Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Gaming Sector > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming For the discussion of games from Atari to Zynga.

Old 05-09-2014   #31
Setzophone
Are ya alright?

(5292 days)
Threads: 290
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Tired
Time spent on board:
2 month 1 week 5 day

Setzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Setzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Setzophone Send a message via MSN to Setzophone Send a message via Skype™ to Setzophone
Since I have access to all my consoles again, I've been playing Suikoden II. I'm kinda glad I put this one off for as long as I did. I recently replayed the first one, and as much as I love that game... it'll be hard to go back now. I just wish it'd release on PSN, so I could go legit.
Old 07-22-2014   #32
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(4723 days)
Threads: 315
Mood: Butter Chicken
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to Snips Send a message via MSN to Snips
I've had an interesting gaming theme recently. That theme is "Help me, I am being Japanned again."

First off, I've been playing Conception 2: Children of the Seven Stars. Take Persona's Social Links, but instead those bonds... create new party members. "Star Children" born from pouring two people's energies into a matryoshka, or "star womb." The thing is basically a giant harem with one male protagonist and 7 heroines (and assorted supporting characters of both genders.) Honestly, the game has some neat concepts and all, but I can't honestly reccommend it to many people. The gameplay itself is stale and people's "social link" like plotlines are plot-progression-locked so your only real motivation to beat the next dungeon is to see 2 more scenes with each character. The main plot itself is dull, uninspired, and lacks any real motivation until the final dungeon. Imagine Persona 3 with the full moon bosses obediently waiting inside Tartarus with less story to them, no time limits, and Strega only appearing in the final block. This is basically what Conception 2 feels like; basically a big mindless slog kept interesting via "social links."

Next up on my "oh god what Japan" list is Killer Is Dead. Droog can vouch for this one being Japan. Seriously. Suda51 is always taking the players on a trip, but the Giggolo missions were something else entirely (and mandatory if you wanted all the arm parts for new subweapons!) Still, I quite enjoyed the combat, what with the option to duck freely if being targeted by a high attack (be it ranged or otherwise - even environmental) and your different upgrades and the tactical options they offered. (Healing uses up Blood. Shooting uses up Blood. You gotta pick and choose how you use your Blood. It's great.) My biggst complaint is how short the game is; I beat it the day I brought it home. It's clearly intended for replay for score and whatnot, with the leaderboards and trophies oriented around AAA ranking missions on every difficulty level.

Next up is Battle Princess of Arcadias. No, seriously. That name alone is so Japan that it freaking hurts. Anyways, it's a sidescrolling hack and slash sort of like Odin Sphere or something, but... maybe a bit more... Disgaea? NIS published the game, but didn't make it. But I still felt some moments were just... Disgaea-tier silly. Like endangering your entire army just so Plume and Rudolph could dine on jumbo shrimp. I also liked the Skirmish and Siege missions, where your army were your lifeline. If they died, you failed. You had to tactically fight and give orders all at once, and it was interesting.

And most recently, "The Guided Fate Paradox." Take Disgaea, set it in Celestia with a twist, and make the combat system more like... well... Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. The protagonist is a human teenager chosen to be god via lottery, and he's calling bullshit on all sorts of stuff. That's right. The game is self aware and calls itself out. It's pretty great. And in true Disgaea style, the metagame is deep, and I've yet to scratch the surface.
Old 07-22-2014   #33
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4197 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips View Post

Next up on my "oh god what Japan" list is Killer Is Dead. Droog can vouch for this one being Japan.

At this point my work is done. Anyone who sees the Grasshopper logo on the box should expect it to be Japan as fuck. And I mean that in both the batshit narrative and the game design that's still five years behind the norm.

As for me I've been playing Valiant Hearts: The Great War

Unlike the actual war, this game is wonderful.

You thought I was gonna say great, didn't you. I know you.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014   #34
Goldiroxxor
Mon Collie Knight

(5308 days)
Threads: 1415
Style: Smoke
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 5 day

Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Warframe and Payday 2

Warframe had a huge update that overhauled the entire ui system. Menu is now your ship basically, quests for obtaining your ship, obtaining kubrows, and the new warframe. Pretty sure they'll use it for a lot of future stuff eventually. Neat part was the new user experience they added ehich unlocks the ship for new players existing players were allowed to play through. Course a lot of hitches so far but to be expected. The ship ui is great and planetary view of current system you are at is very well done and gives a sense of scale and detail from previous starmap.

Payday 2 mostly the usual, been robbing banks, stealthing shit, mostly getting last of the achievements I have yet to get. New shotgun pack really made shotguns more fun and useable and the bigbank dlc added an impressive piece and new assets planning system for the game.

Last edited by Goldiroxxor; 09-09-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Goldiroxxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014   #35
OvenVilson
Anfänger

(1581 days)
Threads: 5
Time spent on board:
58 min 54 sec

OvenVilson is on the border of good and evil
Been playing tons of the new brogue version. Lot's of fun.
Old 08-24-2014   #36
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(4723 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
I just Platinumed Atelier Escha & Logy today. It joins Dragon's Dogma, Mass Effect 3, and XCOM Enemy Within to be my 4th Platinum.

I've also been playing a lot of Rogye Legacy. Duck Fark Souls, this is where it's at for gratuitous death!
Old 09-09-2014   #37
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(4723 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Tales of Xillia 2. Damn, does it have flaws, and damn, am I conflicted on how I feel about it.

I'm going to be LPing it to nitpick. Because that's what I do, apparently.
Old 09-09-2014   #38
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4197 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips View Post
Tales of Xillia 2. Damn, does it have flaws, and damn, am I conflicted on how I feel about it.

Can't be worse than Xillia 1. Heyo.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014   #39
Goldiroxxor
Mon Collie Knight

(5308 days)
Threads: 1415
Style: Smoke
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 5 day

Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
I've recently restarted up Leaf Green on my GBA for my bedtime gameage. Lay in bed, turn on gba with gb light attached, perfect for night time gamging before bed. :V So far at seafoam islands, trying to capture Articuno. But he's being a jerk and making me waste all my pokeballs every time I attempt to >:C
Goldiroxxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014   #40
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(4723 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapplecrack View Post
Can't be worse than Xillia 1. Heyo.
Xillia 1, I fully expected to hate, and was pleasantly surprised. IMO it's actually one of the better ones overall. It has it's flaws, but nothing TOO offensive.

Xillia 2, I also fully expected to hate, and am confused as all sin as to how to feel, because I half love it and half hate it. If you follow my LP you'll see what I mean by the 3rd post I make. I'll get to work on that tonight, but for now, I didn't get any sleep at all last night and need to crash.