Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Main Sector > Coffee House > Music and Entertainment

Notices

Music and Entertainment Discuss music, movies, television, and other forms of entertainment besides videogames here.
Thread Description: Cancellation impending

Old 10-12-2011   #41
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(4902 days)
Threads: 1532
Style: Smoke
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
I haven't watched the Simpsons in years. So to me it doesn't really matter if it goes away, although it may still be sad to know that s how that i've grown up with is now gone.

I haven't seen any Futurama or Family Guy in forever either. I guess all of these kinds of shows are getting rather boring to me.

Doe anyone think that Family Guy will ever have more episodes than the Simpsons?
Old 10-12-2011   #42
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4054 days)
Threads: 1261
Style: Ocean Shoals
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima View Post

Doe anyone think that Family Guy will ever have more episodes than the Simpsons?

At this point, I'd say the only show with an actual shot would be South Park.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #43
Raist Classic
Black Rose

(5014 days)
Threads: 69
Style: Evening Sky
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvl
After he insults us while expressing his taste? Yeah, he'd damn well better justify it.
Yeah, okay, he insulted you. Then you called him a douche and your rational argumenteers called him a retard, twice. Sounds like par for the course to me. But then you went and hard deleted his post and threadbanned him after he stopped doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet Jades
How one could argue that's just his opinion and isn't trolling is unimaginable. He even uses the word "newfags" when we've all (everyone in this thread) been active here for much longer than he has.
I'm not going to say his first post wasn't asinine. I could defend it from an emotional point of view, but it would stray from the point so we'll stick with asinine. He says some shit, some people he said some shit to said some shit, some other people he didn't say any shit to say some shit, and we should all be able to go home feeling like we've contributed to the massive amount of shit that's been said on the internet. But then the administrative opinion of the guy somehow gets worse as he gets less asinine.

You say it's worse than when you threadbanned Droog, but the two aren't really comparable. When Droog trolls he goes on for pages and pages of crap, constantly defending and expanding [and admitting to] his trolls. BD made exactly one bad post here. One. His next post dropped whatever troll may have existed and only conveys his feelings towards the Simpsons in a relevant and nonthreatening (if confusing) way, and his third post just expresses confusion over Fly's overpost, a thought which exists in dozens of posts around here because Fly is a crazy drunk Australian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet Jades
He then pulled a "u mad bro" statement. The post (which I deleted) consisted of nothing but that. There is no defense of those posts. Trying to defend his posts here, as his legitimate "opinion," especially as posted, is akin to defending homeopathy against actual science, if homeopathists were douchey (not that I'm saying they aren't, but I don't know, so let's assume). Really, Raist, I'd think you'd know better than this. But then again, you never did know better when it came to Yvl...
You're the one that hard-deleted the post. You never hard-delete anything. I've been trying to get you to hard-delete some of my own posts for years because their existence caused me significant emotional distress, and you've refused because you don't believe in doing so. So the idea that you hard-deleted what would otherwise be a completely reasonable reaction to a flypost just boggles my mind.
Old 10-12-2011   #44
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5343 days)
Threads: 1785
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 2 week 4 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisty Raisty View Post
You never hard-delete anything. I've been trying to get you to hard-delete some of my own posts for years because their existence caused me significant emotional distress, and you've refused because you don't believe in doing so.
When did I ever refuse based on that? I thought I just ended up forgetting. I even brought up the fact I forgot later and you were just like "I figured" or some similar response.

Quote:
BD made exactly one bad post here. One. His next post dropped whatever troll may have existed and only conveys his feelings towards the Simpsons in a relevant and nonthreatening (if confusing) way, and his third post just expresses confusion over Fly's overpost, a thought which exists in dozens of posts around here because Fly is a crazy drunk Australian.
His first post was straight-up trolling. His second post... I still don't know what it's supposed to mean. His third post (the one I deleted) amounted to "yeah... you mad bro," as I've stated before. If he actually had anything to contribute to this thread, he did so in a cryptic and ass-backwards manner (at best), or simply didn't do it at all, favoring trolling over participating normally (at worst).

You're right, though, in that Droog's trolling isn't comparable. At least he disguises it as a debate. Droog's trolling is also different in that it actually succeeds (which is why I'm less and less hesitant to threadban Droog by the day).

I'm really not seeing whatever redeeming factors you are in BD's posts. Unless you think a threadban is too harsh a punishment, in which case he's welcome to participate in ANY OTHER THREAD ON THE ENTIRE SITE, seeingas how a threadban only applies to the thread the ban applies to. Had he actually been willing (via PM, or an actual apology thread) to apologize for his trolling, I'd have unbanned him from this thread. Not to mention that his immediate jump to trolling people who like "anime garbage" came out of fucking nowhere, so I don't blame people for calling him on that. At least Droog's trolls stick to the topic and don't go into directly insulting something unrelated just to get at other people.
Old 10-12-2011   #45
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4054 days)
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Gosh, I feel so honored with the words yall are sayin about me.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.
Old 10-12-2011   #46
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5343 days)
Threads: 1785
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 2 week 4 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
Gosh, I feel so honored with the words yall are sayin about me.
And then you go and ruin it by not only saying "y'all," but not even using an apostrophe.
Old 10-12-2011   #47
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4054 days)
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

I am a bad Southerner. It's all the exposure to Northern customs, I swear.

Old 10-12-2011   #48
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(4580 days)
Threads: 315
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Butter Chicken
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to Snips Send a message via MSN to Snips
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet Jades View Post
And then you go and ruin it by not only saying "y'all," but not even using an apostrophe.
I just wanted to say, man, this made me smile.
Old 10-12-2011   #49
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs

(5301 days)
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
In my defense it's not booze it's pain meds, anti inflams with painkillers + extra painkillers equates to wooooooooooooooooooooo bed with a bucket.
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #50
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Liverwort Tens
Our Sweet Prince

(4893 days)
Threads: 1765
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Liverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Liverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanityLiverwort Tens is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Liverwort Tens Send a message via MSN to Liverwort Tens Send a message via Yahoo to Liverwort Tens
Seeing as he's admitted to being a troll here (after lying about it), Raist, you kinda don't have any ground to stand on now. I know you're required to go on your "fuck the po-lice" rant every time you can, though, so carry on.

Quote:
But then you went and hard deleted his post
To be totally clear, I can't hard delete posts, or I'd've done so for my own posts in the past multiple times. I happened to witness Lades hard-delete the post in person and I was all "Wait, what?" He was also in a weird mood that day, which I think we decided was because he didn't get enough sleep or something.
Liverwort Tens is offline   Reply With Quote