Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Gaming Sector > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News For discussing news and information about gaming.

Old 02-26-2012   #21
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5570 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsha View Post
Also, I said on the PS3. None of this DS shit.
Yeah, like I said, way too expensive to develop for the current gen. They would likely go out of business if they blindly released for the current gen, and then there would be no more SMT games ever. There's literally nothing wrong with the DS unless you care about graphics over gameplay.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #22
Sunsha
Ice Queen

(4869 days)
Threads: 2
Style: Ocean Shoals
Mood: Apathetic
Time spent on board:
16 h 41 min 16 sec

Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!
Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!
Send a message via MSN to Sunsha
They should care about what the fans want. Not cater to them perhaps but they should be trying to please them since that is where they get their money from.
Old 02-26-2012   #23
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5570 days)
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
You aren't all fans. Most of their fans are totally fine with low-budget releases. You're in the minority there.
Old 02-26-2012   #24
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4731 days)
Threads: 1261
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
They are pleasing them, though. People were satisfied with Atlus' recent releases.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #25
Sunsha
Ice Queen

(4869 days)
Threads: 2
Mood: Apathetic
Time spent on board:
16 h 41 min 16 sec

Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!
Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!Sunsha is a star, a bright shining star!
Send a message via MSN to Sunsha
I'll live with the ones coming out. Devil Survivor 2....must get.

I'm just saying I think a fighting game is a dumb idea unless they take characters from all the games.
Old 02-26-2012   #26
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5570 days)
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

That would be a ton more work, though. Better to start out focusing on a single game and a half, and slowly expand the roster and bring in characters from other parts of the SMT universe.
Old 03-02-2012   #27
Dark Luther
Jackal...

(5715 days)
Threads: 464
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Casually shell shocked.....
Time spent on board:
2 week 5 day 9 hour

Dark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Dark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanityDark Luther is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Dark Luther
I love persona, can't wait...

I won't die I won't go away I'll always be here
no good asking me I won't speak

no words sitting alone night in my hut eyes closed hands open
wisps of an unknown face

hear the cruel no-answer until blood drips down
beat your head against the wall of it

we're lost where the mind can't find us
utterly lost

- Ikkyū
Dark Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #28
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(5257 days)
Threads: 315
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Butter Chicken
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to Snips Send a message via MSN to Snips
The issue with all the games is that, due to the absurd variance in gameplay, balancing it in a way that makes sense and works would be... highly improbably.

Take the cast of Digital Devil Saga, for example. (My first SMT games.) Serph and crew transform into demons in battle. Compare to normal people summoning personas. Are you really going to try to say that Chie, for example, could go toe to toe with Heat? The Persona cast basically just summon to use skills, but the DDS crew are ALWAYS transformed. This would lead to some pretty wonked up balance... among other issues.

I'm not saying it can't work. It can. I'm just saying that it'd be freaking hard to find a balance. Naturally a demon would overpower a human, so you can't just make them relatively equal in power. So... what, then you balance it by making Persona User skills stronger to compensate for higher demon stats? But that leads into spamming skills, etc.

You see what I mean? There's no good way to make sense and balance a massive SMT crossover... in any genre.
Old 03-02-2012   #29
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4731 days)
Threads: 1261
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
It should be like Arcana Heart. You pick a dude and then pick a Persona.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #30
Embryo
Ungrateful Son of a Bitch

(4869 days)
Threads: 0
Style: Chrome
Time spent on board:
1 day 3 hour 1 min

Embryo is a star, a bright shining star!Embryo is a star, a bright shining star!
Embryo is a star, a bright shining star!Embryo is a star, a bright shining star!Embryo is a star, a bright shining star!Embryo is a star, a bright shining star!Embryo is a star, a bright shining star!Embryo is a star, a bright shining star!Embryo is a star, a bright shining star!Embryo is a star, a bright shining star!
A Shin Megami Tensei fighting game doesn't sound like a good thing. Still waiting on a Soul Hackers translation that will never come.

The roster doesn't even need to draw from the human cast in the first place, they could use any number of demons/personas from the plethora available.

Also, while I'm content with the low budget releases, especially Strange Journey, it would be nice if they would jump to a next gen console with a main series release. It's quite popular in Japan and they Atlus typically limits the amount of copies released in the US because it's fairly niche here.