Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Gaming Sector > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming For the discussion of games from Atari to Zynga.

Old 02-03-2012   #1
Pinkie Pie
Rum Raisin~

(5387 days)
Threads: 259
Style: Girl Power
Time spent on board:
2 month 2 week 2 day

Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinkie Pie
KoF XIII

We didn't have a thread for it before, now we do. So there.

There's only like three of us that play it at the moment and we all talk about it in the shoutbox anyways, but... yes. Soulcalibur gets a thread, we can have one too, dammit!

Anywhoo, I'm still totally in love with the game. It's by far my favorite fighting game at the moment, which I'm sure surprises absolutely no one.

Love the system, love the characters, love the story (which does leave a big question mark at the end as far as what actually comes out as canonical in the Ash arc anyways, but still wraps up the arc pretty nicely), love most of the artwork (some of the male character redesigns, Ralph and Clark especially, went way too far to the bulky side for no real reason). This is the first KoF game SNK-Playmore has done where I totally feel like they've finally made a comeback along the lines of the original series.

At this point, I'm not sure whether I'm hoping for the next installment in the series to be a Dream Match (which would mean they could focus solely on building the roster back up, since they have to put a lot of work back into making characters in the new style), or skip the traditional "Dream Match following the end of an arc" game since XII was already technically that, and get the start of the next story arc and get a slower trickle of characters through DLC. I'm leaning much more towards the latter right now, since I love the way they did story stuff in this game and want to see more of it, but at the same time there's no pressing place for the story to go with the arc being over and so I won't be horribly disappointed if they do put out another dream match (although, admittedly, they'd have to put an awful lot more characters into the game to justify doing that... still, there are characters I would love to see in the XIII style that wouldn't be terribly likely to show up without the game being a Dream Match).

Anywhoo. I love it, and hope we can get more people in on playing it (*cough* Holly *cough*).
Old 02-03-2012   #2
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(4982 days)
Threads: 1765
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
This game is brilliant. There are close to no balance issues, the characters are all brilliantly designed, and the effects are beautiful. As far as I can tell it's one of the best fighting games this generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie View Post
(which does leave a big question mark at the end as far as what actually comes out as canonical in the Ash arc anyways
 click to show
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012   #3
Elisa Maza
Banned (at user's request)

(5115 days)
Threads: 7
Style: Event Horizon
Mood: Lonely. Play with me~
Time spent on board:
8 month 0 week 2 day

Elisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Elisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Again, I think you're giving it way more praise than it deserves, but yes, it's a good game. Here's hoping more people around here end up getting the game
Elisa Maza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012   #4
Pinkie Pie
Rum Raisin~

(5387 days)
Time spent on board:
2 month 2 week 2 day

Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Dash View Post
 click to show
 click to show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiko
Again, I think you're giving it way more praise than it deserves, but yes, it's a good game. Here's hoping more people around here end up getting the game
I dunno, it's definitely the best thing SNK-Playmore's put out, and, to be honest, I rank it way higher in quality than things like SF4 or the newer versus games. But, company favoritism comes into play at least somewhat, there, since I pretty much favor the series in general anyways. And my serious dislike for the "3D that plays like 2D" style that Capcom switched to has a lot to do with that too.

For what it's worth, for me, it's the best fighting game I've played in a while. But that comes with bias going both ways, since I'm a far bigger SNK fan than I am of Capcom, Sammy, or Midway... but then I was also pretty heavily biased against just about everything SNK-Playmore has done. For the game to pretty much restore my faith in the company in full is a pretty big deal. XD

But in the end, it's largely a preference thing, I suppose.
Old 02-03-2012   #5
Elisa Maza

(5115 days)
Time spent on board:
8 month 0 week 2 day

Elisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Elisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanityElisa Maza is a brilliant tribute to humanity
That was really aimed at Yvl, but yeah o.o I was talking with him in the shoutbox yesterday (or the day before yesterday. I forget) about KoF and stuff
Old 02-03-2012   #6
Pinkie Pie
Rum Raisin~

(5387 days)
Time spent on board:
2 month 2 week 2 day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
That was really aimed at Yvl, but yeah o.o I was talking with him in the shoutbox yesterday (or the day before yesterday. I forget) about KoF and stuff
Well, I pretty much agree with him anyways (I'm making a bit of an assumption since I don't know the details of the conversation, but as far as I know how he feels about it I'm in total agreement), but yeah, no prizes for guessing that. X3
Old 02-03-2012   #7
Elisa Maza

(5115 days)
Time spent on board:
8 month 0 week 2 day

Well, like I told Yvl, "I don't agree with you, though I respect your opinion." I personally don't feel it's the greatest fighting game in recent memory, nor do I even think it's the best KoF game. And so on and so forth. (don't want to get in to everything since then we'd probably have an argument on our hands >.> and I'm not trying to make anyone upset) I do, however, think it's a great game regardless and is worth playing for anyone who enjoys fighting games.
Old 02-03-2012   #8
Pinkie Pie
Rum Raisin~

(5387 days)
Time spent on board:
2 month 2 week 2 day

I dunno if I'd go so far as to call it the best KoF game, since that's a pretty big hurdle to overcome. I do think it's better than any other fighting game that's come out in this "generation", and it's definitely the one I've had the most fun with, though like I said, a lot of that comes down to opinion and preference, since there's a lot about the game I love that I could see other people not being fond of, just the same as there's a lot about Street Fighter 4 that I don't particularly like that I'm sure makes the game for other people.

But yeah. Agree to disagree on a lot of fronts, I suppose, otherwise we'd have things coming down to the old Capcom vs SNK fan wars. Although, I have to admit, there's part of me that's ecstatic that the company rivalry could be sparking back to life in the current generation of games now that SNKP seems to be back on its feet and a legitimate force in the fighting game field again. That hasn't been the case in a non-nostalgic sense since... well, 12 years ago.
Old 02-03-2012   #9
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(4982 days)
Threads: 1765
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
The main point of the discussion I had the other day was that KoF has far more personality than other fighting games without sacrificing balance and playability. The characters' move sets very strongly reinforce their personalities in KoF. Most notably Ash, whose deceptive personality and feigned innocence perfectly matches his fighting style. Fight you? Goodness, no, he's just going to crouch here for a while. Don't mind him. Just do your own little thing. K', Iori, Leona, and Kyo all are designed similarly, along with a few more I'm sure havent noticed yet. That's what sets this game so far apart from others I've experienced.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012   #10
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4143 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
In Mortal Kombat, the movesets reflect the character. It is why Stryker is useless and brings weapons to make up for his lack of skill and why Johnny Cage's moves are all flashy because he is a douchebro.

Just saying. Y'all can go back to talkin' bout KoF now.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote