Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Main Sector > Coffee House > Music and Entertainment

Notices

Music and Entertainment Discuss music, movies, television, and other forms of entertainment besides videogames here.
Thread Description: Cancellation impending

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011   #21
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs
 
Chicken Little's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
(6259 days)
Location: McDonald's coop
Age: 36
Posts: 8,634
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
And I have time, huzzah to freedom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon View Post
I don't know why you guys are all hating on The Simpsons.. Is it because it's not that "anime garbage" that you guys are into? The Simpsons are obviously trying to make sure no show ever breaks their record for most episodes/seasons. The Simpsons is a good show, and still clever. Can any of you do that for 24 years? I didn't think so. So before you newfags start trollin' The Simpsons, why don't you try and do something The Simpsons has done.
The Simpsons have hardly been a humorous show and simply because "it's done it longer" does not mean it is any good and is more a reflection on the people watching it that they enjoy watching a stupid person be stupid (for example) there are much better shows that have either not gotten off the ground or otherwise not been well liked by the people and canned whilst badly drawn poorly written cock jokes has been highlighted as the pinnacle of comedy.

I mean fuck, it's like how Seinfeld was a show of nothing and nothing of substance that people went "wow, I find satire of mundane stuff entertaining, fuck dinosaurs in flannel shirts."

It's being hated on because simply, it's not that good.

Now shock horror, the last anime I actually watched was Claymore, 4 years ago. I'll be frank, Japan, is in a creative hole, they're far too focused on western ideas to appeal to western audiences and latching on to provide a mesh of cultures (well, I lie as I have seen the anime efforts for a couple of Marvel franchises in Blade & X-men, and well, the tittage or blood splatter is about the only substance of worth from them.) or rehashing their previous efforts that it just becomes stale.

Then of course there's efforts that droog is pulling up which are just blatant perverse erotica.

Good for the Simpsons trying to hold a meaningless record, really, my TV viewing these days is limited to a couple shows because the rest is rubbish, and one of them (Amazing Race) is generally so i can have a fair lol at stupid cliche Americans finding the wide world and going "holy fuck, yelling English won't cut it.. err.. yell louder? Make hand motions! OMG LOST!" or "new" shows like Terra Nova or Ringer (which might be dropped after about 5 episodes) because frankly the efforts are diluted as fuck and translate as well as a punch a in the face.

Big if here, but I floated this up last night with a friend just with random nonsense, but if I had a TV station then yes, I could create a serial lasting 24 years because frankly it's not very hard to come up with a premise (like a typically nuclear family in a typical town with typical jobs who find weird arse positions. Sound familiar? Emphasise the nuclear.) as I'm sure many would not struggle, the problem would be retaining interest over 24 years at the level where you wouldn't go bankrupt, so of course the bankroll would need to be substantial.

So how about instead of being a defensive little whore who's feeling butthurt, why don't you actually comprehend how Tv networks operate before you make such stupidly outlandish comments such as "go out and do it" as if everyone can just pull a few million out of their rectums or that people actually pay attention to community broadcasting in any great number.

Now before you go fuck off and be emo in a corner;

I've been on radio;
I've also been on community TV;
I've also written for and had pictures in community paper;
I've also advertised locally for particular events;
I can still go outside and no one will give two shits about who the fuck I am because I've accomplished nothing of worth to become a known face. Well, to anyone left living anyway.

So out of 20k people, well, I guess I'd be "lucky" if 0.05% of those people knew I did anything of the above unless they were also involved or associated with those who were.
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #22
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince
 
Yvlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
(5851 days)
Location: Cy
Age: 33
Posts: 17,389
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Alright, I'm putting an end to his trolling. I dunno why you guys even humored him in the first place.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #23
Raist Classic
Black Rose
 
Raist Classic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
(5972 days)
Age: 32
Posts: 3,119
Threads: 69
Style: Evening Sky
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvl
Alright, I'm putting an end to his trolling. I dunno why you guys even humored him in the first place.
I'm not sure being confused at a flypost really counts as trolling. Or at least god I hope not.

(Implying he's a douche, however, is.)
__________________
Raist Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #24
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs
 
Chicken Little's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
(6259 days)
Location: McDonald's coop
Age: 36
Posts: 8,634
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Damn straight I am.

But it's only because I have so much love to give and am constantly misunderstood....
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #25
Raist Classic
Black Rose
 
Raist Classic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
(5972 days)
Age: 32
Posts: 3,119
Threads: 69
Style: Evening Sky
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Little View Post
Damn straight I am.

But it's only because I have so much love to give and am constantly misunderstood....
I dunno if you're responding to me or to BD, but just in case:

I wasn't calling you a douche. I was pointing out the yvl's hypocrisy in calling BD's post trolling (which has since been hard deleted, but it just said something like "are you mad?") when the yvl straight called BD a douche with little if any provocation.

Not to mention Lades is trolling me right now by trying to get me to think this is a thing. Because he's a douche like that.
__________________
Raist Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #26
Pinkie Pie
Rum Raisin~
 
Pinkie Pie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
(6256 days)
Location: Amusement Club Room
Age: 34
Posts: 5,404
Threads: 259
Style: Girl Power
Time spent on board:
2 month 2 week 2 day

Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinkie Pie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisty Raisty View Post
I dunno if you're responding to me or to BD, but just in case:

I wasn't calling you a douche. I was pointing out the yvl's hypocrisy in calling BD's post trolling (which has since been hard deleted, but it just said something like "are you mad?") when the yvl straight called BD a douche with little if any provocation.

Not to mention Lades is trolling me right now by trying to get me to think this is a thing. Because he's a douche like that.
__________________
Pinkie Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #27
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs
 
Chicken Little's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
(6259 days)
Location: McDonald's coop
Age: 36
Posts: 8,634
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisty Raisty View Post
I dunno if you're responding to me or to BD, but just in case:

I wasn't calling you a douche. I was pointing out the yvl's hypocrisy in calling BD's post trolling (which has since been hard deleted, but it just said something like "are you mad?") when the yvl straight called BD a douche with little if any provocation.

Not to mention Lades is trolling me right now by trying to get me to think this is a thing. Because he's a douche like that.
To be fair I just popped in for a random comment and it seemed apt at the time.
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #28
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince
 
Yvlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
(5851 days)
Location: Cy
Age: 33
Posts: 17,389
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
His post was "are... you mad bro?" iirc

He also essentially called all of us wrong in the head because we watch too much anime, simply because he likes a show we don't. Which I could tolerate because whatever. Kinda crossed the line when he kept coming back in the thread to see our reaction and post (what I saw as) "haha you can't get me" remarks regardless of how thought out the real posts were (though really, guys, you didn't actually think you could reason with him, did you?)

I think that kinda warrants me calling him out on being the douche he is. I can see why you would think it's hypocritical, as both are technically against the rules that nobody follows, but really, apples and oranges, dood.

Though, quite honestly, I don't remember what exactly was going through my head when I thread-banned him. Guess I was pissed that his responses weren't at least entertaining to read, or something.

Oh, right. It was that, and I was getting tired of seeing people waste their time trying to respond to him, and wanted to remove him from the conversation and give him a "fuck you" for being so inconsiderate.

Last edited by Yvlla; 10-11-2011 at 03:24 AM.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #29
Spud Webb
Ciroc Obama
 
Spud Webb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
(4841 days)
Location: 301
Age: 29
Posts: 1,344
Threads: 23
Style: Girl Power
Mood: Is handsome a mood
Time spent on board:
6 day 12 hour 39 min

Spud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimen
Spud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimenSpud Webb is a magnificent specimen
Send a message via AIM to Spud Webb
oh for the record guys there was a point in time when the simpsons was the funniest show on tv. i'm talking seasons like 3-8 territory

anyway i haven't even read the last like five posts
__________________


"Evermore Hottest Maln"

I put the mac in aroni
Spud Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #30
Raist Classic
Black Rose
 
Raist Classic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
(5972 days)
Age: 32
Posts: 3,119
Threads: 69
Style: Evening Sky
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa
...
Against Yvl? Always. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvl
His post was "are... you mad bro?" iirc

He also essentially called all of us wrong in the head because we watch too much anime, simply because he likes a show we don't. Which I could tolerate because whatever. Kinda crossed the line when he kept coming back in the thread to see our reaction and post (what I saw as) "haha you can't get me" remarks regardless of how thought out the real posts were (though really, guys, you didn't actually think you could reason with him, did you?)

I think that kinda warrants me calling him out on being the douche he is. I can see why you would think it's hypocritical, as both are technically against the rules that nobody follows, but really, apples and oranges, dood.

Though, quite honestly, I don't remember what exactly was going through my head when I thread-banned him. Guess I was pissed that his responses weren't at least entertaining to read, or something.

Oh, right. It was that, and I was getting tired of seeing people waste their time trying to respond to him, and wanted to remove him from the conversation and give him a "fuck you" for being so inconsiderate.
Yeah, well, I think you're wrong in the head for liking Unlimited Saga, but I don't think I've ever been threadbanned for it.

And seriously, not bothering to refute Fly? Who can even understand wtf he says half the time? Or all the time, even? I read that post three times and I still don't really have a fuckin clue.
__________________
Raist Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 AM.

Page generated in 0.28722 seconds (94.31% PHP - 5.69% MySQL) with 11 queries

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.