Old 10-30-2008   #35
Kanaye
。。。

(3578 days)
Threads: 43
Style:
Time spent on board:
2 week 1 day 15 hour

Kanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to all
Kanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to allKanaye is truly an inspiration to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet Jades View Post
I'd also really prefer that to simply redirecting the URL to the forum here.
Wakarimashta. However I have a question to ask: is it because it's a nightmare to program a redirect or just for the aesthetic look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet Jades View Post
I killed the guide section because it was yet another site that posted guides, with pretty much all guides lifted from gamefaqs (with permission of the author, of course). Also because whether we want them or not, we need some integrated system to post them here, not all by hand. If we really want to go a game help/advice/etc route, we're better off devising a model of information delivery and management that isn't in use by gamefaqs and like, every other site with "walkthroughs/faqs." Maybe something that integrates the forums themselves into it.
I just wanna make a point with this.

I want to focus on "individual content" when I said "However, it's a good start to, like, make some strategy guide threads: how did you found it was the most effective way to beat this part, to beat that boss, to beat the game, I could go on." and focusing of the "you" of this new strategy.

I'll put my current case as an example. I'm playing a lot of Metal Gear Online and Sneaking Mission (SNE) as the game type. I could make a thread saying what are my methods to be successful when playing as Snake, what to avoid, the combos I use, etc.

The methodology is, in this case, what would I do to win as Snake, not what did the [insert random walkthrough site here] guy said it's good to win as Snake. As for control measures to ensure this is yours and purely yours...all that comes to mind right now is to be constantly checking those sites until something automatized is in place to check it for us.

みわはてつちにかえるねむりについたこどうたち
Kanaye is offline   Reply With Quote