Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Gaming Sector > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming For the discussion of games from Atari to Zynga.
Thread Description: Other videos as well.

Old 03-15-2013   #1
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(6341 days)
Threads: 1532
Style: Smoke
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
Is the Gaming Industry Crashing?

I found this videdo on youtube.com. He has other videos as well some of which I may post here.

Gaming Crash - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxXE...ature=youtu.be

Bioware fanbase still upset - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu731UtTFqo

The indoctrination theory extended cut - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeJkR683Sas

Indoctrination theory part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CKHLDgz2zE

Indoctrination theory part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDGAnsVOb-M

I put a couple Mass Effect videos up as I am currently playing that series, and am on ME2. The first video must be both videos edited, shortened and put together as it is 147 minutes long where each part is like 140 minute long. I do plan to watch them when I finish the game.

I may not understand the outrage when I finish the game as I never will get to see the original ending as I already have the extended cut. I will watch the ME videos of this guy after I play through it.
Old 03-15-2013   #2
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(6332 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima View Post
This guy's reasoning is so ridiculously flawed. "Here's a bunch of games with terrible gameplay, and here's a bunch of games whose endings weren't really good. THEY'RE THE EXACT SAME THING, YOU SEE?!" He's also stuck on disproved rumors and making tons of other logical leaps.

He is partially right about EA, though. EA is going to either remove their CEO or die within the next decade. This doesn't mean the games industry is crashing - Just EA. For every negatively recieved game many of those companies listed made, there have been 3 positive. Konami's the only other company I see in jeopardy in the immediate future, and even that's shaky because they're being carried hard by Kojima.

He's also pretty ignorant about the stocks. Games are a regular-person hobby, and as such are still in a recession, because the regular person still doesn't have money. Saying that other companies' stocks have gone up or that the recession ended is ignoring America's current dual economy (which, to be fair, is the norm).

Last edited by Yvlla; 03-15-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013   #3
Administrator Overlord
Zelphiel
恐がる

(6785 days)
Threads: 1285
Style: Darkfire
Mood: O.o;;
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 6 day

Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
Send a message via AIM to Zelphiel Send a message via Yahoo to Zelphiel
the video game industry is like those banks that were 'too big to fail'... except it won't actually fail.

as long as disposable income exists people will find something to buy with it to distract them from reality. video games have been filling that role nicely for a long time, I don't think a hiccup in quality or price hikes or anything like that will make the whole 20+ billion dollar industry fall apart.
Old 06-20-2013   #4
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs

(6740 days)
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
It won't crash, but it will have to drastically scale back its practices to remain viable in the changing economy of "shrinking" purchases.

Beasts such as EA will inevitably fall through previous boons becoming a burden and being unable to sustain its own mass, and the sector should, eventually, get back to a medium of individual studios as individual studios instead of umbrella corporations of their overlords.
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013   #5
Administrator Overlord
Zelphiel
恐がる

(6785 days)
Threads: 1285
Style: Darkfire
Mood: O.o;;
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 6 day

Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
Send a message via AIM to Zelphiel Send a message via Yahoo to Zelphiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Little View Post
instead of umbrella corporations of their overlords.
shh... wesker may be listening and I still have nightmares about being stalked by Nemesis.

but yeah, I agree that small and medium size development and publishing companies may come out on top in the end. Enormous companies like EA have gotten themselves into a situation where selling less than 20 million games across all their franchises would spell financial disaster for them. Its like a film studio that spends 100 million on a movie that only grosses 30 million in theaters.
Old 06-21-2013   #6
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs

(6740 days)
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphiel View Post
shh... wesker may be listening and I still have nightmares about being stalked by Nemesis.

but yeah, I agree that small and medium size development and publishing companies may come out on top in the end. Enormous companies like EA have gotten themselves into a situation where selling less than 20 million games across all their franchises would spell financial disaster for them. Its like a film studio that spends 100 million on a movie that only grosses 30 million in theaters.
As I hate the control sets in the RE games (whoever thought of no movement at the hips was a damned retard. Who spins on the spot to turn left or right?) I at least know who Nemesis is because I like watching video games as much as playing them.

But yes, that's a core problem with the current gaming industry, the constantly ballooning budgets, not just on game developments but also on the console and peripheral market is simply far too large to be sustainable or profitable. Part of this, is the gamers fault, for being needy greedy and effectively demanding the prettiest thing they ever did lay eyes on and part is their own expectations for the game being far too "grand" which you only need to see FF XIII Versus into FFXV of drastically inefficient resources on a single game and time = money as much as effort = money and all that has to = profit.
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote