Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Main Sector > Coffee House > Discussion Table

Notices

Discussion Table The place for more serious discussion about important issues.

Old 07-01-2004   #1
Administrator Overlord
Zelphiel
恐がる

(5458 days)
Threads: 1285
Style: Darkfire
Mood: O.o;;
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 6 day

Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
Send a message via AIM to Zelphiel Send a message via Yahoo to Zelphiel
The Past and Future

" Where does the difference between the past and the future come from? The laws of science do not distinguish between the past and future in ordinary life. You may see a cup of tea fall off of a table and break into pieces on the floor. But you will never see the cup gather itself back together and jump back onto the table." Quotes by Stephen Hawking quoted in the book 'Hannibal' by Thomas Harris.

What goes up, must come down? Is that metaphor true? Is there anyway that you could go back in time to try and stop the past? Maybe so. Maybe not. But how could you explain to a doctor or scientist that the laws of nature can be broken?
Old 07-01-2004   #2
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5455 days)
Threads: 1785
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 2 week 5 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Really, humans know so little about time. Its one thing to take existing knowledge and create theories based on it, but actually seeing if the knowledge and theories work is another.

As for how to go back in time, I don't really know. Perhaps maniuplation of gravity, or things like black holes may hold the possibility to, but i don't see how actually physically going back in time would be possible.
Old 07-01-2004   #3
Laggy
Moogle Lord

(5354 days)
Threads: 1231
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Kupo!
Time spent on board:
1 month 0 week 5 day

Laggy is a brilliant tribute to humanityLaggy is a brilliant tribute to humanityLaggy is a brilliant tribute to humanityLaggy is a brilliant tribute to humanityLaggy is a brilliant tribute to humanityLaggy is a brilliant tribute to humanityLaggy is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Laggy is a brilliant tribute to humanityLaggy is a brilliant tribute to humanityLaggy is a brilliant tribute to humanityLaggy is a brilliant tribute to humanityLaggy is a brilliant tribute to humanityLaggy is a brilliant tribute to humanityLaggy is a brilliant tribute to humanityLaggy is a brilliant tribute to humanityLaggy is a brilliant tribute to humanityLaggy is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via ICQ to Laggy Send a message via AIM to Laggy Send a message via MSN to Laggy Send a message via Yahoo to Laggy
this thread is going to make me go crazy..

i dont like to think about it.. i mean... if you go to the past, will it change the furure?..and if so, will you know who you are..or why you changed the past..being right now is changed and so is the future

see...i dont like thinkin about it
Old 07-01-2004   #4
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5455 days)
Time spent on board:

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Yeah, you never know what a insignificant change in the past could cause. IT could change nothing, or it could change everything...

This reminds me of a quote in my book
"The future is dark, but the past is darker"
Old 07-02-2004   #5
idgaf rpgfan
The Dragon Lord

(5325 days)
Threads: 46
Mood: uhh.....sure, whatever
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 4 hour

idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!
idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!
Send a message via AIM to idgaf rpgfan Send a message via Yahoo to idgaf rpgfan
1: I seriously doubt that humanity will ever invent time travel.
2: If someone did, I would do everything in my power to stop the technology from doing anything.

]There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightsavior
If your deity ain't f*&^ing you....why are you waiting for him to come?
^^I don't know where you got it but that one is worth repeating^^
idgaf rpgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004   #6
Hobo Moderator
Kaffee
Urban Legend

(5378 days)
Threads: 2777
Mood: 40 is the new 20....maybe not
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 4 day

Kaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Kaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Kaffee Send a message via Yahoo to Kaffee
Quote:
Originally Posted by idgaf rpgfan
1: I seriously doubt that humanity will ever invent time travel.
2: If someone did, I would do everything in my power to stop the technology from doing anything.
Exactly, Time Travel would be a huge mistake. It would would screw everything up. And besides if time travel were possible this world would be in alot worse shape than it already is.

And if it ever happens, I'll join idgaf to stop them.

"Be regular and orderly in your life, that you may be violent and original in your work."
Clive Barker
Kaffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004   #7
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5455 days)
Time spent on board:

I myself wouldnt mind the ability to travel through time, but i wouldnt change anything either. No saving kennedy, or stopping hitler, or preventing AIDS, none of that. No turning the tide of major wars. I'd simply go back and see for myself what happened.
Old 07-02-2004   #8
Leknaat
The Executor of Balance

(5408 days)
Threads: 180
Mood: Hee hee
Time spent on board:
1 week 2 day 13 hour

Leknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Leknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via Yahoo to Leknaat
What if something was already altered and we just don't know it? I mean there's no way to know for sure that something has not already been changed..maybe the major events that have happened already were caused by someone altering them...? I'm with Mog..I don't want to think about it..O_o
Old 07-02-2004   #9
idgaf rpgfan
The Dragon Lord

(5325 days)
Threads: 46
Mood: uhh.....sure, whatever
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 4 hour

idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!
idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!
Send a message via AIM to idgaf rpgfan Send a message via Yahoo to idgaf rpgfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
I myself wouldnt mind the ability to travel through time, but i wouldnt change anything either. No saving kennedy, or stopping hitler, or preventing AIDS, none of that. No turning the tide of major wars. I'd simply go back and see for myself what happened.
But just going back is changing things, your prescence alone could set off a chain of events that could alter many things in "our" time.

]There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightsavior
If your deity ain't f*&^ing you....why are you waiting for him to come?
^^I don't know where you got it but that one is worth repeating^^
idgaf rpgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004   #10
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5455 days)
Time spent on board:

Lekky's got a point...but i still wouldnt mind doing it. Maybe the "time travel" would make me like, invisible to the denizens of the period. If that were the case, then it would most likely be ok...

Time is a topic of immense intrest to me...