Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Gaming Sector > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming For the discussion of games from Atari to Zynga.

Old 06-19-2013   #1
Administrator Overlord
Zelphiel
恐がる

(6790 days)
Threads: 1285
Style: Darkfire
Mood: O.o;;
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 6 day

Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
Send a message via AIM to Zelphiel Send a message via Yahoo to Zelphiel
Evolution Championship Series 2013

anyone watching this live when it happens? also CEO 2013 is next weekend in case any of the fighting fans have forgotten.

any picks to win in the games being played?
Old 06-19-2013   #2
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(6337 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
This is EVO, right? Last year's was amazing, so I'll be all over this year, even if I haven't recently played much of the games they'll be playing. I also dunno how one can even manage to top last year's KOF.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013   #3
Administrator Overlord
Zelphiel
恐がる

(6790 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 6 day

Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
yep. EVO the one and only.

yeah... team Mexico surprised the hell out of me in KoF teams last year. I've been watching EVO since 2003 and it pretty much gets more and more hype every year, so I will guarantee some excitement.

The list of games that are being featured in the main tournament are...
(for those that don't want to take the time to look it up)

-Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
-Super Street Fighter 4 AE 2012
-Tekken Tag Tournament 2
-Mortal Kombat 9
-Street Fighter X Tekken 2013
-The King of Fighters XIII
-Persona 4 Arena
-Super Smash Bros Melee (added due to donations to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation)
-Injustice: Gods Among Us

However, if you browse through twitch during the tournament you will find that people are streaming pretty much every good fighting game that wasn't in the main tournament. There were even people playing some very obscure fighters last year like Astra Superstars and the Rumble Fish during casuals.
Old 06-19-2013   #4
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(6337 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
SSB I'm all over, gonna be wild to see the series I've loved since a kid played on a pro level. But I missed the Persona 4 train and havent kept up with it, and I havent played much KoF since Tessa cancelled her XBL susbscription, though we did play again a week or so ago. The rest of them I never really had interest in. I'll be looking for a Blazblue stream, though - that's still my fighter of choice.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013   #5
Administrator Overlord
Zelphiel
恐がる

(6790 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 6 day

did u ever get a PS3? I've been looking for someone to play KoFXIII and Continuum Shift Extend with for a while.

Ideally I would like to get a 360 and get all my fighting games on it instead. It drops less frames during gameplay with a lot of games (UMvC3 in particular) and the FGC is bigger on it.
Old 06-19-2013   #6
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(5498 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Dammit, man, I was gonna make the EVO topic with streams and everything. ;.;

But yeah, I always watch EVO. Last year's was pretty fucking insane and I'm hoping something like the KoF finals or the SC5 finals happens again. Man that KoF final last year was fucking tits. I am curious to see Injustice because as much as I love MK, I could not get into Injustice at all. Though I do hope someone uses Hawkgirl because she was my main.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013   #7
Administrator Overlord
Zelphiel
恐がる

(6790 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 6 day

Injustice is a very entertaining game to watch even if its just friends playing. I'm sure with the high level play that will be going on there it will be pretty hype.

UMvC3 will be the only one that I try to watch from start to finish on all 3 days though. I just don't want Chris G to win... even if there is a good chance that he will. I want my boy Yipes to win, but I'm pretty sure it will come down to PR Balrog and Chris G on that game. Zak Bennet from the UK and a Chilean player named Kaneblueriver would also be in the front running to win since Zak has one of the best Dormammu's in the world and Kane is just... pure badassness. He embarassingly defeated a lot of the top players at NoCal Regionals with Hulk/Sent/Haggar.

For SSF4 AE2012 I'm putting everything on either Dieminion or K-Brad to win. Infiltration is good... but I don't want the Street Fighter finals to be the day of 1000 Shun Goku Satsu's again like last year.

those are the only games I closely follow during every major of the year... but other predictions...

KoFXIII - Korea Wins
TTT2 - Korea Wins
Mortal Kombat - some MLG jackass will win (no offense MLG fans )
Persona 4 - Japan Wins
Melee - Never followed it at all. No idea which country has the best players in it.
Injustice - Don't follow it closely. No idea yet. I'm trying to catch up on previous majors with this game.
SFxT - I want PR Rog and Ricky Ortiz on a team again.

I follow this stuff like people do with Basketball and march madness, lol.

if anyone wants me to link them to some really phenomenal matches or stream uploads just let me know. I have an archive of a lot of stuff from the past year and a half (mostly street fighter and marvel but I have others too).
Old 06-19-2013   #8
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(5498 days)
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
I want to watch Marvel just so I can see Frankie Gomez/Frankie G. I went to school with him. Beat him in Soul Cal 5. Dude is kind of an ass.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Old 06-20-2013   #9
Administrator Overlord
Zelphiel
恐がる

(6790 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 6 day

Dante player in UMvC3? I think I remember some uploads on teamspookys channel with him.
Old 06-20-2013   #10
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(5498 days)
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

When last I saw him around campus, he was playing a Dante/Wesker/Vergil team.

Dunno if he still does.