Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Gaming Sector > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming For the discussion of games from Atari to Zynga.
Thread Description: Konami disappearing?

Old 05-02-2015   #1
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(4986 days)
Threads: 1532
Style: Smoke
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
IGN Gamescoop.

This is a Game scoop session on Ign.com.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/...s-konami?watch

They mainly talk about 42 reasons they would miss Konami. A lot about their old games, what all they made, and everything.
Old 05-02-2015   #2
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4139 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
I don't think Konami is disappearing just because they are idiots and got rid of Kojima. They have mobile shit and stuff. Maybe the Konami people love is disappearing but honestly when was the last time that Konami did anything remotely worthwhile? MGS 3?

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015   #3
Hikari Tsukishiro
Magical Lyrical

(5147 days)
Threads: 21
Style: Blue Hatch
Time spent on board:
3 day 5 hour 39 min

Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!
Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!
Still pissed about them with suikoden.
Old 05-07-2015   #4
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(4977 days)
Threads: 1765
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari Tsukishiro View Post
Still pissed about them with suikoden.
This, exactly. I don't think I've bought a Konami game since 6 was cancelled, and that's intentional. I hope everyone in that company dies in agony for what they did to Suikoden - ending the series midway then dragging its name through the mud with meaningless spin-offs as an extra "fuck you" to fans. And that was while Suikoden was my LIFE, half my friends and most of my enemies I had met through Suiko fan sites, but those sites all slowly died as no news came year after year, and people went their separate ways without closure. I will never forgive Konami for that.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015   #5
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4139 days)
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yeah but you're getting MGS 5 right?

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Old 05-10-2015   #6
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(4977 days)
Threads: 1765
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
You're actually right - I did crack on the MG franchise already. I bought MGR because my love of Platinum cancelled out my hate of Konami. Not sure if I'd do it again, though, and if I did, it would be used, so Gamestop gets all the money.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015   #7
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(4986 days)
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

I cant wait for MGS5, it is a sure buy for me.

I wish Konami would just sell all their game rights, or something so that someone else could make Suikoden VI. I wonder which company would be the best suited to doing it justice?
Old 05-14-2015   #8
Hikari Tsukishiro
Magical Lyrical

(5147 days)
Threads: 21
Style: Blue Hatch
Time spent on board:
3 day 5 hour 39 min

Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!
Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!Hikari Tsukishiro is a star, a bright shining star!
Quote:
"We will pursue mobile games aggressively," says Konami's new CEO Hayakawa in an interview with Nikkei Trendy Net.

"Our main platform will be mobiles. Following the pay-as-you-play model of games like Power pro and Winning Eleven with additional content, our games must move from selling things like "items" to selling things like "features."

"We saw with these games that even people who buy physical games are motivated to buy extra content. The success of Power pro especially has motivated us to actively push more of our popular series onto mobile than ever before."

"Gaming has spread to a number of platforms, but at the end of the day, the platform that is always closest to us, is mobile. Mobile is where the future of gaming lies."

"We hope that our overseas games such as MGSV and Winning Eleven continue to do well, but we are always thinking about how to push our franchises onto mobile there too."

"With multiplatform games, there's really no point in dividing the market into categories anymore. Mobiles will take on the new role of linking the general public to the gaming world."

http://jin115.com/archives/52080348.html
and konami keeps failing
Old 05-21-2015   #9
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(4986 days)
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Who wants to play an intense game on their phone, or tablet? This guy does not approve of this, Konami is dead to me now.
Old 05-21-2015   #10
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4139 days)
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Mobile gaming is huge in Japan. And they've come a long way since the days of playing Snake or whatever. Known developers have done stuff for mobile games, including Hironobu Sakaguchi, Nobuo Uematsu, and others. Konami will still make profit in Japan where mobile games are big and not just Candy Crush or whatever.