Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Other > Ask the Staff

Notices

Ask the Staff If you have any questions for the staff, ask us here.

Old 04-12-2010   #1
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(4724 days)
Threads: 315
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Butter Chicken
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to Snips Send a message via MSN to Snips
About spoiler tags, post limits, and edit limits.

Before I get my "new" (One of them is resuming an old one that I couldn't do because of emulator problems) LPs up I was wondering....

1) I recall us crashing the "this thread is going to have one million posts in it" thread with obscenely long posts. However, if those posts are in spoilers, will it matter?

2) Is there a limit to the number of spoiler tags per post? And how much can go in each tag?

3) Is there a point beyond which you can no longer edit your posts?

My plan: Edit the first post in the thread with a new spoiler tag containing that update, and I'll simply post to say "yo, mofo, update done!" This will allow the LP to be read through in one post, for if you're a new reader or wanted to reread it front to finish without posts in between.

Will this work? I can have Rune Factory and Lufia ready to go tonight. Super Robot Taisen and Summon Night haven't been downloaded yet but I was thinking I could start them once I'm done Rune Factory which should be a short LP if I use codes for wood so I don't spend 80% of the game just chopping sticks for lumber.
Old 04-12-2010   #2
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5488 days)
Threads: 1785
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 2 week 5 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
I don't think these things really matter, but I'm fairly sure when you load a thread it also loads the contents of the spoiler tags, but just hides it from view until clicked.
Old 04-12-2010   #3
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(4724 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet Jades View Post
I don't think these things really matter, but I'm fairly sure when you load a thread it also loads the contents of the spoiler tags, but just hides it from view until clicked.
I was worried about that, which potentially makes the page loading time suck... hmmm...

Okay, plan B! I'll post new posts anyways and I'll update Post 1 with a link to the update in the "View single post" format, that ought to make it more bearable!

I'll be getting Rune Factory up before 6, with any luck, and I'll be restarting Lufia (forgot to tke screenshots, haha) once Rune Factory is up.
Old 04-12-2010   #4
Goldiroxxor
Mon Collie Knight

(5310 days)
Threads: 1415
Style: Smoke
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 5 day

Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
I think you can actually edit your posts an infinite amount of times. I mean why would you only have a limited amount of times to edit posts or how long before they're un-editable? That's just silly (:
Goldiroxxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #5
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5488 days)
Threads: 1785
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 2 week 5 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Marmosett View Post
I think you can actually edit your posts an infinite amount of times. I mean why would you only have a limited amount of times to edit posts or how long before they're un-editable? That's just silly (:
Other sites only allow editing of posts for a certain period of time. EF allows it infinitely, though, especially since there are edit records kept.
Old 04-12-2010   #6
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5038 days)
Threads: 1765
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphtookashit View Post
I was worried about that, which potentially makes the page loading time suck... hmmm...
Anyone who's still on dial-up deserves the extra loading time.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #7
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(4724 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Necromancy to ask another question.

Factoring in pure text, what's the limit of how much EF can display before it crashes like the Million posts thread used to?

I've been working on a script for a (group-project) VN (though it'd be just a choose your own adventure story here, without the visuals/audio) which a friend suggested I post in the creative writing sction here for feedback after I mentioned I'm not the only one into VNs here. I'd basically break up the scenes into one post each and put them all in spoilers, with each scene being linked to as needed.

Example:

Scene Here

Choices:
(Link 1 to scene from answer 1)
(Link 2 to scene from answer 2)

etc.

Would all these spoilers and long posts likely have a negative impact on the server, or should it be fine?
Old 11-05-2011   #8
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4199 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Does your VN contain anime people fuckin'?

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #9
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(4724 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
Does your VN contain anime people fuckin'?
Not yet. I'm thinking I don't want any H-scenes but they may talk about it. All the VN fans I've pitched it to so far loved the concept though.

It's about a young man who was born to an alcoholic teenaged mother. He was trying to salvage his own life, while she kept ruining it. He left home as a teenager, balancing school and work, just to get away from her. And finally, at age 27, he's saved up enough money to go to med school in a foreign country. He's already packed, has already paid his life savings away... and his mother dies, leaing him the legal guardian to his 12 year old sister. And these two hate each other for a plethora of reasons - all of which involve their mother.

It follows the typical VN format of "true route" and a ton of side routes, many of which are relationship oriented, since that seems to be what appeals most to the VN crowd (And there's a wide variety of colorful characters - including a foreign yandere, among VN cliches.) But there's also a lot of bad endings, and I do mean a lot.

At any rate, I've done far more planning than I have writing, admittedly. I've only finished one route so far (A tearjerker bad ending route that's best read after completing the true route) but at the very least, I know everything I want to do. I just need to write the scenes out.
Old 11-05-2011   #10
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4199 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
So does he fuck his sister like in Kana?

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote