Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Gaming Sector > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming For the discussion of games from Atari to Zynga.

Old 02-21-2012   #1
Administrator Overlord
Zelphiel
恐がる

(5436 days)
Threads: 1285
Style: Darkfire
Mood: O.o;;
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 6 day

Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
Send a message via AIM to Zelphiel Send a message via Yahoo to Zelphiel
Castlevania Lords of Shadow

I just played through Castlevania SotN today (189% with no guide after not playing for about 6 years ) and I'm in Castlevania mode now. Is Lords of Shadow a good game? I've been reading some pretty decent reviews of it but haven't talked to anyone thats actually played it before.
Old 02-21-2012   #2
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4145 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Temper your expectations and you will have a fine time. It's not a bad game, it's just not a super great one. The story is kind of neat in points but it does little to set it apart from other character action games.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #3
Kurbee
Dur Almightah

(5231 days)
Threads: 476
Style: Smoke
Mood: Pink
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 2 day

Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Kurbee Send a message via MSN to Kurbee Send a message via Yahoo to Kurbee
If you start it, make sure you stick with it to the end. The ending is pretty odd.
Old 02-22-2012   #4
Administrator Overlord
Zelphiel
恐がる

(5436 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 6 day

Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...Zelphiel does not exist...
is this the one where you take control of monsters and use them or is that one of the games for ps2?
Old 02-22-2012   #5
Setzophone
Are ya alright?

(5240 days)
Threads: 290
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Tired
Time spent on board:
2 month 1 week 5 day

Setzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Setzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanitySetzophone is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Setzophone Send a message via MSN to Setzophone Send a message via Skype™ to Setzophone
I think that's Curse of Darkness with the Innocent Devils. Of course I've not played that game in a long time so I might be remembering wrong.
Old 02-22-2012   #6
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(4670 days)
Threads: 315
Mood: Butter Chicken
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to Snips Send a message via MSN to Snips
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphiel View Post
is this the one where you take control of monsters and use them or is that one of the games for ps2?
When you say that, Soma Cruz (Aria of Sorrow/ Dawn of Sorrow for the GBA/DS) comes to mind. He claims dominance over enemy souls instead of the traditional subweapons or spells. In other words, he's like a blue mage. Throwing bones instead of axes, etc.
Old 02-22-2012   #7
Administrator Overlord
Zelphiel
恐がる

(5436 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 6 day

he isn't the one I was talking about though. I have both of the games that feature him.
Old 02-22-2012   #8
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(4670 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
I figured as much. It's just that you mentioned control of monsters, so....

Oh, actually on the topic of Castlevania, have you tried Harmony of Despair yet? It's not story based, but rather mission based. You don't level up but you upgrade gear, which has a larger effect than usual. This sounds weak for a series like Castlevania but the big draw is that it has 6 player co-op online. It's like 15 bucks on the PSN.

The non-DLC Playabale Characters:

- Soma Cruz
- Alucard
- Julius Belmont
- Shanoa
- Jonathan Morris
- Charlotte Aulin
- Yoko Belnades

Just throwing that out there.
Old 02-29-2012   #9
Administrator Overlord
Zelphiel
恐がる

(5436 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 6 day

I saw it on the store and contemplated buying it. I ended up getting breath of fire 4 instead, but I may go back and get this one too.

Is it just as playable solo or does it focus on co-op more?
Old 02-29-2012   #10
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(4670 days)
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

It's playable solo, but a lot harder. Luckily, some chests which would have Water of Life online have normal treasure when solo, so it can be an easy way to build up some extra gear early on. Ultimately the trick will be to be as powerful as you can, which with some characters is tied only to subweapon mastery, so if you're not finding good weapons, that's always an option.

Soma: Actually gets replacement weapons. Souls gain in power with number obtained.

Alucard: Actually gets new weapons. Spells grow in power with number of scrolls found.

Julius: Vampire Killer Whip (Omnidirectional.) Whip grows in power alongside subweapons with mastery.

Jonathan: Vampire Killer Whip (Traditional.) Whip grows in power alongside subweapons with mastery. Has more subweapon variety.

Shanoa: Can find a few unique weapons, apparently. (I only have her rapiers.) Weapons grow in power alongside spell mastery.

Charlotte: Her Book of Binding grows in range, area, and power as she binds more spells. Binding the same spell more times increases it's power. (Translation: She's like a blue mage from Final Fantasy. Her gimmick they gave her in HoD is that she absorbs enemy magic to learn them)

Yoko: Her Belnades Staff grows in power alongside her spell mastery. She only has 4 spells, so she gets strong very fast. Her Holy Lightning has a decent range and is homing. She's perfect for beginners. (She was the first person I beat the first level with.)

The thing is, there's not that many levels, but the levels they have are pretty big. Bigger than a portrait in PoR by a fair margin. The main "story" (which isn't a story at all, I'm just calling it that due to boss progression) is 6 chapters long, and the game also comes with Chapter 7. I think there's also like 4 more DLC chapters. If you don't die (expect to die a lot at first) you could easily beat the game on normal in like 2 hours solo... assuming you don't die. The real draw is Hard Mode, though, which has far better drops and good incentives to keep you playing (Example: Boots that raise speed but have no defense = perfect for trying a no-damage run.)

It's certainly not what I was expecting, but for 15 bucks, I'm satisfied.