Evermore Forums  

Go Back   Evermore Forums > Main Sector > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Important announcements about Evermore can be found here. If you've recently returned after a long absence, be sure to check on new announcements.

Old 09-29-2010   #1
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5400 days)
Threads: 1785
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 2 week 4 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Site upgrade sometime in the next few months

Due to PHP version compatibility issues, I'll have to upgrade EF to a newer vB version sometime soon (v3.8.4, specifically).

This means that there will be a few weeks after the upgrade where not all features work, some look different, and so forth. I can't promise any given features that we have now will still work.

I'm trying to get answers about the specifics of the problem and what upgrade (if any) is truly necessary, but it will probably be needed.

Just a heads up for the moment.

EDIT: It is worth noting this is probably the last major vB version upgrade EF will get for at least several years. 3.8 is the final version of vB3 that will ever be released, since they have moved on to vB4 now. But to install vB4 requires a very expensive and at this point unnecessary license upgrade. This means it will be easy to focus on streamlining and perfecting options and features from here on out, as we will be up to date with the latest version many, many others actively use (we'd hardly be the only ones who would prefer to stay with vB3 for a long while yet).
Old 09-29-2010   #2
Pretentious Mod
Raistifer's little bitch
Yvlla
Our Sweet Prince

(4950 days)
Threads: 1765
Style: Ultima
Time spent on board:
7 month 0 week 4 day

Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Yvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanityYvlla is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Yvlla Send a message via MSN to Yvlla Send a message via Yahoo to Yvlla
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bullshit.
Yvlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #3
Site Owner and God-Admin
Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(5400 days)
Threads: 1785
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 2 week 4 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Someone isn't gonna be staying S-Mod after the upgrade, I see.
Old 09-30-2010   #4
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs

(5358 days)
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
I have 2 feet.

Not 1.

And I approve this upgrade.
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010   #5
Goldiroxxor
Mon Collie Knight

(5222 days)
Threads: 1415
Style: Smoke
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 5 day

Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Goldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leaderGoldiroxxor is a grand leader
Upgrades are good, depending what the newer version is gonna hold and options it can have it'll be a good thing. Take your time~
Goldiroxxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #6
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(4959 days)
Threads: 1532
Style: Smoke
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet Jades View Post
Someone isn't gonna be staying S-Mod after the upgrade, I see.
Someone isn't going to be an Admin after the upgrade I see.

Anyway go ahead with the upgrade, need any help, i'll help ya, but I probably won't be able to so i'll just cheer you on from afar.
Old 10-03-2010   #7
Miles
Ewigkämpfer

(5249 days)
Threads: 578
Style: Event Horizon
Time spent on board:
5 month 2 week 1 day

Miles is on the border of good and evil
EF!! POWER UUUUUUP~

Yes?

I like this plans.