Old 08-10-2007   #11
Pinkie Pie
Rum Raisin~

(6951 days)
Threads: 259
Style: Girl Power
Time spent on board:
2 month 2 week 2 day

Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinkie Pie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima
Working more than 12 hours isn't that big of a deal
Go ahead and drop dead at any time, kay, Wal-Mart boy?

kthnxbai. =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by La-chan
Come to think of it, didn't they say they'd call her in two days... two days ago? o_o
It was around 8 or 9 on Wednesday when they told me that, it hasn't even been two days yet.

Thanks for the reassuring comment, though.
Old 08-10-2007   #12
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(6555 days)
Threads: 1532
Style: Smoke
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaru
LOL...I used to work 10 hours a day at a bath tub factory and it wasn't that bad. Lifting bathtub is easy once you do it for a while and get used to it. The worst part of it was the immense heat in the summer and the intense cold blowing in on the trucks in the winter.

Wal-Mart is harder than subway anyday, you are a manager so your work load is light a lot of the time and all you have to lift is bread and lettuce when you do have to work the line, unlike me and having to lift furniture and dog food, since I am only person that doesn't complain when put in those areas.

I need a new job tho, im not paid enough to work at that store and im tired of watching kiss asses get ahead while I a person who works hard all night gets nothing at all.

I just remembered that I have to pick up 2 checks tonight. Getting paid every 2 weeks sucks, that is 4 weeks of work for me, since I never pick mine up, as I always forget them.
Old 08-10-2007   #13
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(6546 days)
Threads: 1766
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
Quote:
Thats the really shitty part, managers are paid on salary. No overtime for them.
She's a manager? Fire that guy's ass - the one that didnt feel like coming in!

Kaoru, I bet you would think that stacking tubes at a theme park is easy too? Just because you havent done it doesnt mean that its easy. The customers are always an unwelcome factor in the workplace.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007   #14
Goldiroxxor
Mon Collie Knight

(6818 days)
Threads: 1415
Style: Smoke
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 5 day

Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Shit tessa. Best of luck with the final days of that job. I surely myself would have just given up and left.
Goldiroxxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007   #15
Gamerlen
is going to eat your soul!

(6650 days)
Location: The land of eternal madness, or Kentucky as it is more commonly known.
Threads: 46
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: *looks at ring* Blue
Time spent on board:
3 day 0 hour 52 min

Gamerlen is truly an inspiration to allGamerlen is truly an inspiration to allGamerlen is truly an inspiration to allGamerlen is truly an inspiration to all
Gamerlen is truly an inspiration to allGamerlen is truly an inspiration to allGamerlen is truly an inspiration to allGamerlen is truly an inspiration to allGamerlen is truly an inspiration to allGamerlen is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to Gamerlen Send a message via Yahoo to Gamerlen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urkel's Cosine Again
It doesn't matter at this point. Come next Friday they're all out on their asses. The store got sold to a different franchise, I'm not even sure it'll still be a Subway by September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaru

kthnxbai. =D
Yeeeeeeeeeeah... I'm guessing that since Alty thinks that twelve hours is no big deal that Wal-mart's subliminal programming in the Computer Based Learning modules is still there. Up until three months before I left I really did think that Unions were evil and that George Bush was the second coming of Jesus Christ. o_o()()()
Old 08-10-2007   #16
Miles
Ewigkämpfer

(6845 days)
Threads: 578
Style: Event Horizon
Time spent on board:
5 month 2 week 1 day

Miles is on the border of good and evil
This thread isn't about you and what you think is easy, Kaoru.

Work is work, it's hard, annoying and nobody wants to do it. You should remember that.

She wanted to rant and let off some steam, not have an arguement.

It doesn't matter where you are or what you're doing. Just because it's something you haven't done, you can't go around and say "It's easy."
Dealing with customers AND food at the same time isn't easy.
Mainly because 1 out of every 10 customers is probly a moron.
They have to work fast and not make a sloppy job of it.
Doing a lunchtime rush on your own is a nightmare, no matter where you work.

So stop having little digs. She gave you a reaction, you can leave her alone now.

Last edited by Miles; 08-10-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007   #17
Jack The Ripper
I am the hood.

(5709 days)
Threads: 8
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: On Crack
Time spent on board:
5 day 12 hour 56 min

Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!
Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!
Send a message via AIM to Jack The Ripper
Yeah, working with food and customers at the same time gets pretty crazy at times. Especially at a place like subway, or like where I work where you make the food right in front of the person and they're watching your every move. It gets a little nerveracking at times.
Old 08-10-2007   #18
Pinkie Pie
Rum Raisin~

(6951 days)
Time spent on board:
2 month 2 week 2 day

Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima
Wal-Mart is harder than subway anyday, you are a manager so your work load is light a lot of the time and all you have to lift is bread and lettuce when you do have to work the line, unlike me and having to lift furniture and dog food, since I am only person that doesn't complain when put in those areas.
Oh?

So, then, let me get this straight.

Do you run the entire store almost completely by yourself?

Do you have to work every single job in the store if needed, which in my case is frequently?

Do you have to pay money out of pocket to cover any shortages that employees come up with if they refuse to?

Do you have to work 20 hours more than what your schedule says with absolutely no compensation?

Do you have to deal with getting yelled at on a daily basis because you actually try to let your employees get decent pay?

Do you, on top of all of this, then have to do all of the extra tasks and paperwork that comes with the management job, and take responsibility for everything that goes on in the store no matter who's fault it is?

How much heavy lifting is involved is not any indication of how easy or hard a job is, unless the only thing you're capable of doing is picking up something and moving it. Just because managers at your store might get to dick around doesn't mean managers everywhere else are the same way or have the same tasks.

Kindly go fuck yourself, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvl
The problem then is that if I just go ahead and fire people left and right that I'm stuck running the store by myself everyday. Though that particular employee isn't on the schedule for this week at all now because of that day.

Oh, and if anyone was wondering, today was actually decent, though I'm still absolutely exhausted.
Old 08-12-2007   #19
The Deity
Combat Extraordinaire

(6731 days)
Threads: 538
Style: Darkfire
Mood: Pissed
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 5 day

The Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to all
The Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to The Deity
Well sorry to hear it lady. Its almost over and that certainly sounds like a blessing.

To Live a Thousand Years
The Deity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #20
Pinkie Pie
Rum Raisin~

(6951 days)
Time spent on board:
2 month 2 week 2 day

Tomorrow. Is. My. Last. Day.

I think that fact alone is what kept me from just walking out the door today.

My assistant manager (not one in title, but he might as well be, he's the one who's there to help me out all the time and the only employee left who gives a damn about the place anymore) had to leave early last night to go into the hospital to help out his friend, who had just gone into labor. He got another of our employees to promise that she would come in to finish all of the post-close stuff for him, so that stuff would be ready in the morning for me to come and open.

Well, um, she never came to do it.

Meaning that when I got there this morning, the place was an absolute mess. Nothing was stocked, all of the trash cans were full, and the place just was messy in general. On top of all this, I got a call from my assistant manager letting me know that he was in the hospital with his friend and wouldn't be able to come in to help during lunch. At this point, I didn't realize that he wasn't the one who technically closed last night, so I was pretty irked at him, but didn't really say much of anything to him, since he was still coming in tonight to close and I'd see him then.

So in addition to doing all the management paperwork stuff that I normally have to do, along with the normal prep and setup that goes along with opening the store, I also had to do half of night shift's job, since nobody had actually been in to do any of it.

Of course, there wasn't nearly enough time to get it all done before our lunch rush, and so not only was I running lunch rush alone, I was also having to run in the back to prep and stock stuff during the rush, which meant customers had to wait even longer than the already longer time than usual. I wound up giving away a free lunch or two to customers who had to wait for me to prep the stuff they wanted after already having waited in line.

Tuesdays are also the days that we place our orders for inventory delivery, and luckily they called to get the order during a point when there weren't any people in line. Normally we can get a readback of the order we placed to make sure that it's accurate, but I had only just gotten the order done when another rush started, so I had to end it without getting to check on it, so hopefully nothing weird shows up in the delivery tomorrow.

Tomorrow's our paperwork and inventory count day, which are usually frustrating in themselves. I'm really hoping this one's not any more so than it normally is, but even if it is, I'm hoping that the thought of it being my last day will make it tolerable.

On a lighter note, I had my orientation at Meijer's (a department store) yesterday, and I start working there on Friday. It means that I'm not spending a long time unemployed, but it also gives me a day off in between, which I think is actually pretty ideal. I got hired on as a cashier, and the starting pay is pretty good, and they're supposed to be really good with raises if you're doing your job well, so the pay cut I'll technically be getting with switching jobs may not be by so much after all.

At the very least, I'm on the home stretch now. I just have to make it through tomorrow, and I'm done with Subway.

Thank God.