Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Gaming Sector > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming For the discussion of games from Atari to Zynga.

Old 09-12-2013   #1
Rain
Hwa Rang

(2491 days)
Threads: 18
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Good
Time spent on board:
13 h 45 min 3 sec

Rain is on the border of good and evil
Video Game Disappointments

Have you ever bought a game that you were psyched to play only to be disappointed by it? For me it had to be FF X. I did not care for the sphere system of leveling up or Blitz Ball. Have you ever been disappointed in a game?
Old 09-12-2013   #2
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4731 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
I've been disappointed many times with games.

Metal Gear Solid 4. I had played the first act of the game at a friend's house back before I had a PS3. We were there to play Gears of War or something because it was his birthday and that was an excuse to get people together and play games all night. Well I saw that he had MGS 4 and I was like "Yo fuck Gears, can I play this instead?" and I did. I thought the first act was fucking great, I was loving it. Then I got a PS3 and a copy of MGS 4 for myself and played it and oh man that game. That fucking game.

Persona 4. Don't misinterpret this, I still like Persona 4. But after the pretty much perfection that was all of Persona 3, Persona 4 was just a disappointment because I dunno, I didn't much care for the story or most of the main cast. Any game where they force a cloyingly sweet kid on you makes me angry. I hate little kids. Don't put them in your games.

Fallout 3. It's not a good Fallout game.

Skyrim. It's not a good game.

Dragon Age 2. It was around this point that I really started to drop my fan-boy appreciation for BioWare.

Catherine. I was really excited for this game. I thought it would bring the storytelling that Atlus does mixed in with some quirky gameplay. Instead we got a game where the story is crap and even more crap thanks to the ending reveal and where the only interesting character is Erica and even then only because Atlus is one of the few developers that will put in a character like that and not give a fuck while also not playing it for laughs. Given the whole recent trend of 'gender roles' and 'feminisim' in games, you'd think Erica would be, like, a shining example of how to do shit right.

Diablo 3. I thought it would be like Diablo 2. It was instead literal shit in a box.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #3
Rain
Hwa Rang

(2491 days)
Time spent on board:
13 h 45 min 3 sec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapplecrack View Post
I've been disappointed many times with games.

Metal Gear Solid 4. I had played the first act of the game at a friend's house back before I had a PS3. We were there to play Gears of War or something because it was his birthday and that was an excuse to get people together and play games all night. Well I saw that he had MGS 4 and I was like "Yo fuck Gears, can I play this instead?" and I did. I thought the first act was fucking great, I was loving it. Then I got a PS3 and a copy of MGS 4 for myself and played it and oh man that game. That fucking game.

Persona 4. Don't misinterpret this, I still like Persona 4. But after the pretty much perfection that was all of Persona 3, Persona 4 was just a disappointment because I dunno, I didn't much care for the story or most of the main cast. Any game where they force a cloyingly sweet kid on you makes me angry. I hate little kids. Don't put them in your games.

Fallout 3. It's not a good Fallout game.

Skyrim. It's not a good game.

Dragon Age 2. It was around this point that I really started to drop my fan-boy appreciation for BioWare.

Catherine. I was really excited for this game. I thought it would bring the storytelling that Atlus does mixed in with some quirky gameplay. Instead we got a game where the story is crap and even more crap thanks to the ending reveal and where the only interesting character is Erica and even then only because Atlus is one of the few developers that will put in a character like that and not give a fuck while also not playing it for laughs. Given the whole recent trend of 'gender roles' and 'feminisim' in games, you'd think Erica would be, like, a shining example of how to do shit right.

Diablo 3. I thought it would be like Diablo 2. It was instead literal shit in a box.
Hi Snapplecrack.
They just don't make them like they used to. I've played many retro titles that in my opinion, were better than most current ones. Maybe not in graphics and stuff, but playability.
Graphics are certainly amazing in today's titles, but for me I find retro titles awesome in their simplicity. It's good to meet you by the way.
Old 09-12-2013   #4
MacAtac
Like A Boss

(5787 days)
Threads: 107
Style: Smoke
Mood: Bangable.
Time spent on board:
1 month 0 week 3 day

MacAtac is a magnificent specimenMacAtac is a magnificent specimen
MacAtac is a magnificent specimenMacAtac is a magnificent specimenMacAtac is a magnificent specimen
I, like SnappleCrack, have had many disappointments.

The Getaway; I got it for my birthday from my brother and he wouldn't stop apologizing for the badness of it. I didn't care, it was the thought that counted.

Duke Nukem Forever; just a pile of shit.

Red Faction Armageddon; It's like a puzzle game and not a shooter. Should have given it another title and not thrown my favorite childhood game's franchise down the crapper.

Halo 3; too much drama, not very good.

Halo 4; firing a magazine from my primany rifle and THEN having to melee the same enemy gets really fucking old. Dig?

I'll think of more.
MacAtac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #5
Rain
Hwa Rang

(2491 days)
Time spent on board:
13 h 45 min 3 sec

I forgot to mention MK Armageddon. It was cool that you could pick from all of the characters past and present, but the endings sucked ass. All you got was some stupid little paragraph about the character you beat it with. There is absolutely no reason why they couldn't have made some better cinematic endings for all the hard work the player put in.
Old 09-12-2013   #6
MacAtac
Like A Boss

(5787 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 0 week 3 day

MacAtac is a magnificent specimenMacAtac is a magnificent specimenMacAtac is a magnificent specimen
How did I forget MGS4? I haven't beat it yet, but I will.
Old 09-12-2013   #7
Rain
Hwa Rang

(2491 days)
Time spent on board:
13 h 45 min 3 sec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
How did I forget MGS4? I haven't beat it yet, but I will.
Spoken like a true gamer!
Old 09-12-2013   #8
MacAtac
Like A Boss

(5787 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 0 week 3 day

**SPOILERS AHOOOOOY**

So I got to the point where the nanomachines are destroyed and I beat Liquid (I liked that sequence quite a bit) but I had to go do a family thing so I left it paused... well, the console shut itself down so I'm afraid when I turn it back on I'll have to go through it all again. It's just a big fucking "FFFUUUUUU" moment.
Old 09-12-2013   #9
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5570 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapplecrack View Post
I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS AND YOU'VE BEEN FIGHTING ME ON IT.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #10
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4731 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvl View Post
I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS AND YOU'VE BEEN FIGHTING ME ON IT.

I GREW UP, MAN. IT HAPPENS.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote