Lancet Jades
The Epochal Avatar

(6624 days)
Threads: 1789
Style:
Mood: Who did the what now?
Time spent on board:
1 year 2 month 3 week 4 day

Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Lancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanityLancet Jades is a brilliant tribute to humanity
Send a message via AIM to Lancet Jades Send a message via MSN to Lancet Jades Send a message via Yahoo to Lancet Jades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapplecrack View Post
because apart from, like, The Witcher, WRPGs are kind of not a thing anymore.
What do you mean by that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapplecrack View Post
For me, I guess it's a matter of RPGs not really evolving past the graphical level. I get fed up with a lot of presentation in JRPGs. Tales of Xillia just felt like more of the same, because it fucking was. The same style of humor. The same stock character types. The same themes as the other Tales games. It just felt like a hollow experience overall.
This might just be true. I haven't played as many RPGs this past gen as in previous gens, and when I have played RPGs, it's usually been lesser-known or niche RPGs. In fact, all RPG games I can see I've played are: Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Two Worlds (ugh), Operation Darkness, Zoids Assault, Divinity II (Ego Draconis and Dragon Knight Saga), Taes of Vesperia, Dark Souls 1 and 2, and Demon's Souls. My list for the gen before (PS2 and Gamecube) is about 3x as long, if not more, with dozens more I haven't played that interest me more than the onesI didn't play on 360, PS3, or Wii. But part of that might be due to how much simpler the PS2 gen was; no DLC, no system accounts, no achievements, none of that. Just the console, a wired controller, a memory card, and a pocketful of dreams.