Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Gaming Sector > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming For the discussion of games from Atari to Zynga.

Old 04-10-2013   #1
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(5579 days)
Threads: 1532
Style: Smoke
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
Dark Souls 2 Gameplay Reveal coming.

I found this article on Ign.com. They curreently have 2 screens on this page.

Link - http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...-reveal-coming

Quote:
Dark Souls 2 Gameplay Reveal Coming

Check out these new screens and prepare to die all over again.

by Casey Lynch

April 10, 2013

In 2011, Dark Souls invaded our collective consciousness with its seemingly inscrutable challenge and irresistible combat.

Today, IGN will debut the world exclusive first look at Dark Souls II.

Come back today at 12PM PT/ 8PM BST for a 12-minute demo that reveals the first gameplay and includes an introduction to a number of new mechanics, dungeons, creatures, scenarios and combat. We will also have a video Q&A session, both of which feature FromSoftware director Yui Tanimura, and Namcobandai global producer, Tak Miyazoe, both hosted by IGN's Marty Sliva.

Until then, here's two screens to tide you over. Tell us what you think in the comments below, and tweet your thoughts to @IGN and @Lynchtacular with the hashtag #DarkSouls2.
I can't wait to watch it. I still need to play the dlc for Dark Souls 1. I made a 2nd character, but miracles, are weaker, and slower to get strong than my Pyromancer was so im still too weak to get to where I need to play the dlc. I am trying to only get to a level 100 so I can pvp in the arena in the dlc.

My 1st character is a lvl 151 Pyro, but got stuck on my 2nd playthrough battling Ornstein, and Smough.
Old 04-10-2013   #2
Kurbee
Dur Almightah

(5817 days)
Threads: 476
Mood: Pink
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 2 day

Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Kurbee Send a message via MSN to Kurbee Send a message via Yahoo to Kurbee
I've put way too much time into the first game, and am still not tired of it. Definitely one of my favorite games of all time.
Hope they don't fuck this one up.
Kurbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013   #3
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(5579 days)
Threads: 1532
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Send a message via MSN to Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurbee View Post
I've put way too much time into the first game, and am still not tired of it. Definitely one of my favorite games of all time.
Hope they don't fuck this one up.
I am playing my 2nd character again miracle/faith user, just to play the dlc. My 1st character was a Pyromancer made poorly, as I didn't know what to build him as so even at a level 151 and 137 hours of playtime he has a difficult time beating Ornstein and Smough on the 2nd playthrough.

I cant wait to join Sunlight covenant tho and start using lightning spear. Although with the new dlc my pyro with 50 int would be nice to have as then I can use all of the new spells from the dlc.
Old 04-12-2013   #4
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5570 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
From what I hear, they don't want to change too much (like the difficulty) in this game, because the director doesn't believe in re-imagining games mid-franchise - he'd just call it a different name if that were the case.

I also hear there will be enemies that expose their back for a sneak attack only to fall backwards on you and kill you oh god what

I'm still working on my first Dark Souls playthrough. Skyrim totally derailed me from it. I'm like right the fuck up at the end though.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013   #5
Kurbee
Dur Almightah

(5817 days)
Threads: 476
Mood: Pink
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 2 day

Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Kurbee Send a message via MSN to Kurbee Send a message via Yahoo to Kurbee
I really liked what I saw with the gameplay they released.
Kurbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013   #6
Irving1992
Katon! Goukakyuu No Justu!

(4656 days)
Threads: 127
Style: Darkfire
Mood: Peaks and Valleys
Time spent on board:
1 month 0 week 4 day

Irving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimen
Irving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimen
Send a message via AIM to Irving1992 Send a message via Yahoo to Irving1992
I'm super excited for this game. I've played Dark Souls so fucking much that my friends and I have actually developed a drinking game around it. It looks incredible on a graphics level (comparatively to DS1) and gameplay looks awesome. I made note of actual dual wielding mechanics in terms of actual combat (player did a double cross cut move), instead of "oh hey, I have a weapon in my left hand that I'm going to have that forgoes defense for no real bonuses".

I did notice however that during the demo when they were fighting the turtle enemies in the darkness, the player took a direct hit blocking with his TORCH and took little to no damage. I really hope that this was just a debug mode thing for the demo or it's just something they'll smooth out later.

Other than that I'm interested in future reveals as to what the story of the player is going to be (if it's completely custom as per DS1 or if you're playing as a specific character which is really going to piss me off), why wasn't humanity present (at least have a visible pool on screen), I want to see spell casting in action, and I REALLLY want to see some actual revealing of the story. One thing that I absolutely love about DS1 is the amount of lore and speculations revolving around the game, the community, to even between me and my roommate. Above all, I think that's the most important thing for me that's going to seal this game for me. Because if this becomes just "a fun game to play" but the story is absolute shit, then it'll just be Saints Row 3 all over again.

Irving1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013   #7
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4731 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvl View Post
I'm still working on my first Dark Souls playthrough.

Just stop when you get to Lost Izalith.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013   #8
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(6020 days)
Threads: 1789
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 3 week 1 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapplecrack View Post
Just stop when you get to Lost Izalith.
He already Losted the Izalith, except he hasn't killed the boss of there yet cuz that causes the pyromancy person in Blighttown to leave and that's bad if you aren't fully upgraded.
Old 04-14-2013   #9
Irving1992
Katon! Goukakyuu No Justu!

(4656 days)
Threads: 127
Style: Darkfire
Mood: Peaks and Valleys
Time spent on board:
1 month 0 week 4 day

Irving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimen
Irving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimenIrving1992 is a magnificent specimen
Send a message via AIM to Irving1992 Send a message via Yahoo to Irving1992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet Jades View Post
He already Losted the Izalith, except he hasn't killed the boss of there yet cuz that causes the pyromancy person in Blighttown to leave and that's bad if you aren't fully upgraded.
I thought Quelaana leaves when you've bought everything from her? Because killing Quelaag and the Bed of Chaos allows her to either give (or sell, I forget) the Chaos Storm pyromancy.

Irving1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013   #10
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(6020 days)
Threads: 1789
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 3 week 1 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irving1992 View Post
I thought Quelaana leaves when you've bought everything from her? Because killing Quelaag and the Bed of Chaos allows her to either give (or sell, I forget) the Chaos Storm pyromancy.
She gives it as a reward for beating Bed of Chaos, but she leaves after that, regardless of what (if anything) you've bought from her. Since she's the only NPC who can upgrade an ascended pyromancy glove (or ascend one to begin with), and the only one who sells the higher-level spells, losing her too soon can cripple someone who intended to rely heavily on pyromancy.

Fortunately, you do get one last chance to use her services, the first time you talk to her after killing BoC. After that, she just gives her "I've nothing more to give you" line without a prompt to shop or upgrade.