Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Main Sector > Coffee House > Music and Entertainment

Notices

Music and Entertainment Discuss music, movies, television, and other forms of entertainment besides videogames here.
Thread Description: Yes, you read that correctly.

Old 08-11-2012   #1
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(5237 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Insane Clown Posse plans to sue the F.B.I.

Source

Quote:
Every year, the FBI releases its National Gang Threat Assessment List, which examines "emerging gang trends and threats posed by criminal gangs and communities throughout the United States." In 2011, Juggalos were added to the list. You already know about Juggalos, those zany, slap-happy, face-painted faygo-swillers who have made the Insane Clown Posse their religion. Well, now they're all members of a criminal gang, and Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope from ICP are gang leaders.

Well, ICP is about to start fighting back, and they're reacting by suing the FBI. Let me say that again and make it clearer. Insane Clown Posse is suing the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Last night, I was chilling with Joseph Bruce, AKA Violent J of ICP, in his bus at the 13th annual Gathering Of The Juggalos (I'm so happy I get to write that—thanks, VICE!). He told me that "ICP is going to do something huge for our fans, and the world. We're suing the FBI to be taken off their list. They're trying to kill our band, and we have to fight back."

In the weeks leading up to this year's Gathering of the Juggalos, ICP's attorneys warned that "there's no telling what's gonna happen at the Gathering this year. This is the first time we had the festival now that we're a 'gang.' According to the FBI, we're all at a gang rally, and our merchandise is gang apparel."

Although currently only considered a gang in four states, law enforcement in 21 states have identified and logged criminal Juggalo subsets. In those states, if an ICP fan is on probation, and he or she wears an ICP hat to a parole meeting, that's a violation of probation for wearing gang apparel.

"Let's get this straight," he continued, "a Juggalo is not a gang member. Consider a Juggalo that, 15 years ago, got a hatchet man tattoo or something. Now they've got a family, they're working in real estate or something, and they're driving home and get a speeding ticket. Next thing you know, he's in the gang file, and that will be taken into consideration in any trial. Suddenly, it ain't just somebody who fucked up, it's a gang member who fucked up, and they're getting a heavier sentence."

Violent J explained how the FBI's ruling has affected ICP's business in a major way: "When we made that list, stores like Hot Topic stopped carrying our shit because they don't want to be selling gang apparel."

"This lawsuit isn't just for the fans. It's also for the good people who work at Psychopathic Records. There are 30 employees. Some of these people started off when we were 18 years old, but now some of them have been working here for 20 years. That's their career now. They have kids, and wives, and husbands. Next thing you know, they're working for a gang."

Yeah, these guys are really displaying gang behavior in their song about being bros

Whoop Whoop

No but for real, I may not like ICP's music but Shaggy and Violent J seem like cool dudes and some of the nicest people I've met were Juggalos so the FBI is kind of cray.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #2
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(6076 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
That's it, I give up.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #3
Goldiroxxor
Mon Collie Knight

(6348 days)
Threads: 1415
Style: Smoke
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 5 day

Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Welp better start making goths gangs too, and every other trend dressing followers of any specific band or genre.
Goldiroxxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #4
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs

(6484 days)
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Pony gang, youse all gonna get arrested! The chickens shall rule this coop!
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012   #5
Irving1992
Katon! Goukakyuu No Justu!

(5162 days)
Threads: 127
Style: Darkfire
Mood: Peaks and Valleys
Time spent on board:
1 month 0 week 4 day

Irving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimen
Irving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimen
Send a message via AIM to Irving1992 Send a message via Yahoo to Irving1992
You'll find gangs associated with just about anything nowadays. I have seen some Juggalo ones but trying to generalize them all is really stupid. It's like saying all Muslims are terrorists.

Irving1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #6
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(6085 days)
Threads: 1532
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irving1992 View Post
It's like saying all Muslims are terrorists.
Really..? I thought they all were, and that they wanted to blow us all up.

I gues I can stop crossing the street before I run into them then, and avoiding them in general.

Really tho, do the FBI have any efidence to suggest that Juggalos are gang criminals? If they do, then they could argue they belong on that list at least.
Old 09-20-2012   #7
Irving1992
Katon! Goukakyuu No Justu!

(5162 days)
Threads: 127
Style: Darkfire
Mood: Peaks and Valleys
Time spent on board:
1 month 0 week 4 day

Irving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimen
Irving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimen
Send a message via AIM to Irving1992 Send a message via Yahoo to Irving1992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima View Post
Really..? I thought they all were, and that they wanted to blow us all up.
I really hope you're fucking kidding, dude. Because that's incredibly fucking racist.

Irving1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #8
T1000416
Obertausendkämpfer

(6239 days)
Threads: 109
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: I'm pretty comfortable
Time spent on board:
2 week 0 day 9 hour

T1000416 is a star, a bright shining star!
T1000416 is a star, a bright shining star!T1000416 is a star, a bright shining star!T1000416 is a star, a bright shining star!T1000416 is a star, a bright shining star!T1000416 is a star, a bright shining star!T1000416 is a star, a bright shining star!T1000416 is a star, a bright shining star!T1000416 is a star, a bright shining star!T1000416 is a star, a bright shining star!T1000416 is a star, a bright shining star!T1000416 is a star, a bright shining star!T1000416 is a star, a bright shining star!T1000416 is a star, a bright shining star!
Send a message via AIM to T1000416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irving1992 View Post
I really hope you're fucking kidding, dude. Because that's incredibly fucking racist.
I'm pretty sure it was a joke. And I laughed at it
Old 09-21-2012   #9
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(6085 days)
Threads: 1532
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Send a message via MSN to Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1000416 View Post
I'm pretty sure it was a joke. And I laughed at it
It was of course, that is why the last line started with "really tho"
Old 10-16-2012   #10
Seraph Zero
Starkfeldherr

(6266 days)
Threads: 19
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Introspective
Time spent on board:
1 week 2 day 21 hour

Seraph Zero is truly an inspiration to allSeraph Zero is truly an inspiration to allSeraph Zero is truly an inspiration to allSeraph Zero is truly an inspiration to allSeraph Zero is truly an inspiration to allSeraph Zero is truly an inspiration to allSeraph Zero is truly an inspiration to all
Seraph Zero is truly an inspiration to allSeraph Zero is truly an inspiration to allSeraph Zero is truly an inspiration to allSeraph Zero is truly an inspiration to allSeraph Zero is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Seraph Zero Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph Zero
Meh, most of the Juggalos I've met are the worst kinds of dregs. I'm not crying about the FBI's move here. ICP suing back is awfully amusing, though. I'd like to see how this plays out...

Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Seraph Zero is offline   Reply With Quote