Old 08-19-2008   #1
Doc Tram
Sb

(4346 days)
Threads: 11
Style: Cold Steel
Time spent on board:
2 day 18 hour 34 min

Doc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to all
Doc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to allDoc Tram is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to Doc Tram
Texas school district allows guns in school

Quote:
HOUSTON (Reuters) - A Texas school district will let teachers bring guns to class this fall, the district's superintendent said on Friday, in what experts said appeared to be a first in the United States.

The board of the small rural Harrold Independent School District unanimously approved the plan and parents have not objected, said the district's superintendent, David Thweatt.

School experts backed Thweatt's claim that Harrold, a system of about 110 students 150 miles northwest of Fort Worth, may be the first to let teachers bring guns to the classroom.

Thweatt said it is a matter of safety.

"We have a lock-down situation, we have cameras, but the question we had to answer is, 'What if somebody gets in? What are we going to do?" he said. "It's just common sense."

Teachers who wish to bring guns will have to be certified to carry a concealed handgun in Texas and get crisis training and permission from school officials, he said.

Recent school shootings in the United States have prompted some calls for school officials to allow students and teachers to carry legally concealed weapons into classrooms.

The U.S. Congress once barred guns at schools nationwide, but the U.S. Supreme Court struck the law down, although state and local communities could adopt their own laws. Texas bars guns at schools without the school's permission.
From what I've experienced, it's not uncommon for students to steal things from teachers' desk, cabinets, or other compartments. They're usually answer keys or confiscated items, but they might find something a little different this time.

The line that makes me wonder though is:
Quote:
Recent school shootings in the United States have prompted some calls for school officials to allow students and teachers to carry legally concealed weapons into classrooms.
Old 08-19-2008   #2
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5613 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
lol texas.

I don't really think the school is being stupid, but rather desperate after being ignored. It didnt mention it in this article, but I think I heard that the closest police station is 30 minutes away. With that in mind, it's really understandable that they would resort to this.
Old 08-19-2008   #3
Goldiroxxor
Mon Collie Knight

(5885 days)
Threads: 1415
Style: Smoke
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 5 day

Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
I seriously dunno about this. I'm kinda iffy on the issue of guns in school. it does sound moronic completely for the most part
Old 08-19-2008   #4
Mina
None So Cold - Frozen Soul

(4352 days)
Threads: 75
Style: Smoke
Time spent on board:
1 week 1 day 3 hour

Mina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to all
Mina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to allMina is truly an inspiration to all
Leave it to those darn Texans.
Old 08-19-2008   #5
Parallax
Defying Gravity

(4347 days)
Threads: 1
Style: True Default
Mood: Ambivalent
Time spent on board:
4 h 23 min 12 sec

Parallax is a star, a bright shining star!Parallax is a star, a bright shining star!
Parallax is a star, a bright shining star!Parallax is a star, a bright shining star!Parallax is a star, a bright shining star!Parallax is a star, a bright shining star!Parallax is a star, a bright shining star!Parallax is a star, a bright shining star!Parallax is a star, a bright shining star!Parallax is a star, a bright shining star!Parallax is a star, a bright shining star!Parallax is a star, a bright shining star!Parallax is a star, a bright shining star!Parallax is a star, a bright shining star!
Send a message via AIM to Parallax
Tch. Sounds pretty sketchy to me. Have a feeling this will end up badly somehow.
Old 08-19-2008   #6
Dark Luther
Jackal...

(5758 days)
Threads: 464
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Casually shell shocked.....
Time spent on board:
2 week 5 day 9 hour

Dark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Dark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Dark Luther
I see a teacher being disarmed and the gun used against them...

I won't die I won't go away I'll always be here
no good asking me I won't speak

no words sitting alone night in my hut eyes closed hands open
wisps of an unknown face

hear the cruel no-answer until blood drips down
beat your head against the wall of it

we're lost where the mind can't find us
utterly lost

- Ikkyū
Old 08-19-2008   #7
Caelus
Chubby Chocobo

(4346 days)
Threads: 5
Mood: Piratetastic
Time spent on board:
4 h 51 min 14 sec

Caelus is on the border of good and evil
Send a message via AIM to Caelus Send a message via MSN to Caelus
Well, you get a free gun with every purchase of Jack Daniels. "It's Texas State Law!" I'm actually eager to here about this situation going bad.
Old 08-19-2008   #8
Administrator Overlord
Zelphiel
恐がる

(6066 days)
Threads: 1285
Style: Darkfire
Mood: O.o;;
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 6 day

Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
Send a message via AIM to Zelphiel Send a message via Yahoo to Zelphiel
The thing that will blow my mind is if it's actually a success somehow.
Old 08-19-2008   #9
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5613 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelus View Post
Well, you get a free gun with every purchase of Jack Daniels. "It's Texas State Law!" I'm actually eager to here about this situation going bad.
Every kid will have one then. Sounds fun.

About whether it goes wrong or not... I would rather than when it does go bad, that it's just a minor incident rather than another Columbine or Virginia Tech.
Old 08-19-2008   #10
Caelus
Chubby Chocobo

(4346 days)
Threads: 5
Mood: Piratetastic
Time spent on board:
4 h 51 min 14 sec

Caelus is on the border of good and evil
Send a message via AIM to Caelus Send a message via MSN to Caelus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Rogers Returns! View Post
Every kid will have one then. Sounds fun.

About whether it goes wrong or not... I would rather than when it does go bad, that it's just a minor incident rather than another Columbine or Virginia Tech.

I agree, mainly cause they'd blame videogames and rock n roll.

"Those teens were on the internet, and have heard music. Rabble rabble rabble!"