Old 08-02-2007   #11
Raist Classic
Black Rose

(5344 days)
Threads: 69
Style: Evening Sky
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
Quote:
Theoretically, given where Jesus was from, he should be black
No, he should be semitic.
Old 08-02-2007   #12
Dave
Banned

(5364 days)
Threads: 53
Mood: Fuck you
Time spent on board:
1 week 0 day 2 hour

Dave is a star, a bright shining star!Dave is a star, a bright shining star!Dave is a star, a bright shining star!
Dave is a star, a bright shining star!Dave is a star, a bright shining star!Dave is a star, a bright shining star!Dave is a star, a bright shining star!Dave is a star, a bright shining star!Dave is a star, a bright shining star!Dave is a star, a bright shining star!Dave is a star, a bright shining star!Dave is a star, a bright shining star!
Send a message via AIM to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumdum the Dumb-dumb
First thing I noticed. They're both white, the ones in the picture. Now, I know that wasn't Jesus, but I'm getting somewhere with this. Theoretically, given where Jesus was from, he should be black, but he's always been portrayed as white. Why? He's supposed to be the "perfect" person and the white men of the past (and still far too many today) think that only whites can be perfect. I'm almost willing to bet that the Jesus toy will be white too, which in turn could lead to a new wave of racism amonst youths.
I assume you're joking.
Old 08-02-2007   #13
Jack The Ripper
I am the hood.

(4387 days)
Threads: 8
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: On Crack
Time spent on board:
5 day 12 hour 56 min

Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!
Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!Jack The Ripper is a star, a bright shining star!
Send a message via AIM to Jack The Ripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin
No, he should be semitic.
What does that even mean?

I don't know about being black, but Jesus should have a darker skin tone than a white person.
Old 08-02-2007   #14
Raist Classic
Black Rose

(5344 days)
Threads: 69
Time spent on board:
4 month 0 week 2 day

Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Raist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanityRaist Classic is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Raist Classic
Quote:
What does that even mean?
Middle Eastern. Hebrews and Arabs.
Old 08-02-2007   #15
Kurbee
Dur Almightah

(5470 days)
Threads: 476
Style: Smoke
Mood: Pink
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 2 day

Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Kurbee Send a message via MSN to Kurbee Send a message via Yahoo to Kurbee
I say they make him Green.

It'll be like..

The Jesus Hulk.
Old 08-02-2007   #16
Miles
Ewigkämpfer

(5522 days)
Threads: 578
Style: Event Horizon
Time spent on board:
5 month 2 week 1 day

Miles is on the border of good and evil
x.x Blarg! You can buy those kind of things here.

Only...They're like...Making fun of religion and stuff.
You can even buy Hitler action figures here (Only in ONE store, though. It sells remade and even original items that were big in 50's right through to the 90's...Very awesome place ^-^ )

Real scary, though x.x
Old 08-02-2007   #17
The Deity
Combat Extraordinaire

(5408 days)
Threads: 538
Style: Darkfire
Mood: Pissed
Time spent on board:
1 month 1 week 5 day

The Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to all
The Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to allThe Deity is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to The Deity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumdum the Dumb-dumb
First thing I noticed. They're both white, the ones in the picture. Now, I know that wasn't Jesus, but I'm getting somewhere with this. Theoretically, given where Jesus was from, he should be black, but he's always been portrayed as white. Why? He's supposed to be the "perfect" person and the white men of the past (and still far too many today) think that only whites can be perfect. I'm almost willing to bet that the Jesus toy will be white too, which in turn could lead to a new wave of racism amonst youths.
I guess you believe that Chris Redfield shooting black Zombies make Resident Evil creators racist too?

To Live a Thousand Years
Old 08-03-2007   #18
Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(4910 days)
Threads: 315
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: Butter Chicken
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to Snips Send a message via MSN to Snips
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo
I say they make him Green.

It'll be like..

The Jesus Hulk.
Now THAT, I'd buy!

Also, about the wave of racism comments that I made that obviously have some of you WTFing.

Raist: My bad, I heard that long ago and seem to have forgotten. You're right. I think.... (I went to a Catholic school, I never really listened to them anyways)

Dave, No, I'm not joking (see below)

Deity: It's more than that, see below.

As I've previously stated, the root of the problem is a good 1500 years+ old. Jesus was supposed to be the PERFECT person so white men thought, "well, surely he was white!" By establishing the perfect person as a representative of their "race" white men sought supremacy over non white men (again, notable examples being enslaving black and native people, giving asians only the most dagerous jobs, etc) which has been going on for well over a thousand years.

Today, people are more even, but there's still some intense racism. However, thanks largely to mixed classrooms and schools, children are making diverse arrays of friends and not growing up in as potentially a racist environment. Now, imagine, a white racist catholic parent gets his/ her child a white Jesus toy. The parent has avoided saying mean things in front of their child in the past to shelter them, but saw the kid playing with a black kid. The parent would give their kid the toy and maybe hint at white people being superior to black people. Kid shows the bllack friend the new Jesus toy. Black kid says "My mama says Jesus ain't white." Boom, they get into a fight, end of friendship (I was a kid once, they really are that petty) Kid remembers what parent says, and learns to look down at non whites. One kid converted to a racist. One down... millions to go.

Am I reading too far into this? Probably, but what year was slavery abolished in the States? it hasn't really been all that long, when you stop and think about it....

... okay, so I am joking, but it's not impossible that I'm onto something

(Also, lmao, I'm surprised everyone picked up on this, but not on the religious crimes part. Did everyone stop reading my post there and go wtf? LOL!)
Old 08-03-2007   #19
Altima
Major Motoko Kusanagi

(5232 days)
Threads: 1532
Mood: I have no emotions
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 15 hour

Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Altima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanityAltima is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via MSN to Altima
Stop with all the racsit comments Walnut, who cares what color he was. I'm sure that Jesus didn't care what color he or his followers were so why should we? I see him as a rather tan person as he probably should be seeing as how he was born in the middle east. It matters not how he or any of the other biblical people are color or portrayed tho as we don't really know with 100% what color they were or their size or anything.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea but I will keep my eye open at my Wal-Mart at night. Perhaps Mary will have to stock some religious toys soon.
Old 08-03-2007   #20
Kurbee
Dur Almightah

(5470 days)
Threads: 476
Mood: Pink
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 2 day

Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Kurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanityKurbee is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Kurbee Send a message via MSN to Kurbee Send a message via Yahoo to Kurbee
He isn't being racist, at all. >.>;;