Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Main Sector > Coffee House > General Discussion > Anime and Manga

Notices

Anime and Manga Discuss all things anime and manga here! ^_^
Thread Description: I am so behind

Old 06-22-2014   #1
Peahohze
Help me chase the Yvls away

(3975 days)
Threads: 30
Style: Smoke
Mood: Hophop-Bounce!
Time spent on board:
5 day 13 hour 21 min

Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!
Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!
Attack on Titan is like a thing?

So I recently decided to actually watch this anime.

I heard a lot about it. Everyone (apart from one person) I have spoken to have said it was really good. Sadly for them, their attempts to big it up to me we're wasted.

The basic description I got from said people were.
"Omigod it is SO GORY!! "
 click to show

"It is really gory."
"It is so great. There are these like giant cannibal toddlers trying to eat everyone."

Sounds like the lamest piece of crap to grace the world in a while.
After a lot of thought I figured I would give it a try.
Despite no mention of decent characters or decent story line from said fans (who need to shut the hell up cos you make this anime sound like garbage).

I only have access to the first 13 episodes of the dubbed anime. I have no idea how far the actual anime is so far though.
I finished watching the last episode I have today and I have to say that I am impressed.
There are a few things in there that make me worried that it is all just going to fall apart and turn bad but so far I am quite happy.
And I am sorry but I must watch some pretty nasty stuff because it isn't gory...Like...Not by my standards. There is barely any gore. I feel like the nasty aspects are handled tastefully and terrifyingly without having blood coming at you from all angles.

So for people that haven't seen this or heard of it (I think I was like the only one though).
There is nothing you can really say about this without making it sound insanely lame.
Less is more in this case.
It is a story about the human races struggle to survive and hopefully take back their planet from the Titans. Giant humanoid creatures with a taste for human flesh.
I find the characters all quite loveable. Even the annoying ones and it is genuinely sad when someone dies.
I find the story to be thrilling and engaging. There is a lot of action but not in a boring way. You want to keep watching from the edge of your seat to see what happens next.

Or maybe it is just me?
Not normally my kind of anime but I like it.

I don't really know why I am saying all this. Just really liked it. Wanted to talk about it.
If you haven't seen it then I would suggest you give it a try. It sucked me in from the off.
Old 06-22-2014   #2
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(5706 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
After a lot of thought I figured I would give it a try.
Despite no mention of decent characters or decent story line from said fans (who need to shut the hell up cos you make this anime sound like garbage).

You know why people rave about its gore and whatnot?

It's because the characters aren't good. I'll hold my thoughts on the story since you're not finished yet.

Quote:
I only have access to the first 13 episodes of the dubbed anime. I have no idea how far the actual anime is so far though.

Twenty five episodes. Second season coming because the manga.

Attack on Titan is like the new Gurren Lagaan. Or it was until Kill La Kill came along and stole that title. Hyped up by internet anime fans to be something amazing.

I fell victim to the hype at first. I was wrong.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014   #3
Raist Classic
Black Rose

(6666 days)
Threads: 69
Style: Evening Sky
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
It is Amazing. And you're right, it's not really gory, but the death and mayhem is done in ways that is kind of terrifying and really drives home the point of how totally screwed humans are.

It is Amazing.
Old 06-22-2014   #4
Peahohze

(3975 days)
Time spent on board:
5 day 13 hour 21 min

Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!
Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapplecrack View Post

Attack on Titan is like the new Gurren Lagaan. Or it was until Kill La Kill came along and stole that title. Hyped up by internet anime fans to be something amazing.
I never watched either of those. I tried to watch an episode of Gurren Lagaan and it held my interest for all of 5 minutes. Which is baaaaad. If I'm not interested after a few minutes then I give up. Plus everyone did make that sound lame too. I never heard much about Kill La Kill. Only that a lot of people watch it.

I know that the hype for Attack on Titan was like insane. It is way better than I expected though.
I think I like it so much because of the struggle. There is something I love about peoples will to survive even when it seems so futile. There is something about struggling and fighting for your place in the world that just gets to me. I am a real sucker for things like that.
Old 06-23-2014   #5
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(6995 days)
Threads: 1789
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 3 week 4 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Poor Holly, she was forced to agree with Raist... ;.;
Old 06-23-2014   #6
Peahohze

(3975 days)
Time spent on board:
5 day 13 hour 21 min

Did he brainwashed me?

I am unsure if I should watch the rest of This with subs. I really want to finish it but I only have access to the first 13 dubbed episodes but I can watch all the episodes subbed.
Old 06-23-2014   #7
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(5706 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
. I never heard much about Kill La Kill. Only that a lot of people watch it.

It's bad.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014   #8
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(6545 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Even I have to agree with Raist here. There havent been many animes recently that I've really liked, but this is one of my favorites this decade.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014   #9
Raist Classic
Black Rose

(6666 days)
Threads: 69
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
See, I told you Lades. I am Yvl is Holly.
Old 06-25-2014   #10
Peahohze

(3975 days)
Time spent on board:
5 day 13 hour 21 min

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Raisto returns! View Post
See, I told you Lades. I am Yvl is Holly.
Yes!

What?