Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(6737 days)
Threads: 1789
Style: Evening Sky
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 3 week 4 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Teacher, principal confiscate cell phone and read messages

They'll read your diary too!

Christopher Klump brings his cell phone to school. That's okay as long as it's kept put away and turned off. Christopher has a bad habit of not following that particular restriction. ON March 17, teacher Shawn Kimberly Kocher saw him with the phone and confiscated it. She then helped Assistant Vice Principal Marge Grube commit identity theft.
When the Klumps first spoke to Grube, they say, she acknowledged that she conducted a cell phone sting of sorts, calling nine students whose numbers Christopher stored in his phone. Later that night, though, when Leigh Klump looked at the online records for her son's cell phone account, she learned Grube had done much more. The records showed the calls Grube made. They also showed Grube tapped into Christopher's voice mail and text messages — and had even sent a message, pretending to be Christopher, to their younger son.

Grube's excuse for the sting was a suspicion of drug activity based on a text message that came to the phone from Christopher's girlfriend saying that she needed a tampon. "Tampon" is slang for a fat marijuana joint. It's also common parlance for a feminine hygiene product. In this case the actual usage was for the hygiene product (Christopher was able to procure one for her - now that's a boyfriend). The message had also been received the day before the confiscation, not while it was in Grube's possession. Grube and Kocher encountered that message only by rifling through the phone.
''If there was independent evidence that there was reasonable suspicion of drug dealing going on, perhaps the violation of the student's strong privacy interests in his phone could be justified,'' Raskin said in an e-mail. ''But this seems like a real stretch.'' Steve Edwards, a former principal in Hartford, Conn., now vice president of the National Crime Prevention Council, had a similar feeling on the issue.

''I would think that would be crossing the line,'' he said. ''If there's reasonable cause, you can search a locker, but that's school property. On occasion as a principal, I would ask a student to empty their pockets or purse. But to take someone's cell phone and start looking at messages? I don't know. Where does it stop?''

The school system refuses to admit that Grube and Kocher committed any wrongdoing. The Klumps have decided to sue the school district.
The Klumps' attorney, Prendergast, said the couple decided to file the lawsuits because district officials haven't apologized for Grube's and Kocher's actions and have not, to their knowledge, disciplined them. ''We hold students to a certain standard,'' Prendergast said. ''It is hypocritical for us not to hold educators to the same standard.…If Christopher or any other student had broken the law and school policy, they would have been disciplined.''

School officials said school code and union policy forbids public discussion of staff discipline.

Still, in a letter to Prendergast, Moritz wrote that the request for punishment would ''be taken under advisement and at the very least, required attendance at a student rights workshop will be forthcoming.''

The district also promised that the Klumps' younger son will not be assigned to Grube when he goes to the high school.

It seems unlikely that the Klumps will be satisfied with those actions.

The Klumps aren't asking for public discussion of staff discipline. I'm sure they would be perfectly satisfied with a private meeting that included an apology and assurance that Grube and Kocher understand what they did was wrong and steps have been taken to make sure that it doesn't happen again. That's really the minimum that we expect when disciplining our kids isn't it? Is it so wrong to hold these educators to the same minimum standards?

-------------------------

Off with their heads!!!!!
Old 05-08-2004   #2
Chaos Theory
Grace Exist Only to Fall From

(6666 days)
Threads: 415
Style: Smoke
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 8 hour

Chaos Theory is a magnificent specimenChaos Theory is a magnificent specimenChaos Theory is a magnificent specimen
Chaos Theory is a magnificent specimenChaos Theory is a magnificent specimenChaos Theory is a magnificent specimenChaos Theory is a magnificent specimenChaos Theory is a magnificent specimenChaos Theory is a magnificent specimenChaos Theory is a magnificent specimenChaos Theory is a magnificent specimenChaos Theory is a magnificent specimenChaos Theory is a magnificent specimenChaos Theory is a magnificent specimenChaos Theory is a magnificent specimen
Send a message via AIM to Chaos Theory Send a message via MSN to Chaos Theory
I would be so damn piss if that happened to me

Old 05-08-2004   #3
loki777_1
4thHorsemanOfTheApocolyps e

(6584 days)
Threads: 1
Style: Smoke
Time spent on board:
4 min 58 sec

loki777_1 has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to loki777_1
gaahhh, its things like that that make me very happy to no longer have to go to the hell hole called high school. For some reason, teachers are under the impresion they are the law, and that as minors, the students are under their complete control. Yes they can enforce rules... and maybe do the ocasional TEACHING, but they have no right to invade anyones privacy.

Which Suikoden True Rune Are You Compatible With?
brought to you by quizilla.com
basically, I hate people because I'm having a herpes outbreak... roooooaaaaarrrrrrr goes my vagina for it is angry!!!
click me!! you know you want to.
Old 05-08-2004   #4
idgaf rpgfan
The Dragon Lord

(6607 days)
Threads: 46
Style: Blue Hatch
Mood: uhh.....sure, whatever
Time spent on board:
1 week 6 day 4 hour

idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!
idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!idgaf rpgfan is a star, a bright shining star!
Send a message via AIM to idgaf rpgfan Send a message via Yahoo to idgaf rpgfan
Unfortunatelyy most schools have a very vague policy, if any, towards cell phones. That gives tthe teachers the idea that they can use their judgement, which is obviously not the best thing to trust

]There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightsavior
If your deity ain't f*&^ing you....why are you waiting for him to come?
^^I don't know where you got it but that one is worth repeating^^
Old 05-08-2004   #5
Leviathan
Thyne blood beats dark.

(6602 days)
Threads: 145
Style: Ocean Shoals
Mood: <_<
Time spent on board:
11 h 18 min 14 sec

Leviathan is a star, a bright shining star!Leviathan is a star, a bright shining star!Leviathan is a star, a bright shining star!Leviathan is a star, a bright shining star!
Leviathan is a star, a bright shining star!Leviathan is a star, a bright shining star!Leviathan is a star, a bright shining star!Leviathan is a star, a bright shining star!Leviathan is a star, a bright shining star!Leviathan is a star, a bright shining star!Leviathan is a star, a bright shining star!Leviathan is a star, a bright shining star!Leviathan is a star, a bright shining star!Leviathan is a star, a bright shining star!Leviathan is a star, a bright shining star!Leviathan is a star, a bright shining star!Leviathan is a star, a bright shining star!
Send a message via MSN to Leviathan
that would make me so maD!!!
Old 05-08-2004   #6
The Wang Master
Banned

(6742 days)
Threads: 43
Style: Girl Power
Time spent on board:
1 day 15 hour 57 min

The Wang Master is respected by all the members
The Wang Master is respected by all the membersThe Wang Master is respected by all the membersThe Wang Master is respected by all the membersThe Wang Master is respected by all the membersThe Wang Master is respected by all the membersThe Wang Master is respected by all the membersThe Wang Master is respected by all the membersThe Wang Master is respected by all the membersThe Wang Master is respected by all the membersThe Wang Master is respected by all the membersThe Wang Master is respected by all the membersThe Wang Master is respected by all the membersThe Wang Master is respected by all the membersThe Wang Master is respected by all the membersThe Wang Master is respected by all the members
Send a message via AIM to The Wang Master Send a message via Yahoo to The Wang Master
I'd so be using the words ****er and bitches alot. Not like casually, but blatantly. Then again I have little on my phone. I'd still call them names and make masturbation gestures with my hands telling them to also suck it.
Old 05-08-2004   #7
Asshole Mod
Chicken Little
I'm here to fertilise some eggs

(6695 days)
Threads: 181
Style: Casual Friday
Mood: Anyone got a gun?
Time spent on board:
1 month 2 week 3 day

Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Chicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanityChicken Little is a brilliant tribute to humanity
invasion of privacy, consfication of cell phones is allowed in certain situations but the content is still th eproperty of the owner and cannot be looked at legally without express interest fromthe owener by any outside party.

at least thats the rulez here.