Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Gaming Sector > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming For the discussion of games from Atari to Zynga.

Old 05-26-2005   #11
Hobo Moderator
Kaffee
Urban Legend

(6547 days)
Threads: 2777
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: 40 is the new 20....maybe not
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 4 day

Kaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Kaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKaffee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Kaffee Send a message via Yahoo to Kaffee
So you guys think that many game developers take too much time with designing graphics and not enough time on the story?

"Be regular and orderly in your life, that you may be violent and original in your work."
Clive Barker
Kaffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005   #12
Leknaat
The Executor of Balance

(6577 days)
Threads: 180
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Hee hee
Time spent on board:
1 week 2 day 13 hour

Leknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Leknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanityLeknaat is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via Yahoo to Leknaat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaffee
So you guys think that many game developers take too much time with designing graphics and not enough time on the story?
It depends on the game. Xenosaga evened it out in my opinion, having both story and good graphics but I've played others that were strictly eye candy with a generic story.
Old 05-26-2005   #13
Miles
Ewigkämpfer

(6473 days)
Threads: 578
Style: Event Horizon
Time spent on board:
5 month 2 week 1 day

Miles is on the border of good and evil
I guess in some cases...I just like older games because well, they were alot more fun but if I bought a game that had a wonderful storyline but had PS1 graphics (The game being for the PS2) I'd be really angry! (I'd still play it >.> I just wouldn't be amused) I'm all for story other graphics, as I guess I made it obvious in my post back there somewhere...But graphics DO matter...I just think they forget that it's not just good-graphics that gamers want.
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005   #14
nightsavior
hobo merchant!

(6493 days)
Threads: 171
Style: Smoke
Mood: Pissed off mongol
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 17 hour

nightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to all
nightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via Yahoo to nightsavior
not always. suikoden 3 had beautiful graphics and retained an engrossing deep story line as did shadow hearts covenant. ffx also had a good plot in my opinion though the game itself was too short and linear for my taste.

just depends on the game in question. i mean there were very BAD old school rpgs too. i think in dragon warrior it was the same rehashed kill the dark over-lord save the princess crap. swords n serpents for the nes had no plot at all...you just went through dungeon after dungeon. granted zelda does the save the princess-dungeon crawling thing as well....but it does it with style!
You are entering "fan baby" elitist territory stranger!...very dangerous indeed! Might I suggest an infinite missile rocket launcher as well as ear muffs so you don't have to listen to the pointless bitching?
nightsavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005   #15
Raist Classic
Black Rose

(6295 days)
Threads: 69
Style: Evening Sky
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightsavior
not always. suikoden 3 had beautiful graphics
If we were going off of "every newer generation game has great graphics," then yeah. If we were comparing it to other games, I would call it average.
Quote:
and retained an engrossing deep story line as did shadow hearts covenant.
...for fuck's sake.
Raist Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #16
nightsavior
hobo merchant!

(6493 days)
Threads: 171
Mood: Pissed off mongol
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 17 hour

nightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to all
nightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to allnightsavior is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via Yahoo to nightsavior
"Fucks sake" isn't a view. And in "my opinion" shadow hearts covenant had a story line that far out-shined many of the ps 1 and ps 2 final fantasies. It was the first game I played like an old school rpg. Anotherwords, I could not put it down until I beat it. Besides no matter what self proclaimed elitists are going to proclaim their views are the holy grail and everyone else is stupid. Aka: Opinions are like assholes and everyone has one including me. lol. Never said you had to walk my road Raist. Do what's best for you.
You are entering "fan baby" elitist territory stranger!...very dangerous indeed! Might I suggest an infinite missile rocket launcher as well as ear muffs so you don't have to listen to the pointless bitching?

Last edited by nightsavior; 06-03-2005 at 05:18 PM.
nightsavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #17
Raist Classic
Black Rose

(6295 days)
Threads: 69
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
Quote:
"Fucks sake" isn't a view.
No, but it's an obvious reference to my many other rants on the matter, which I can't be bothered finding or repeating. I'd paste an opinion I agree with that I found on another forum, but we apparently don't have spoiler tags here.
Quote:
And in "my opinion" shadow hearts covenant had a story line that far out-shined many of the ps 1 and ps 2 final fantasies.
1. No.
2. Final Fantasy is hardly known for it's story (that said, I don't actually know what it's known for, beyond being generic yet decent).
Quote:
Besides no matter what self proclaimed elitists are going to proclaim their views are the holy grail and everyone else is stupid.
I'll understand a difference of opinion, but some opinions are just wrong. This much I assume we can agree on.
Quote:
Anotherwords
"In other words."
Raist Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #18
jethro
@_@

(6538 days)
Threads: 78
Mood: @_@
Time spent on board:
3 week 6 day 18 hour

jethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to all
jethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to alljethro is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to jethro Send a message via MSN to jethro
i like the older games for some reason
Old 06-30-2005   #19
Administrator Overlord
Zelphiel
恐がる

(6627 days)
Threads: 1285
Style: Darkfire
Mood: O.o;;
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 6 day

Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
Send a message via AIM to Zelphiel Send a message via Yahoo to Zelphiel
Quote:
suikoden 3 had beautiful graphics and retained an engrossing deep story line
I agree on the story part. Suiko3 has the best story in the series imo... but compared to a lot of the games released at the same time it's graphics weren't really super good. A lot of it, like in Suikoden 4, was a bit too choppy to be on par with stuff like Xenosaga.

I'm sure they'll improve by Suiko5 though. 3 and 4 were the Suikoden teams first two 3D games.
Old 06-30-2005   #20
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(6183 days)
Threads: 1532
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
I really like old school better. I would love them to make a new FF like in the old days with little people and powerful crystals. Old school is always the best.