Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Gaming Sector > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News For discussing news and information about gaming.

Old 06-20-2013   #11
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs

(5787 days)
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
It also assumes, like basically all DRM does, that you're a thieving bastard though. The problem being that even with the check in, if people were willing, it gave the perception that you are a thieving bastard who not only didn't pay for the game, but also walked into MS or the Devs studio and mugged them for the game, so they had to keep you under constant surveillance to ensure that you didn't degrade to your cheating thieving bastard ways.

Sure the "idea" had merit in that you could still share and it could work on a legitimate basis for all involved;but then, the idea of the massive energy produced when splitting the atom was a good idea until someone though "what happens when it occurs in a missile over thousands of people?"

Good ideas don't necessarily translate to the most brilliant of outcomes for the general populace.
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013   #12
MacAtac
Like A Boss

(5596 days)
Threads: 107
Style: Smoke
Mood: Bangable.
Time spent on board:
1 month 0 week 3 day

MacAtac is a magnificent specimenMacAtac is a magnificent specimen
MacAtac is a magnificent specimenMacAtac is a magnificent specimenMacAtac is a magnificent specimen
At around the 38 second mark the dude says the XbOne isn't going to be region locked--is that what you guys were talking about? http://youtu.be/ooaN96SkheE
MacAtac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013   #13
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5379 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Yeah, that was really the last concern I had with the Xbone. Still not gonna buy it, Sony still deserves my money more and I don't have cable TV to use the Xbone's extra hundred dollars of features, but if it gets exclusives somehow then it's certainly not off the table anymore.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013   #14
MacAtac
Like A Boss

(5596 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 0 week 3 day

MacAtac is a magnificent specimenMacAtac is a magnificent specimenMacAtac is a magnificent specimen
I'm in the PS4 camp but I imagine down the road I'll get a One--because I'm a slut.
Old 06-21-2013   #15
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs

(5787 days)
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
I'm personally non committal to either companies product because lets be frank here, they could give two shits about the country I reside in so they can both get fucked.

if I were to bother, it would be Sony & the PS4 merely on the basis that MS don't give a damn about the Asian market so it'd be easier to source games in the long run.
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013   #16
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(5388 days)
Threads: 1532
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
I am in Sony's camp for this next gen I think too. I have both right now tho, and will most likely own both consoles eventually. Nintendo will not get bought by me, unless I want to play a Zelda game, which I still haven't played my Skyward Sword yet.
Old 06-21-2013   #17
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(5379 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
The only issue is, I'm not paying $15 a month twice for internet access on both. So I'll probably just be sticking with one, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima View Post
Nintendo will not get bought by me, unless I want to play a Zelda game, which I still haven't played my Skyward Sword yet.
The Wii U has way better games coming than a silly Zelda title.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013   #18
Kurbee
Dur Almightah

(5626 days)
Threads: 476
Mood: Pink
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 2 day

Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Kurbee Send a message via MSN to Kurbee Send a message via Yahoo to Kurbee
I'm just more interested in the Xbox One exclusives. I've always been a huge fan of Halo, and I'm interested in Forza, Gears, etc. Also, want to see more of Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive and things like that.

Most of my real life friends are getting Xbox Ones, especially after the DRM reversal, so that's where I'll stick for my multiplayer gaming, also. Still interested in getting both (and even a Wii U, at some point).
Old 06-22-2013   #19
MacAtac
Like A Boss

(5596 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 0 week 3 day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurbee View Post
Most of my real life friends are getting Xbox Ones, especially after the DRM reversal
This is where I am, but damn.... I don't want to do that since at any time MS could just reverse their reversal and require always-online and DRM and everything at the drop of a hat (maybe more complicated than I'm thinking but I'm not the one who sowed the seed of doubt--that was them)
Old 06-22-2013   #20
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5829 days)
Threads: 1786
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 3 week 0 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
This is where I am, but damn.... I don't want to do that since at any time MS could just reverse their reversal and require always-online and DRM and everything at the drop of a hat (maybe more complicated than I'm thinking but I'm not the one who sowed the seed of doubt--that was them)
This is true, and is something I've thought about. Sony proved the original specs can be changed via a system update with their removal of OtherOS several years after the PS3 was released.

But as cynical and pessimistic as I've been about MS and the Xbone, I do have a hard time believing they'd actually do this, especially after their reversal on the topic before release. As much as they would probably LOVE to reintroduce DRM via a mandatory (if you want to use online features, that is) system update, I just don't think they'll do it.

Of course, a truly evil one-two punch they could do is to release flawed DRM-free consoles (that are designed to fail within a couple years with something like a RROD), and then release a "revision" a couple of years later including the mandatory DRM update. Or even don't release an update at all, let the old systems be DRM-free, and the new ones (which failures of old ones will force people into buying) will have the DRM.

That latter one is probably more realistic (even without the "built in failure" part of my theory), and would leverage the "goodwill" they've generated by reversing this policy into getting more Xbones sold. Then, when those people have built a game library and are used to the system, release the DRM version as the new exclusive system to buy. When old systems die off, people will be more likely to buy into and accept the DRM because the Xbone is established, and they've sunk money into it beyond the system's price (on games, DLC, XBL, and other things).

I'm not exactly expecting that scenario, as I think MS knows better than to face the PR cataclysm that would unleash upon them, but I do beieve it's very much within their power to do so, and would be surprised if such a plan hasn't already been floated around the higher-ups.