Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Gaming Sector > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News For discussing news and information about gaming.

Old 08-06-2008   #1
Hobo Moderator
Kaffee
Urban Legend

(6863 days)
Threads: 2777
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: 40 is the new 20....maybe not
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 4 day

Kaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Kaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Kaffee Send a message via Yahoo to Kaffee
Blizzard: No Plans to Change Diablo III Art Style

Quote:
Blizzard: No Plans to Change Diablo III Art Style
08.05.08 - 12:19 AM

Following the revelation of Diablo III in June at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational event in Paris, France, a lot of fans complained about the game's new art direction. In fact, the sentiment became so prevalent that an online petition sprung up. The petition managed to garner over 50,000 signatures in a short period of time, which caused many to believe that Blizzard would go back to the drawing board.

This week, however, Diablo III's lead designer, Jay Wilson, posted a blog stating that his team is happy with the new art direction for Diablo III. According to Wilson, the game has progressed too far in its development for any major artistic changes to take place. Wilson had other reasons for his team's decision to adopt a new colorful art palette for the upcoming sequel. He believes that the traditionally dark and gothic art style of the first two Diablo titles would not look as good in the new game's fully three-dimensional environments. He also contends that said darker art style, when it does appear in 3D titles, tends to appear in shorter games like Gears of War.

Wilson also had a statement in regards to allegations that Diablo III had adopted an art style similar to World of Warcraft:

"I think it's impossible for us to not be influenced by our other creations... there’s a lot of back and forth between the two games, and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. We look at World of Warcraft and the art style there is more cartoony than we wanted, but in terms of target identification and having a world that feels like you can move through it and spend lots of time in it, there's a lot of elements to the art style that really work. We wanted an art style that really feels like Blizzard. And we pull new influences from a lot of areas. I think people over-emphasize the World of Warcraft comparison. But are we influenced by World of Warcraft? Of course. As I think anyone who makes games nowadays, they have to be."

wow, it looked alright to me.

"Be regular and orderly in your life, that you may be violent and original in your work."
Clive Barker
Kaffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #2
RazorandBlade
Tis' but a scratch!

(5549 days)
Threads: 32
Style: Ocean Shoals
Mood: Tired.
Time spent on board:
3 day 6 hour 38 min

RazorandBlade is a star, a bright shining star!RazorandBlade is a star, a bright shining star!RazorandBlade is a star, a bright shining star!
RazorandBlade is a star, a bright shining star!RazorandBlade is a star, a bright shining star!
Send a message via AIM to RazorandBlade
I think people forget the reason the original diablo's were so gothicly dark, was partly because computers couldnt push "Amazing graphics" like nowadays, hey they have a seriously good game on their hands and they want to show it off more by better graphics, I cant blame them.
RazorandBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #3
Hobo Moderator
Kaffee
Urban Legend

(6863 days)
Threads: 2777
Mood: 40 is the new 20....maybe not
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 4 day

Kaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Kaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Kaffee Send a message via Yahoo to Kaffee
I've not played but a little of the series. I think the game looks fine.

"Be regular and orderly in your life, that you may be violent and original in your work."
Clive Barker
Kaffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #4
Night
PM

(6531 days)
Threads: 56
Mood: Moods are for emo kids
Time spent on board:
2 week 5 day 4 hour

Night is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to all
Night is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to allNight is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to Night Send a message via MSN to Night
The argument isn't that the game doesn't look good, only that it isn't as gothic as the others.

Which is a blatant truth, but those of us without a stick labeled "Fanboyism" in our asses don't really mind.
Old 08-10-2008   #5
Administrator Overlord
Zelphiel
恐がる

(6943 days)
Threads: 1285
Style: Darkfire
Mood: O.o;;
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 6 day

Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
Send a message via AIM to Zelphiel Send a message via Yahoo to Zelphiel
people will bitch at the slightest bit of change.

just look at the needless complaining about street fighter 4's character designs.

as long as it looks remotely good and fits in at least somewhat it's fine. the game itself is the most important part.
Old 08-27-2008   #6
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(6499 days)
Threads: 1532
Style: Smoke
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
I played Diablo II on Bnet for like 2 years and loved all of it for the most part.

I am not sure if I will pick this game up or not but the art doesn't bother me.