guys are into? The Simpsons are obviously trying to make sure no show ever breaks their record for most episodes/seasons. The Simpsons is a good show, and still clever. Can any of you do that for 24 years? I didn't think so. So before you newfags start trollin' The Simpsons, why don't you try and do something The Simpsons has done.
How one could argue that's just his opinion and isn't trolling is unimaginable. He even uses the word "newfags" when we've all (everyone in this thread) been active here for much longer than he has.

He then pulled a "u mad bro" statement. The post (which I deleted) consisted of nothing but that. There is no defense of those posts. Trying to defend his posts here, as his legitimate "opinion," especially as posted, is akin to defending homeopathy against actual science, if homeopathists were douchey (not that I'm saying they aren't, but I don't know, so let's assume). Really, Raist, I'd think you'd know better than this. But then again, you never did know better when it came to Yvl...
Old 10-12-2011   #38
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little

(6260 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Oh so the reason I've got little idea WTF has happened int eh past 12 hours is because posts were deleted?

I really need to pay more attention to funny little icons...
Old 10-12-2011   #39
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(6302 days)
Threads: 1789
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 3 week 3 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Little View Post
Oh so the reason I've got little idea WTF has happened int eh past 12 hours is because posts were deleted?

I really need to pay more attention to funny little icons...
Blue Dragoon's post, which was found between posts 21 and 22 in this current thread, amounted to "so... you mad bro?"
Old 10-12-2011   #40
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little

(6260 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Not even a sourced google pic?

Disappointing.