Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Main Sector > Coffee House > News

Notices

News Discuss events in the "real" world here.

Old 09-28-2011   #1
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4737 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Dress made of cow nipples not very amoosing.

Quote:
In a controversial move, UK fashion designer Rachel Freire has revealed a dress made entirely of cow nipples, which she is set to showcase at Paris Fashion Week.

The news has sparked outrage amongst animal activist groups who argue that the dress is unnecessary and cruel, with Viva animal rights activist Justin Kerswell asking, "Isn't the way we treat farmed animals bad enough without turning their dead bodies into a runway freakshow?"

UK Labour MP Kerry McCarthy described the dress as "absolutely grotesque," adding, "I think most people will find it sickening and repulsive."

However, Freire defended her actions by saying she was "simply recycling" and the experience of creating the dress had made her "aware of the animal itself".

"I create fashion using material that would otherwise end up on the scrap heap. What I am doing is recycling. The people criticising are clearly clueless about the amount of leather wasted on a daily basis."

Comprised of 3,000 cow and yak nipples, the dress has been likened to Lady Gaga's controversial meat dress from earlier this year, which the singer argued was a representation of free will.

"As you know, I am the most judgement-free human being on the earth. If we don't stand up for what we believe in and don't stand up for our rights, pretty soon we're going to have as much rights as the meat on our bones," said Gaga at the time.

How udderly fantastic.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #2
Irving1992
Katon! Goukakyuu No Justu!

(4662 days)
Threads: 127
Style: Darkfire
Mood: Peaks and Valleys
Time spent on board:
1 month 0 week 4 day

Irving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimen
Irving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimen
Send a message via AIM to Irving1992 Send a message via Yahoo to Irving1992
That's just fucking gross.

Irving1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #3
Deimho
Deja Vu :o

(3308 days)
Threads: 1
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Happy, if not a lil tired
Time spent on board:
2 day 22 hour 33 min

Deimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fast
I'd be interested to see it... Can't imagine it's nice though.
Old 09-29-2011   #4
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4737 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
I have the photo. But decided againt posting it.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #5
Deimho
Deja Vu :o

(3308 days)
Threads: 1
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Happy, if not a lil tired
Time spent on board:
2 day 22 hour 33 min

Deimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fast
Just had a look, it's not even a nice dress, what a waste... Poor cows
Old 09-30-2011   #6
Dark Luther
Jackal...

(5721 days)
Threads: 464
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Casually shell shocked.....
Time spent on board:
2 week 5 day 9 hour

Dark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Dark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Dark Luther
Does anyone else remember the wolf nipple chips from Monty Python...?

I won't die I won't go away I'll always be here
no good asking me I won't speak

no words sitting alone night in my hut eyes closed hands open
wisps of an unknown face

hear the cruel no-answer until blood drips down
beat your head against the wall of it

we're lost where the mind can't find us
utterly lost

- Ikkyū
Dark Luther is offline   Reply With Quote