Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Main Sector > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Important announcements about Evermore can be found here. If you've recently returned after a long absence, be sure to check on new announcements.

Old 07-16-2013   #1
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5340 days)
Threads: 1785
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 2 week 4 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Explode We need to find ways to bolster EF's activity

The title is as concise as I can make this point. We had a few little spurts of activity over the past several months, but on average we've been pretty dead.

What we need is to figure out some ways to boost activity a bit. Some new members, maybe some more effort into making new threads (and replying to them, something I haven't been too good with myself lately). Maybe new features on the site, although I can't think what we could offer that dozens of other sites don't do better, much less that we ourselves could provide. Game reviews is all I can think of. At the least, we'd have honest, non-paid-off reviews, for however much or little that's worth.

I'm thinking the new members thing is what we really need, though. Some new blood. It's difficult to recruit new members to small forums these days, it seems (Yvl says it's because of Facebook, which makes sense). But I think we could manage a new face here or there. Our biggest advantage is a nice, casual place to talk about games or whatever, free from trolls (*coughexceptdroogcough*), without overbearing rules or staff, and small enough that, as Luther once put it, "everybody knows your name." We also have a more mature userbase, with most of us in our 20s, so no annoying kids.

So basically, if you know people who are into these "games on video" the kids are always playing, try to invite them, epsecially if they're the sort of person who's been on other forums.

We should all also try to post a bit more in general. Not forcing anything, just make a little more of an effort to have stuff to talk about other than recent gaming news articles. Maybe this will come more naturally if we manage to get some new faces around here, though (although it could be difficult to keep new people unless this is already happening; a nice catch-22).

If anyone else has any ideas, please post them. I'd love to not see EF just fade away into inactivity, and since most of you are here daily (or at least weekly), I'm assuming you don't, either.
Old 07-17-2013   #2
Raist Classic
Black Rose

(5011 days)
Threads: 69
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
Well, I think I'm about due for a thread to see who's not coming to MAG this year. That will be my annual contribution.
Old 07-17-2013   #3
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5340 days)
Time spent on board:

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Raisto returns! View Post
Well, I think I'm about due for a thread to see who's not coming to MAG this year. That will be my annual contribution.
But no one ever goes (operating on the assumption that I'm not a person, of course). Actually, I'd be interested in going, but I really don't know if I can afford it. You'll have to check with me in October, by which time my life will hopefully have settled down.
Old 07-18-2013   #4
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(4899 days)
Threads: 1532
Style: Smoke
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
A friend of mine is going to Otacon, I may try to tag along, and the week after my cousins are going to New Jersey for a Comic con type thing, which I may tag along for as well.

We do need new members, it has been a long time since I sat up late at night sending 100 pms or something like that on another site.
Old 07-18-2013   #5
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Liverwort Tens
Our Sweet Prince

(4890 days)
Threads: 1765
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Liverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Liverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Liverwort Tens Send a message via MSN to Liverwort Tens Send a message via Yahoo to Liverwort Tens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima View Post
We do need new members, it has been a long time since I sat up late at night sending 100 pms or something like that on another site.
While we definitely do need fresh blood, I actually kinda like the casualness of EF right now. It's not somewhere I have to sit down and have multi-hour long discussions like most forums, just a correspondence in the shoutbox every few minutes while I'm doing other things. I'd love some detailed discussions from time to time here like we used to have in the days of Deity, but I also like how easy it is to keep up with EF in general. I mean, a majority of the people who left EF in the first place left because it took too much time to keep up with it, so I feel our casual activity is a plus for us (and you can even advertise as much to people thinking of joining.)
Liverwort Tens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013   #6
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5340 days)
Time spent on board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvl View Post
While we definitely do need fresh blood, I actually kinda like the casualness of EF right now. It's not somewhere I have to sit down and have multi-hour long discussions like most forums, just a correspondence in the shoutbox every few minutes while I'm doing other things. I'd love some detailed discussions from time to time here like we used to have in the days of Deity, but I also like how easy it is to keep up with EF in general. I mean, a majority of the people who left EF in the first place left because it took too much time to keep up with it, so I feel our casual activity is a plus for us (and you can even advertise as much to people thinking of joining.)
They left because it took too much time? Seriously?

And I do like the casualness of it, and always have. It never felt non-casual to me, actually. The relatively small number of members and overall traffic we've had has helped keep the server bill manageable. If we got too many people, I'd have to start putting up ads and soliciting donations as a mandatory part of upkeep.

I just think it'd be nice to get some more regulars coming around, because more people will lead to more discussion, not just directly (more people to start and continue discussions) but indirectly as well (people may be more willing to post things if they know more people will see it and possibly comment).
Old 07-18-2013   #7
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Liverwort Tens
Our Sweet Prince

(4890 days)
Threads: 1765
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Liverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Liverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Liverwort Tens Send a message via MSN to Liverwort Tens Send a message via Yahoo to Liverwort Tens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet Jades View Post
They left because it took too much time? Seriously?
I've heard this line pretty much every time I've talked to an old member about returning.
Quote:
I just think it'd be nice to get some more regulars coming around, because more people will lead to more discussion, not just directly (more people to start and continue discussions) but indirectly as well (people may be more willing to post things if they know more people will see it and possibly comment).
Yeah, I agree there.
Liverwort Tens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013   #8
Raist Classic
Black Rose

(5011 days)
Threads: 69
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
Quote:
But no one ever goes (operating on the assumption that I'm not a person, of course). Actually, I'd be interested in going, but I really don't know if I can afford it. You'll have to check with me in October, by which time my life will hopefully have settled down.
I keep telling you it'd be so much cheaper if you brought Yvl['s credit card] along.
Old 07-18-2013   #9
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5340 days)
Time spent on board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Raisto returns! View Post
I keep telling you it'd be so much cheaper if you brought Yvl['s credit card] along.
Your mean Yvl['s parent's credit card], right?

Quote:
I've heard this line pretty much every time I've talked to an old member about returning.
Well, if you ever hear that now, you can tell them it won't be a problem. I wasn't aware anyone really ever thought that, unless they're basing it on 2004-2007 only. I keep hoping maybe we can get various older members back somehow, someday, although it's probably a pipe dream.

Quote:
Yeah, I agree there.
That's basically the entire point of these threads I make from time to time. To maybe somehow wrangle up a few more regulars (especially since we've lost some the past few years). Not like I expect (or even hope) to get dozens of new, active people, but 4 or 5 would be nice and would engender much more activity. It's more for awareness than anything else, since its easy to fall into a "eh, I'll visit later / post pater, it's not that active" mindset that just propagates itself over time, keeping activity on a relative decline.
Old 07-27-2013   #10
Peahohze
Help me chase the Yvls away

(2320 days)
Threads: 30
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Hophop-Bounce!
Time spent on board:
5 day 13 hour 21 min

Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!
Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!Peahohze is a star, a bright shining star!
If I come back will that help?

My life seems to be calming down slightly. I have this amazing thing called...free time! It is great!

Sadly I have no one to bring with me....I love.my friends and all but they would wreck the place. Seriously. Abd they would.most likely tell everyone here to "get more" and all that hip abd down traah.