Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Gaming Sector > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming For the discussion of games from Atari to Zynga.

Old 09-26-2011   #1
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4737 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
The Battle of Evermore: A Work in Progress

Recently in some topic we, as in some members of the forums, joked around about people being in a party, JRPG style. It was all in good fun.

But like all things fun, someone has to take a joke too far.

That someone is me.

And so, using my ineptitude at everything that isn't making fun of anime and video games and acting like an ass, I decided to boot up RPG Maker and try to actually make an RPG. Starring the members of EF.

This is a terrible idea and I am glad I thought of it.

Now, let's meet the heroes.

Yvl

Yvl is the protagonist, duh. He is just a regular guy who, while visiting his friend, finds himself getting involved in a quest to save the world. Since he is the protagonist, he has fairly average statistics across the board, but this is offset by being able to equip every melee weapon there is. He has an affinity for the ice element and along with melee skills he learns a few ice spells. His class is 'Moderator' because 'Figher' is so old school.

Lades

Lades is Yvl's friend and is way more competent than Yvl in every possible way. I don't want to spoil anything, but Lades is the Obi Wan to Yvl's Luke Skywalker. Or, using a more appropriate metaphor, he is the RPG mentor guy that something bad happens to early on. Which is why he is at a way higher level and has a bunch of high level skills and equipment from the get go. His class is 'Admin' which means he can do just about everything.

Kimiko

Kimiko is the female lead (who is obsessed with taking over the role of protagonist) and the first party member Yvl encounters. She is reluctant to join but upon discovering that the EVIL PLOT involves the eradication of her favorite past time, she decides to hero up. Using her knowledge of video games she proves to have a grasp of the situation better than Yvl. Her class is 'Gamer' which is kind of like a rogue. She has average SP and health, but her real strength is her dexterity and ranged abilities. Her affinity is 'thunder' (or lightning, whatever) because years of playing video games have made her immune to such childish things as static electricity from consoles. In addition to thunder magic, she learns skills that make her more effective against certain enemy types.

Holly

No one really knows why Holly was overseas at the time of the Evil Plot Event, but the Evil Plot Event leaves her stranded in a strange land where people have accents and crisps are called chips. Holly is an optional party member. Optional in the sense that upon meeting her, Yvl has the choice of allowing her to tag along. She joins at level 1 and has the lowest starting stats out of the group, but she makes up for it by being able to use every elemental ability except for light and darkness. Though she is able to use every element, she is not adept in any of them. She does have the second highest SP score out of any character, though. Her class is 'Unknown' but she's really just the mage. That's right, the mage is optional. Deal with it.

Saph

Saph comes from the feral lands of 'Nada', a land that Yvl and the party know nothing about but believe to be full of savages and brutes. So they treat Saph's strange affinity for big words and logical deductions as a big joke. Not to his face, of course. That's just mean. Saph's class is 'Canadian' and it's basically an archer. Except Saph's main role in combat isn't dishing out damage but buffing and debuffing. His elemental affinity is wind and outside of his requisite wind abilities his usefulness lies in making the enemy easier to kill and the party harder to kill. His 'Confuse' ability has a 50/50 chance of hitting the party as well. It's not his fault, though, it's the language barrier.

Tessa

Holy shit Tessa! ...is what Yvl says when he sees her fighting a random enemy the first time. He says this because Tessa is the strongest party member. Why? Cuz she is. That's why. She kind of forces her way into the party for no reason other than the fact that she has nothing better to do anyway. Her class is 'Tessa's Class' because I am not clever. She has the highest HP and Strength stat in the party, but her SP and Speed stat are low. Her elemental affinity is earth but she learns no spells, instead her skills are all about doing as much damage to the enemy as possible.

Raist

Raist doesn't want to be in your stupid party. But he joins anyway because the plot demands it. That doesn't mean he has to like it. He constantly harps on the plans Yvl comes up with but goes along with them anyway just to say "Told you so" when the plans inevitably go wrong. He's the fan favorite character and also has the most fan art. There is a lot of Yvl x Raist yaoi art out there too. But none of this bothers Raist who thinks this whole thing is stupid. His class is 'Wild Card' and he's basically the cleric because someone has to save Yvl's dumb ass. He learns the healing spells and the light element spells and has the highest SP and Intelligent stats in the party. But the rest of his stats suck. Oh, and he can equip maces because sometimes a cleric needs to hit something.

There are more party members coming, but I haven't made them yet. But hey, join me next time as I take you through the first area of the game!

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #2
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(6026 days)
Threads: 1789
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 3 week 1 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
I don't wanna die so early. I've been around longer than any of you on EF!
Old 09-26-2011   #3
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(5263 days)
Threads: 315
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Butter Chicken
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to Snips Send a message via MSN to Snips
You know me so well - I play the buffer role a LOT n these games.

And the descriptions cracked me up to no end. I' looking forward to more of this!
Old 09-26-2011   #4
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5576 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
Saph comes from the feral lands of 'Nada', a land that Yvl and the party know nothing about but believe to be full of savages and brutes.
Ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
Raist doesn't want to be in your stupid party. But he joins anyway because the plot demands it.
My god this is so true.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #5
Kurbee
Dur Almightah

(5823 days)
Threads: 476
Style: Smoke
Mood: Pink
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 2 day

Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Kurbee Send a message via MSN to Kurbee Send a message via Yahoo to Kurbee
This looks very interesting.
cant wait to see more.

And lol at the descriptions being dead on.
Kurbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #6
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs

(5984 days)
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
TBF I stopped reading after the first word because I saw sidescrolling postbit because droog is a lazy bastard.

So I'm assuming he's using RPGmaker to add people in to try and make some manner of game that'll fail dismally like all the other attempts that have been made and like a majority of them "ya'll go get fucked ya hear"
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #7
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(5263 days)
Threads: 315
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Butter Chicken
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to Snips Send a message via MSN to Snips
RPG Maker does take a lot of work and testing to make an actual good game, this is true. BUT, no one said he has to make a full game. For all we know he could just program text for funny cutscenes and put it on a different sample map and we'd never know the difference because we're not the ones playing it.

BUT! RPG maker is fun as hell to work with, so I wish him the best of luck if he does decide to work on this as an actual project, and I'll even offer my services to playtest.
Old 09-27-2011   #8
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs

(5984 days)
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips View Post
RPG Maker does take a lot of work and testing to make an actual good game, this is true. BUT, no one said he has to make a full game. For all we know he could just program text for funny cutscenes and put it on a different sample map and we'd never know the difference because we're not the ones playing it.
Executables are a wondrous things, as are dlls, look at something like Last Scenario or Exit Fate and see the wonder of distribution to a target audience with some bloke in a shed making a game.

Also

Quote:
I decided to boot up RPG Maker and try to actually make an RPG
Indicates an attempt to make a game, considering the G stands for game, unless it means gummy and he's making sweet for everyone naive enough to buy into the effort.

Quote:
BUT! RPG maker is fun as hell to work with, so I wish him the best of luck if he does decide to work on this as an actual project, and I'll even offer my services to playtest.
So that would mean you get the first batch of lollypops, aren't you just precious. But hey, services to playtest, must be a tough industry to crack that online friend gaming sector to have services in, does this mean he has to pay you for it?

And yes, I'm shitty because droog doesn't know how to use a fucking thumbnail or edit a screen shot it appears. But obviously he'll know how to make a decent game.
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #9
Deimho
Deja Vu :o

(3308 days)
Threads: 1
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Happy, if not a lil tired
Time spent on board:
2 day 22 hour 33 min

Deimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fastDeimho is gaining popularity fast
From the little I've seen of everyone, the descriptions seem quite close, very good, I look forward to more story
Old 09-27-2011   #10
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4737 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Little View Post
And yes, I'm shitty because droog doesn't know how to use a fucking thumbnail or edit a screen shot it appears. But obviously he'll know how to make a decent game.

I know how to do it. I chose not to do so because I so enjoy making you angry.

Also I have made a game in RPG Maker before. It wasn't exactly amazing or long, but I know my way around the interface and shit.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote