Old 01-19-2016   #1
Don Chipotle
Aw shucks, sugar cube

(4974 days)
Threads: 1261
Style:
Time spent on board:
9 month 0 week 5 day

Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanityDon Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Don Chipotle is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Don Chipotle Send a message via Yahoo to Don Chipotle
Let's Check Out Blade and Soul!

What's Blade and Soul, you ask? Good question!

Blade and Soul is a free to play MMORPG under the NCSOFT banner. NCSOFT has such hit games as Aion, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, and Wildstar under their banner as publishers or whatever. Blade and Soul is a Korean action MMO about Chinese martial arts that is sure to attract a crowd of Japanese anime fans! All this Asian culture! I'm so enriched!

I'm curious enough to check it out and since it's free what have I got to lose other than time? Join me as I experience this game for the very first time!

Here we have the main menu and right off the bat I notice that there's no way to get rid of their intrusive "PAY US MONEY FOR SHIT" banner off to the left. Then I notice that I'm limited to two character slots. Which is probably fine, it's free to play. I guess they assume people who like it will be willing to buy more slots.

Let's take a look at the character creation screen.

So...we've got four races and...three classes? Seems a bit weird but...whatever. The Jin I guess are your standard human surrogates. Fair enough. The Blade Master class is their jack of all trades class, being all about living out your sickass teenage katana dreams. I predict this to be a popular class.

The Assassin is your stealth, rogue class. It's also invoking ninjas because of fucking course it does.

The Kung Fu Master is your...kung fu master class. It seems to be the most technically involved of the classes and that's probably why I want to play it. A little video showcasing the abilities of the class plays in the upper left, by the way. You can't see it because it's a still image.

Anyway, let's at least see what the other races look like.

The Gon are your 'we need a name for the not white/asian people' and also your 'fuckin...I dunno...dragon descendants?' race. They possess the ability to wear stylish fucking coats and wait...what class is that?

Force Master? What?

Blade and Soul has race specific classes. I'd say this is dumb but I mean...WoW does it, SWTOR did it (and still does if you're free to play), WildStar does it...so whatever.

Force Master is your mage class, wielding fire and ice and stylish goddamn coats.

Destroyer is a Gon specific class and it's your frontlines beefy, tanky sort of class. A giant fuck-off axe and strength to rival the gods.

The Lyn are your pedophile race and because of this they have two classes that only they can be. The first is Blade Dancer which I guess is like Blade Master but fast? Fuckin' I dunno I clicked off this race way fast because no.

The Lyn can also be SUmmoners which I assume to be a pet class. Go nuts.

The Yun are an all female race of hippies that are way into nature. They can be Kung Fu, Force Master, or Blade Master.

I went with Jin and Kung Fu Master because if I'm playing a martial arts game I want all the martial arts.

Let's go to character creation now, shall we?

Oh god it's one of these games.

Oh god why are there poses

Oh god why are the eyes like something out of KyoAni and Key?

Oh god why's it so sweaty or is that oil or oh goddddd

Good looking out, Korea.

Yeah, you can go fucking nuts with this. With shit like this I either customize physical aspects of a preset or hit random until I get something not hideous. But the afro did give me an idea.

Like FF14, servers are locked out for like reasons or something. So I went with Poharan because the one I wanted is locked.

I named my character Midnight Venus. Why, you ask?

Because she's the second coolest thing in Catherine.

I also made a Force Master Gon because stylish jackets. I wanted to call her Zhurong because Dynasty Warriors but it was taken. And so were a bunch of anime names I tried just to see. So I went with Dairuko, a character from a trading card game I was into once upon a time. Akodo Dairuko has white hair. The similarities are there.

But let's stick with Midnight Venus because she's the original.

With my character made, let's get into this!

...Fuck this.

Real subtle, Blade and Soul, putting your Priority Queue ad so perfectly in the eyeline.

How dreamlike to see my x-sisters, outside the context of a Papa Song dome. They sang Papa Song’s Psalm, over and over; background hydraulics underbassed that sickening melody. But how jubilant they sounded! Their Investment was paid off. The voyage to Hawaii was under way, and their new life on Xultation would shortly begin... Watching them from the hangway, I envied their certainty about the future.

Last edited by Don Chipotle; 01-19-2016 at 04:00 PM.
Don Chipotle is offline   Reply With Quote