Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Main Sector > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Important announcements about Evermore can be found here. If you've recently returned after a long absence, be sure to check on new announcements.

Old 12-27-2013   #21
TGLucario475
The Wandering Soul of Idiocy

(4988 days)
Threads: 13
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Bemused, to say the least.
Time spent on board:
4 day 23 hour 55 min

TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!
TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!
Send a message via AIM to TGLucario475 Send a message via Skype™ to TGLucario475
Allow me to bounce a not-so-terrible idea from the sphere of previous retardation? A Twitter account for the forum, which can be linked to the Facebook page for double advertising means, and the use of hashtags would mean you've got the potential for people to see what we're tweeting and maybe have a look inside?
Old 12-27-2013   #22
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5400 days)
Threads: 1785
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 2 week 4 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLucario View Post
Allow me to bounce a not-so-terrible idea from the sphere of previous retardation? A Twitter account for the forum, which can be linked to the Facebook page for double advertising means, and the use of hashtags would mean you've got the potential for people to see what we're tweeting and maybe have a look inside?
Twitter isn't an option. I've made two (2) fake announcement topics stating we have our own twitter account, just to fake out people who thought it stupid that we would. If we got a real one now, I lose all of that imagined momentum!

We also don't have much to advertise. We have the unique problem that we don't have the activity to fully advertise EF, in its current state, to others. Although there are enough members who visit regularly (despite the lack of activity) that if we could stimulate EF somehow, we can probably boost it up a bit.
Old 12-27-2013   #23
TGLucario475

(4988 days)
Time spent on board:
4 day 23 hour 55 min

TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!
TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!TGLucario475 is a star, a bright shining star!
Send a message via AIM to TGLucario475 Send a message via Skype™ to TGLucario475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet Jades View Post
Twitter isn't an option. I've made two (2) fake announcement topics stating we have our own twitter account, just to fake out people who thought it stupid that we would. If we got a real one now, I lose all of that imagined momentum!

We also don't have much to advertise. We have the unique problem that we don't have the activity to fully advertise EF, in its current state, to others. Although there are enough members who visit regularly (despite the lack of activity) that if we could stimulate EF somehow, we can probably boost it up a bit.
I've seen this activity problem happen on another forum I frequent on, though they still push the advertisements around when they can (I retweet some of their tweets on Twitter and do discreet/indirect advertising in my profile). I'm not sure if this forum is part of those ranked sites, like top 100 game sites for example, like GamersKingdom was (another former-TOGRC forum) before it's eventual demise due to inactivity.

Curiously, have you sent email newsletters out? Unless I've not been getting any, this could be another way to let the inactive members know that the forum is still around? Just trying to bounce m/any idea's that come to mind really
Old 12-27-2013   #24
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5400 days)
Time spent on board:

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
I have it set to send reminder emails every 4 months, I think. But that only works of the email people have on their profile is regularly checked (and I often get several bounce-backs for emails that no longer exist).
Old 12-27-2013   #25
TGLucario475

(4988 days)
Time spent on board:
4 day 23 hour 55 min

Every four months does seem a bit too long, could (possibly) do one to start 2014 (unless that's already in the planning, if so then ignore this part). I remember shooting off individual emails to people, back on GamersKingdom, to try get them to be active again - it never worked - but it could be something done here, if the person doesn't allow automatic emails to be sent or something along those lines.

Though, surely, there's something I'm missing, an idea that could spark the rejuvenation of the forum but I'm not sure what :\
Old 12-27-2013   #26
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5400 days)
Time spent on board:

Quote:
Every four months does seem a bit too long, could (possibly) do one to start 2014 (unless that's already in the planning, if so then ignore this part). I remember shooting off individual emails to people, back on GamersKingdom, to try get them to be active again - it never worked - but it could be something done here, if the person doesn't allow automatic emails to be sent or something along those lines.

Though, surely, there's something I'm missing, an idea that could spark the rejuvenation of the forum but I'm not sure what :\
I don't want to do it more often than 4 months because it would become annoying to people, probably. Just enough to check in once in a while and let people know that EF still exists (or at least it is still sending out automatic emails).
Old 12-27-2013   #27
Pinkie Pie
Rum Raisin~

(5355 days)
Threads: 259
Style: Girl Power
Time spent on board:
2 month 2 week 2 day

Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinkie Pie
EF's "problem" (ymmv whether or not it's really a problem) is that at this point it seems to mostly be a very small community of hangers-on that communicate with each other mostly outside of the site itself (at least, on my end that's what's happening). I tend to poke my head in here at least once a day just to see the conversations going on and hop in and talk when it's something I have something to say on, but that's about it.

Personally on my end a big part of it is that hanging around on forums as a major thing to do has dropped off significantly as a hobby over the past ten years. I still like the people here and still like keeping in touch, and I love having the site here as a place to touch base with them if need be, but if I'm going to interact with people from here, it mostly... either happens in PMs or places like Skype, or in games I play with them.

To possibly put something semi-productive forward, though, the vast bulk of the site's activity (ebb and flow as that activity may be) seems to be pretty focused on the shoutbox. Rather than trying to fight that and redirect it towards the threads, is there maybe something we could do to just embrace that shift and increase the focus of the site to the shoutbox to push it more towards being a chatroom that happens to also have a forum attached to it in the background that gets used sometimes (since that's essentially what the site's become anyways)? Currently the most active part of the site kind of looks like an "extra", and makes things look even less active than they actually are.

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; 12-27-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Pinkie Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013   #28
TGLucario475

(4988 days)
Time spent on board:
4 day 23 hour 55 min

Quote:
I don't want to do it more often than 4 months because it would become annoying to people, probably. Just enough to check in once in a while and let people know that EF still exists (or at least it is still sending out automatic emails).
I don't think every four months would annoy people, not even every month or two would annoy people given the amount of emails they could possibly get. If it was a decade ago then it'd be understandable, but we're in the age where people get emails en-mass from various places and they've got the ability to opt-out of those emails.
Old 12-28-2013   #29
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5400 days)
Time spent on board:

Quote:
I don't think every four months would annoy people, not even every month or two would annoy people given the amount of emails they could possibly get. If it was a decade ago then it'd be understandable, but we're in the age where people get emails en-mass from various places and they've got the ability to opt-out of those emails.
I don't think EF's emails can be opted out of, except to contact me personally and ask me to place them in a usergroup to stop the emails.
Old 12-29-2013   #30
TGLucario475

(4988 days)
Time spent on board:
4 day 23 hour 55 min

Quote:
I don't think EF's emails can be opted out of, except to contact me personally and ask me to place them in a usergroup to stop the emails.
I guess I'm plum out of idea's then, might try the rehashing of old/decent threads to spur activity when I get a chance.