Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Gaming Sector > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News For discussing news and information about gaming.

Old 06-10-2013   #1
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4731 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
E3 2013 Highlights

So today marked the start of E3 press conferences which marked the start of E3 week. What makes this E3 special is that we are entering a new console generation so of course those were expected to be at the forefront.

The console wars started again today.

I will summarize the four conferences today. I will be as unbiased as possible.

MICROSOFT

-Metal Gear Solid 5 was shown first. David Hayter is not voicing Snake anymore. It is about Big Boss rescuing Master Miller and child soldiers. They showed a solid (get it?) six minute trailer. Said trailer had literal Final Fantasy characters.

MGS 5 Demo

Though I think MGS 5 is a silly idea, I admit the trailer looks pretty cool. Not an Xbone exclusive.

-Microsoft is copying Playstation Plus (badly) by giving Gold members two free games a month. No, you can't pick the games. The first ones offered are Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo 3.

-World of Tanks, that free to play PC game, is coming to the 360.

-Minecraft is coming to Xbone. But not the PC Minecraft. The 360 version. They are porting a console port.

-Dead Rising 3 for Xbone. Has none of the campy charm of the first two. But it does have airstrikes.

Dead Rising 3 demo

-The Witcher 3 coming to Xbone. Would rather play it on the PC. But at least it still looks good.

-Game DVR with Twitch partnership.

-Killer Instinct returns. Not made by Rare.

-Dark Souls 2.

-Battlefield 4.

-A Halo for the Xbone. Not called Halo 5 but it is probably Halo 5.

-D4, an episodic game from Swery, the creator of Deadly Premonition.

-Ryse: Son of Rome is an Xbone launch title that is literally "press x to kill" in action game form.

Ryse demo

-No more Microsoft points. Real money instead.

-New Panzer Dragoon-esque game called Crimson Dragon.

-Titanfall, the game from the former Infinity Ward guys, is a neat looking FPS/mech game.

-Xbone is out in November for $499.

EA

(All games are assumed for Xbone/PS4)

-Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare is a Call of Duty parody but in tower defense form.

-STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 3.

-New Need For Speed game that doesn't look very fast.

-Sports games.

-Dragon Age 3 brings back Morrigan.

-MIRROR'S EDGE 2

-MIRROR'S EDGE 2

Mirror's Edge 2 trailer

UBISOFT

-Aisha Tyler, returning hostess, bombed horrible. Wore a #girlwood t-shirt because memes.

-Splinter Cell: Blacklist had the worst trailer.

Blacklist trailer

-Watch_Dogs played that leaked trailer that leaked. Still looks pretty.

Watch_Dogs

-Rayman Legends should've been out now. Thanks, WiiU.

-Some stupid interactive kids show starring the Rabbids.

-Assassin's Creed 4 now with Sigur Ros and Canadian indie rock.

AC4 Sigur Ros trailer

Half Moon Run trailer

Yes, they showed TWO trailers for AC4 and NO GAMEPLAY.

Ubisoft had this thing where they didn't show, like, any gameplay. Just trailers.

-The Division looks like Defiance but Tom Clancy.

The Division

SONY

-FFX/X-2 HD REMAKE (BUT YOU KNEW THIS)

-The Last of Us (OUT FRIDAY, FUCKERS!)

-Beyond: Two Souls now has Willem Dafoe and is also about the military now?

Beyond: Two Souls trailer

-Gran Turismo 6, filling the "Every conference needs a racing game" hole

-GTA 5 PS3 bundle for those who still don't have a PS3

-Order 1886 for the PS4. Some steam punk werewolf shooter game?

The Order 1886

-All those PS4 games announced at the PS4 reveal? Still coming to the PS4.

-A metric shitton of indie games, including a new Oddworld.

-Diablo 3 for PS3 and PS4. Boo.

-Kingdom Hearts 3.

Kingdom Hearts 3

-Final Fantasy Versus 13 is now

-FINAL FANTASY 15

AND IT IS EXCLUSIVE

(I THINK)

FINAL FANTASY 15

-Assassin's Creed 4 gameplay demo literally froze up

-Watch_Dogs gameplay

-Elder Scrolls Online for PS4.

-Fallout 4....I lied. It's a Mad Max game.

-PS Plus is valid for all three Playstation consoles now.

-Multiplayer is PSN Plus only now...so no more free multiplayer.

-PS3 games can be purchased and streamed from the Gaikai cloud service.

-Absolutely no restrictions on sharing, trading, or selling PS4 games. No online verification. No "always-on" requirement.

How game sharing works on PS4

-PS4 LAUNCHES IN NOVEMBER FOR $399, A FULL $100 LESS THAN THE XBONE

This was the shortest console war yet.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013   #2
MacAtac
Like A Boss

(5787 days)
Threads: 107
Style: Smoke
Mood: Bangable.
Time spent on board:
1 month 0 week 3 day

MacAtac is a magnificent specimenMacAtac is a magnificent specimen
MacAtac is a magnificent specimenMacAtac is a magnificent specimenMacAtac is a magnificent specimen
Microsoft didn't stand a chance.

Thank you for the review. I need to look into all this.

New Max Payne?
MacAtac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013   #3
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4731 days)
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
There was no information about a new Max Payne that I saw. But E3 is still on-going so anything is possible.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Old 06-12-2013   #4
Kurbee
Dur Almightah

(5817 days)
Threads: 476
Mood: Pink
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 2 day

Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Kurbee Send a message via MSN to Kurbee Send a message via Yahoo to Kurbee
One of the weirdest things is that Kingdom Hearts III isn't exclusive. (FFXV isn't either, by the way).

I want to see gameplay of Sunset Overdrive, because that trailer looked cool.
As of now, I'm probably getting both consoles. If I can only get one, Sony has my money.
Kurbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #5
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4731 days)
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Given the quality of 13's 360 version...15 may as well be exclusive.

Yes, I know that means nothing. I'm just being anti-Xbox now.

Old 06-12-2013   #6
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(6020 days)
Threads: 1789
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 3 week 1 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Someone should post about that smart-ass MS response about "if you can't do online, we have a console for you... 360." Heard the video they posted on youtube ended up getting pulled due to the negative press it generated.
Old 06-12-2013   #7
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4731 days)
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

You mean this clip?

Old 06-12-2013   #8
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(6020 days)
Threads: 1789
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 3 week 1 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Yeah, that's the one.
Old 06-12-2013   #9
Kurbee
Dur Almightah

(5817 days)
Threads: 476
Mood: Pink
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 2 day

Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Kurbee Send a message via MSN to Kurbee Send a message via Yahoo to Kurbee
Supposedly, it got pulled by Viacom, because GameTrailers had the clip on THEIR youtube, but ya never know.
That was the most douchebag way to answer the question possible.
Kurbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #10
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5570 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Good ol Viacom. Don't ever change.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote