Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Main Sector > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Important announcements about Evermore can be found here. If you've recently returned after a long absence, be sure to check on new announcements.

Old 09-01-2014   #1
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5400 days)
Threads: 1785
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 2 week 4 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Jazz Getting rid of the color usergroups

So those color usergroups we use to make our names pretty colors. I'm thinking of getting rid of them altogether. The main attraction of them was the glow, but since that tag only works on IE (which no one uses anymore pretty much), it only really adds color to the name itself, which can make reading difficult on some styles.

Since there's no way I know of to rework these groups, I feel it's best to just delete them. They aren't really doing the site any good these days, unless it turns out most of our remaining members actually use IE regularly.

Thoughts?
Old 09-01-2014   #2
Goldiroxxor
Mon Collie Knight

(5222 days)
Threads: 1415
Style: Smoke
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 5 day

Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
IE I'm using the internet! Haha!

But yeah, IE is a trojan waiting to happen, its a scumbag piece of coding security hole. TBH noone in their right mind uses IE. I do however miss the colors since switching to FF ages ago, you think it'd have been updated by now but obviously isn't. I say aye to getting rid of it as it seems pointless now.
Goldiroxxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014   #3
Pinkie Pie
Rum Raisin~

(5355 days)
Threads: 259
Style: Girl Power
Time spent on board:
2 month 2 week 2 day

Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinkie Pie
I'll be sad to see them go, if only just because I'm so used to them being there, but I see the point to getting rid of them, so if you feel it's necessary then I won't complain.

At the same time, is there a benefit to getting rid of them? If we're tossing it just because I'm not sure I see why it hurts to just leave it around as an option. Likely nobody will really get use out of the full prettifying considering IE's main function nowadays is to download a better web browser, but I think the option to pick name colors is still cool.

If it's possible, maybe a happy medium might be trimming the options down to something more basic (since I know without the glow being visible a lot of the color options look redundant even if they technically "aren't"), or is it a case where the choice is either nuke the whole thing or leave everything standing?
Old 09-01-2014   #4
Tsunpaper
Anfänger

(1478 days)
Threads: 2
Style: Blue Hatch
Time spent on board:
6 h 1 min 42 sec

Tsunpaper is on the border of good and evil
Well, since I just joined I really don't have a preference as to what happens. All I say is do what is for the betterment of the site
Tsunpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014   #5
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5400 days)
Time spent on board:

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
I could just trim them down to colors with no glow, but the issue there is that the colors could conflict with backgrounds on various styles, making it difficult to read usernames.
Old 09-01-2014   #6
Pinkie Pie
Rum Raisin~

(5355 days)
Threads: 259
Style: Girl Power
Time spent on board:
2 month 2 week 2 day

Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Pinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanityPinkie Pie is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinkie Pie
I get that, but the same thing was true when we had people posting in colored text, which is still an option, so by that logic why not get rid of colored text on the site altogether? I'm not actually arguing for that because please don't, I'm just not sure it's something that's really that big of a problem. But then I'm usually on the side of more options for customization even if some of them might be silly.
Old 09-08-2014   #7
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5400 days)
Time spent on board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie View Post
I get that, but the same thing was true when we had people posting in colored text, which is still an option, so by that logic why not get rid of colored text on the site altogether? I'm not actually arguing for that because please don't, I'm just not sure it's something that's really that big of a problem. But then I'm usually on the side of more options for customization even if some of them might be silly.
How about we make a deal. Look for some sort of HTML markup (or whatever) that could be used that actually works on all browsers, and I'll re-implement the colors (once I actually get around to clearing out the existing ones, so you have at least 5 years).